Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    1. In Wikileaks Aliyev described his ties to Israel as an iceberg (5% of which is seen on the surface / 95% of which is hidden below the surface) - ironically that's what ended the Captain of the Titanic.
    Nice!
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      For Tajikistan and Afghanistan, it is never bad to have relations with any country + we need to develop relations with as many Muslim states as possible, take advantage of the situation. We have troops in Afghanistan, it would be great for Serge to say hi to Karzai and mention how we're "helping Afghanistan" with our presence.
      I would say it is important to have good relations with Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Iraq and others. In fact Armenia's long term success depends on having good relations with the Moslem world

Comment

So, what is actually going on here?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Celebration of Amanor at Garni on March 21 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	538701
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Celebration of Amanor at Garni on March 21 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	538700

Celebration of "Amanor" at Garni on March 21, 2011. Is "Amanor" actually Novruz?
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          So, what is actually going on here?
          [ATTACH]2195[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]2194[/ATTACH]

Celebration of "Amanor" at Garni on March 21, 2011. Is "Amanor" actually Novruz?
          Amanor means New Year but I am surprised they are celebrating it on March 21. In the Armenian calendar, Amanor is celebrated in Navasart, which is the Armenian calendar name for August. Basically, New Year is in mid-August.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Amanor means New Year but I am surprised they are celebrating it on March 21. In the Armenian calendar, Amanor is celebrated in Navasart, which is the Armenian calendar name for August. Basically, New Year is in mid-August.
            According to the legend, Hayk Nahapet defeated the forces of Babylonian tyrant Bel and initiated the future Armenian state and nation. It happened on August 11, 2492BC. That day - August 11 - was the New Year (Amanor) for the ancient Armenians. Main New Year events took place on both sides of the river Aratzani on the slope of Npat Mountain. King and queen with their suite and generals with their forces took part in celebrations. People from all the parts of Armenia came here. The main meaning of the Amanor celebrations wasn't just merriment, but also the union of the nation. Celebrations lasted several days. During one day people drank sweet drinks and light wines, but one couldn't find any drunken person: "Most of the tares Gods leave in the field of the drunkard", says the ancient Armenian proverb. Because of climatic differences of Armenia, in different parts of the country people made different dishes for the festal table. But everywhere there was one common ingredient: round wheat, grown only in Armenia. Our ancestors ate bread made of that wheat on Amanor, for pagan gods to make the coming year fertile. Nowadays Amanor is also celebrated on August 11. The celebration takes place in pagan temple in Garni.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              According to the legend, Hayk Nahapet defeated the forces of Babylonian tyrant Bel and initiated the future Armenian state and nation. It happened on August 11, 2492BC. That day - August 11 - was the New Year (Amanor) for the ancient Armenians. Main New Year events took place on both sides of the river Aratzani on the slope of Npat Mountain. King and queen with their suite and generals with their forces took part in celebrations. People from all the parts of Armenia came here. The main meaning of the Amanor celebrations wasn't just merriment, but also the union of the nation. Celebrations lasted several days. During one day people drank sweet drinks and light wines, but one couldn't find any drunken person: "Most of the tares Gods leave in the field of the drunkard", says the ancient Armenian proverb. Because of climatic differences of Armenia, in different parts of the country people made different dishes for the festal table. But everywhere there was one common ingredient: round wheat, grown only in Armenia. Our ancestors ate bread made of that wheat on Amanor, for pagan gods to make the coming year fertile. Nowadays Amanor is also celebrated on August 11. The celebration takes place in pagan temple in Garni.
              Armenians should organize celebration of Amanor in Julfa and Isfahan; it's good business and uplifts people's spirits. I checked and saw that Nowrooz concerts are held in Yerevan, but unfortunately they are more pop-music style. The good ones are the traditional music festivals, with the old instruments and dancers. Yerevan Nowrooz Concerts: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...9157742&ref=mf

First-Rate Article For Iranian/Armenian Relations & ParskaHyes Especially: Please Read:

Great Article in Armenian Magazine on Parskahyes Celebrating Nowrooz (for anyone joining the discussion on this topic late in the game, Nowrooz is secular and totally consistent with Christianity and Armenian Patriotism - it's a celebration of Spring and Culture mostly).

Click Link:
              http://www.ianyanmag.com/2010/03/20/...s-an-armenian/

Nice to See The Pride From the Shared History & Centuries of Friendship:
              "As Armenian as they were, they were also Persian and everything – from the food, to the music, to the traditions have been passed down to my sister and I in the most charming way. Not because it was forced, or written into our daily lives, but because we were genuinely interested.
              Last year, I requested a Persian cook book from my mother, and without even thinking twice, she trotted down to Westwood, better known as Tehrangeles and bought me one. At work, I catch myself searching endlessly for Persian songs from yesteryear. When we sing “Happy Birthday,” at gatherings, it always comes in threes: English, Armenian and in Farsi. I can sing the Iranian national anthem by heart, ingrained in me from years and years of watching Persian public access channels. It is rooted deep in me and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with the cuisine, music and other cultural influences, it has become a tradition to celebrate Nowruz (Norooz), or Persian New Year in my family."
              Last edited by Persopolis; 03-28-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Briefly Addresses Iran/Armenian Ties, but includes other useful information:

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  According to the legend, Hayk Nahapet defeated the forces of Babylonian tyrant Bel and initiated the future Armenian state and nation. It happened on August 11, 2492BC.
                  At 11.30 in the morning.

I wonder if some groups in Armenia have decided that the August 11th date is just some later Christian falsification or appropriation and decided that, if one goes back to the origins, Amanor and Novruz are identical, are one and the same.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world...nother_failure

Azerbaijan still hopes to persuade Iran to blockade Armenia, yet faces another failure
                    March 28, 2011 - 20:15 AMT 15:15 GMT
                    PanARMENIAN.Net - Baku uses every opportunity to yet another time express its determination to “liberate lands.” The presence of Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan in Tehran during Nowruz celebrations came as another reason.

According to Azerbaijani parliament vice speaker Bahar Muradova, Iran, being an Islamic country, must not undertake any steps contradicting to Azerbaijan’s national interests.

The vice speaker urges Iran to join in the blockade Azerbaijan and Turkey imposed on Armenia. “If Iran refuses to help Armenia, the blockaded Armenian government will have to agree to negotiations,” Muradova believes, adding that the war will bring many disasters upon Armenia.

It’s been 20 years since Armenia has been blockaded by Azerbaijan and Turkey, with every Baku attempt to win Tehran over to its side ending in a failure. Iran is conducting a well-balanced regional policy, clearly understanding that one must not take sides in Karabakh conflict. The country does not wish to follow Turkey’s sad example on the issue.

It’s been several weeks since Azerbaijanis have been voicing severe concern over developing Armenia-Iran relations. Obviously, numerous anti-Iranian meetings in Baku and Ankara aim to force Tehran to turn away from Yerevan.

Thus, on February 4, Turkish citizens of Azerbaijani origin organized a rally in front of Iranian embassy in Ankara. Rally participants laid a black wreath at Iranian embassy, demanding Iran to stop cooperation with Armenia and interference in Azerbaijan’s internal affairs.

February 9 Baku-hosted rally against “Iran’s officials’ disrespectful attitude to Azerbaijan and establishing closer relations with Armenia” was dispersed by the police. Most probably, Azerbaijani authorities aimed to show their non-involvement in organisation of suchlike rallies.

Some assumptions suggest that anti-Iranian rallies are caused by Baku’s fear for Islamic revolution which might be provoked by increasing influence of Islam in Azerbaijan.

However, it should be kept in mind that Iran has rejected a request to provide Azerbaijan with a corridor along Arax River for attacking Fizuli, Jebrail and Zangelan. According to Echo newspaper, Baku negotiated the issue in autumn 2010 and experienced complete failure. In exchange for the corridor, Baku promised to take a neutral stand in case of a war against Iran. Clearly, Baku cannot forgive Iran’s refusal.

While Azerbaijan tries to exacerbate Iran-Armenia ties, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has scheduled a visit to Armenia. Return visit of Armenian President to Iran is planned as well as his participation in Novruz festivities. “Mutual visits of parliament speakers and other officials are also expected,” Iran’s ambassador to Armenia Seyed Ali Saghaeyan stressed.

Apparently, yet another attempt of Azerbaijan to “harm” Armenia has failed.

Meanwhile Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is urging to expand bilateral ties with Armenia and develop regional cooperation. As he noted, the perspectives of Armenia-Iran relations development have no boundaries.

Iran, Armenia can play role of regional energy operators
                    http://news.am/eng/news/53039.html
                    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Posted By Newswire 55 minutes ago (At this rate I will change my name from 'Persopolis' to the 'Anonymous-Psychic')
                      http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90...4/7333862.html

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called for "stronger ties" and promotion of regional cooperation with Armenia, the English language satellite Press TV reported on Monday.

In a meeting with his Armenian counterpart Serzh Sargsyan on the sidelines of the celebrations for the International Day of Nowruz in Tehran on Sunday, Ahmadinejad said Iran has placed no limits on the development of cooperation with Armenia, and that the two states need to cultivate their relations as friendly neighbors, said the report.

He emphasized the implementation of previous agreements and the projects in energy and transportation sectors between the two neighbors and called for preparing the grounds for further cooperation.

For his part, the Armenian president expressed delight over his presence at the Nowruz celebrations, saying that the event can have a significant role in bringing the two nations closer, according to Press TV.

The celebrations for the International Day of Nowruz kicked off in Tehran on Sunday in the presence of presidents of Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Armenia and some officials from regional countries.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is getting funnier by the minute! (FYI it's called Now-Rooz "New - Day" - Armenians Please Never use the Turkish spelling with a "V" - because the Turks have a habit of thinking they created things they misspell).

"Turkey has conveyed a proposal to the Iranian president to host next year’s International Nevruz (< - ) Festival, marking the arrival of spring and the Iranian new year, a top official said Sunday."

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...key-2011-03-28

(I think Turkey is trying to save Aliyev's a$$; and to avoid being locked out itself.)
                      Last edited by Persopolis; 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X