Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    I am not denying the role which Iran has played and continues to play in the war against pan-turanism. I just wanted to point out that Armenia and Iran have allies in this fight and that the issue affects a wider region than just the Trans Caucasus.
    Pan-Turkism is overrated, Turkd cannot pull it off.....however it has become very real in northern Iran. I have a feeling this Iranian regime knows very well what is going on but I am not sure how effective they are. This is no joke.....influencing young impressionable kids who see no future in their lives.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      Pan-Turkism is overrated, Turkd cannot pull it off.....however it has become very real in northern Iran. I have a feeling this Iranian regime knows very well what is going on but I am not sure how effective they are. This is no joke.....influencing young impressionable kids who see no future in their lives.
      Eddo you're 100% right - the other point is that C I A is working with some of them. It's a very serious danger, especially for Armenia. The sad part is that not all of the Azeris are actual Turks though they are being brainwashed to be.

"[Pentagon] Defense officials acknowledged yesterday that they have spoken to Mahmud Ali Chehregani, who leads the Southern Azerbaijan National Awakeness Movement (SANAM) operating inside Iran." http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...th-regime.html
      Last edited by Persopolis; 03-24-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Happy Persian New Year 1390 to all Iranians at home and abroad.
        Eddo-jan, you see it was a great Nowruz: I predicted long ago that Sargsyan would go (Georgia has also adopted Nowruz as an official holiday). Aliyev cancelled. Every other country went. I suspect that people will not realize it here, but this is a big deal. It is a major coup for Armenia as Nowruz will be used to also remind surrounding countries of historic ties. (Who doesn't want to remember the history? The fabricators of history - Azerbaijan.) http://www.contact.az/topics_en.asp?...3&day=24&mdn=1

Ilham Aliyev refuses to participate in Novruz celebrations in Iran

2011 March 24 ( Thursday ) 13:40:12
        (Visited 16)

President Ilham Aliyev refused to take part in the celebration of Novruz in Tehran on March 27. Vice Premier Elchin Efendiyev, who is responsible for culture issues, will attend the ceremony instead of Ilham Aliyev Elchin Efendiyev, according to Iranian agency «Pars».

The reason for refusal to visit Iran is unknown. It is not excluded that the reason for the denial became an invitation of the President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan by the Iranian authorities to the same event. Thus, the Armenian president was invited to make official visit to Iran on March 27-28, and to participate in the summit of states celebrating Novruz.

[Note about Nowruz: It's a secular holiday, the Festival of Spring, dating back thousands of years - with traditional food, dancing, celebration, etc. If anyone wants more information, it's on the web. It's also called "the Persian New Year."]
        Last edited by Persopolis; 03-25-2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

You know what this statement reminds me of.......a Turk has no friend but a Turk.
          So are you telling me to keep Iran as an ally even if it harms our country? Why would we do that? what is the benefit of it? Your only concern should be Armenia and it's well being not that of Iran or any other country, never forget who you are.
          You still arguing with this kid who does not represent our relations and that couldn’t shut up to save his own life? You got patience my friend.
          You know what I think is really funny, we've got an odar coming here insulting an Armenian and calling him names, an Armenian that has been a part of this community for a much longer time but there members who would support the foreigner and attack their fellow Armenian as well. We get one Persian here and every one starts sucking up to him like he's an old friend that should be cared for.

Comment

Armenian electrical appliances manufacturer to enter Iranian market
            March 22, 2011 - 12:09 AMT 08:09 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - “Elektrasarq” ojsc, an Armenian electrical appliances manufacturer, is going to enter the Iranian market.

By the end of April, the company will dispatch the first lot at the amount of $50 thousand, executive director Karen Sargsyan told journalists in Yerevan.

Currently, the company employs 145 people. 98% of production is exported to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, with the annual turnover totaling AMD 400-500 million.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Baku accuses Tehran of disrespect for Azerbaijani interests
            March 25, 2011 - 15:25 AMT 11:25 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani political analyst Fikret Sadykhov said that Baku made a correct decision to participate in Nowruz celebration in Iran not at the level of the Azerbaijani President, by sending Deputy Prime Minister for it.

“Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan’s invitation to Nowruz celebration in Iran is an unfriendly gesture towards Azerbaijan, which does not serve the interests of our bilateral relations,” said Sadykhov.

According to him, with it, Iran disrespects and disregards the interests of a friendly state – Azerbaijan, Salam News reported.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
              Armenia for Armenians and feel threatened by being too open with foreigners, especially if they regard Armenia as some kind of haven to run away to because things aren't doing so well in their country. The idea is, you're welcome to come to Armenia, if you want to be an Armenian. This rule of thumb applies to Diasporan Armenians too, who, despite their identity of at the least being of Armenian descent, are not always compatible with the mainstream population of Armenia in terms of culture and national attitudes. Armenians tend to identify very strongly with their church, so that is an instant barrier to largescale immigration of Muslims, whether they are Turkic, Iranian, Cherkes, you name it . Armenians tend to identify very strongly with their language too. So if Iranians want to enter Armenia to find a safe haven, all Mos is really saying here is that it would be in our state's interest to require them to overcome these barriers, by complying with them. The modern republic of Armenia has never been a multicultural nation, I don't think it can be unless it wants to forfeit its identity as a nation for Armenians. If this insults you, then what can I say... Armenians have fought Persians before, and lost because they were much more feeble in might. That is what the battle of Avarayr epically portrays. But the moral is that Armenians stubbornly defended their identity. That is also why Armenians were genocided in recent history. That is the price to be Armenian and desire to remain Armenian at all costs... Not easy huh? So please try to understand Mos' xenophobia from this perspective.
              In a way it's a good sign for Armenia to be an attractive destination for foreign tourists, including Iranians.
              I think most Iranians who go to Armenia are secular. They are curious about Armenia, and want to visit somewhere different,
              but deep-down, culturally there are also many similarities. Many Armenians prefer a traditional way of life and don't
              like too much western influence.
              Maybe in the past Armenia was just open to visitors from other soviet republics and diaspora Armenians.
              Today an independent Armenia has to adjust to new realities. In future, probably there will be more tourists from
              Iran than overseas Armenians. If relations with Turkey improve, Turkish visitors will also arrive. That's Armenia's
              geography. A new generation of Russians is also beginning to discover Armenia. If Georgians come to their senses
              they will also begin to enjoy Armenia's hospitality

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                So are you telling me to keep Iran as an ally even if it harms our country? Why would we do that? what is the benefit of it? Your only concern should be Armenia and it's well being not that of Iran or any other country, never forget who you are.

You know what I think is really funny, we've got an odar coming here insulting an Armenian and calling him names, an Armenian that has been a part of this community for a much longer time but there members who would support the foreigner and attack their fellow Armenian as well. We get one Persian here and every one starts sucking up to him like he's an old friend that should be cared for.
                You know what my concern is.....the lack of respect, common courtesy and hospitality we have shown to our new Iranian member who has also shown more spirit of fighting our enemies than some of us do. You can call it whatever you want but this is not right. This is not how we are and a good example is our leadership's courteous relations with the Iranian government. Same can be said about a Russian member if it were to post here..

We can attack each other all we want, that is given but as cultured civilized people we must act honorably with our friends across the border. Mos's constant attacks on Persopolis, Iranian culture, and his twisted view of Iranians is an insult especially when you guys bunch them up with all Muslims when you don't know who the Persians are. If anything we are more religiously radical than a typical Persian.

You two are buying into the negative propaganda made by Israel and the West against a country that has not attacked anyone for centuries and has always been in good terms with us.

Nobody really knows anyone here on these forums (we are all individual humans with our own behaviors regardless of race or religion) but our actions speak volume of our mindset that does nothing but alienate the few friends we have in the region and cast wrong collective Armenian impression on Iran.
                That is not right Karo.

What makes you think the world hates Iran country? There are many ways we could criticize Iran Armenian relations but your approach is incorrect and insulting. If I was a Persian I wouldnt post here anymore and leave with a bad impression. Now you boys can do what you want, let your conscious be your guide.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Sarkisian To Visit Iran For Nowruz Celebrations

Iran -- President Mahmud Ahmadinejad (R) with his Armenian counterpart Serzh Sarkisian in Tehran, 13Apr2009

President Serzh Sarkisian will fly to Tehran this weekend to take part in official celebrations of the ancient Nowruz holiday and hold talks with Iran’s leaders, his office announced on Friday.

The official Iranian IRNA news agency said on Thursday that heads of states from Iraq, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Armenia will attend the festivities marking the start of the Iranian solar year. Qatar, Oman and Kyrgyzstan will also send high-level representatives, it said.

Sarkisian’s press office confirmed this information. It said he will also hold separate meetings on Sunday with Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during “the working visit.” There was no word on the agenda of those talks.

Sarkisian paid an official visit to the Islamic Republic about two years ago. The trip resulted in the signing of Armenian-Iranian agreements on the launch of more multimillion-dollar energy projects between the two neighboring states. Those include the construction of two hydroelectric stations, which is due to start this year.

Like his predecessors, Sarkisian has declared the development of political and economic ties with Iran a top foreign policy priority. Visiting Germany last year, he urged Western powers to respect Iran’s geopolitical interests in the South Caucasus and held up the Armenian-Iranian projects as a model for regional cooperation.

Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sarkisian likewise stressed Iran’s geopolitical and economic importance for his country when he visited Brussels last week. Speaking in the European Parliament, he expressed concern about a possible toughening of international sanctions against Tehran. He said that could complicate landlocked Armenia’s commercial ties with the outside world that are carried out through Iranian territory.

President Serzh Sarkisian will fly to Tehran this weekend to take part in official celebrations of the ancient Nowruz holiday and hold talks with Iran’s leaders, his office announced on Friday.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

You know what my concern is.....the lack of respect, common courtesy and hospitality we have shown to our new Iranian member who has also shown more spirit of fighting our enemies than some of us do. You can call it whatever you want but this is not right. This is not how we are and a good example is our leadership's courteous relations with the Iranian government. Same can be said about a Russian member if it were to post here..

We can attack each other all we want, that is given but as cultured civilized people we must act honorably with our friends across the border. Mos's constant attacks on Persopolis, Iranian culture, and his twisted view of Iranians is an insult especially when you guys bunch them up with all Muslims when you don't know who the Persians are. If anything we are more religiously radical than a typical Persian.

You two are buying into the negative propaganda made by Israel and the West against a country that has not attacked anyone for centuries and has always been in good terms with us.

Nobody really knows anyone here on these forums (we are all individual humans with our own behaviors regardless of race or religion) but our actions speak volume of our mindset that does nothing but alienate the few friends we have in the region and cast wrong collective Armenian impression on Iran.
                      That is not right Karo.

What makes you think the world hates Iran country? There are many ways we could criticize Iran Armenian relations but your approach is incorrect and insulting. If I was a Persian I wouldnt post here anymore and leave with a bad impression. Now you boys can do what you want, let your conscious be your guide.
                      Tell me how anything Karo or I have said is insulting?

What country you care about more, Armenia or Iran?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X