Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    Iran & Turkey already directly cooperate on military matters against the PKK - so neither direct nor indirect cooperation b/w Turkey & Iran is an impossibility. I stated what the scenario might be - Armenians put Azerbaijanis & Iranian-Azaris in the same basket ... the situation gradually escalates ... which causes the latter to realign and support Turkey and Azerbaijan or use the sway they have with other groups and states in the region to get involved.
    (Wars have started over less. Again this is not my wish - but it's a possibility.)
    In your little scenario you keep ignoring the rest of the world and act like Turkey and Iran are the only countries in the world. Right now Iran is an enemy of NATO and the West, and Turkey is a part of NATO. It's one thing to go and hunt terrorists but it's something else invading an sovereign nation together with Iran.

How are you going to sell it to the Armenians living in Iran that you are invading Armenia or to the Armenians living in the rest of the world? how long do you thin the US will need to start bombing Iran for attacking Armenia and what will Russia do when you start attacking its investment and ally? Iran will be an outcast with no real ally to support it except Turkey. You keep forgetting that Armenians have the second strongest lobby in the US and the strongest one in Russia. Now imagine the Armenian and Israeli lobby working together against Iran, because that will happen when Iran attack Armenia. We stopped the US from sending aid to Azerbaijan, in any form, until 2001. The US has no differences with Azerbaijan and had nothing to gain from not sending aid to Azerbaijan and everything to gain.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      [1] ... it's something else invading an sovereign nation together with Iran.
      [2] How are you going to sell it to the Armenians living in Iran that you are invading Armenia or to the Armenians living in the rest of the world?
      [3] how long do you thin the US will need to start bombing Iran for attacking Armenia ...
      [4] what will Russia do when you start attacking its investment and ally?
      [5] You keep forgetting that Armenians have the second strongest lobby in the US and the strongest one in Russia.
      1. It wouldn't have to be an invasion - Armenia's population = the size of 1 mid-sized city.
      2. Not a factor.
      3. The US will likely support Turkey over Armenia (something it does now) - Israel would also likely support Turkey over Armenia -- neither the US nor Israel holds any sway with Iran (though military threats or otherwise).
      4. Russia could also get onboard - doubtful that Russia would risk relations with the entire ME for a tiny country with 3 million people; but idealogical groups won't care what Russia thinks. Pakistan already doesn't want Armenia to exist (Iran asked Pakistan not to sell arms to Azerbaijan for attacking Armenia); the Afghan Mujahideen would put a Russian-backed state into a war of attrition for fun. If the Iranian-Azaris get on board, that means that Hezbollah is also on board.
      5. You're kidding yourself if you think Iran cares about the Armenian lobby in the U.S. or elsewhere. Totally meaningless.

Comment

Iran will be an outcast with no real ally to support it except Turkey.
        Such a scenario will NEVER play out. The interests of these countries will never coincide. They will always be regional competitors, striving for influence and domination in the region. If one is weakened, you can bet the other will take advantage of it.

Comment

Why are you guys even giving these idiots answers, what Iran attacking Armenia is all this talk about? I know, let's talk about how the US and UK gang up against Israel. Israel is such a tiny and insignificant country, it's a burden and causes the whole muslim world to be anti-american. What would Israel do in such a case? o, me, o my, ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! how stupid is that???????????????? hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Armenia-Iran relations are great. Iran is a great ally. Cooperation in all aspects is excellent. Long live the Armenian-Iranian parthernship!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
              1. It wouldn't have to be an invasion - Armenia's population = the size of 1 mid-sized city.
              2. Not a factor.
              3. The US will likely support Turkey over Armenia (something it does now) - Israel would also likely support Turkey over Armenia -- neither the US nor Israel holds any sway with Iran (though military threats or otherwise).
              4. Russia could also get onboard - doubtful that Russia would risk relations with the entire ME for a tiny country with 3 million people; but idealogical groups won't care what Russia thinks. Pakistan already doesn't want Armenia to exist (Iran asked Pakistan not to sell arms to Azerbaijan for attacking Armenia); the Afghan Mujahideen would put a Russian-backed state into a war of attrition for fun. If the Iranian-Azaris get on board, that means that Hezbollah is also on board.
              5. You're kidding yourself if you think Iran cares about the Armenian lobby in the U.S. or elsewhere. Totally meaningless.
              1.So how are you going to defeat Armenia then, if you aren't going to invade it? Air strikes?
              2.. So the wishes or Iranian citizens does not matter to Iran.
              3.The US will do anything do destroy Iran together with Israel, you keep forgetting the fact that Iran was proclaimed as a member of the Axis of Evil together with North-Korea and Iraq.
              4.Russia attacking its last base in the Caucasus, this is ignoring reality and the fact that Russia has already rushed to the defense of Armenia 18 years ago. Pakistan is a third rate power in the world and can not project its influences so far outside its border, Pakistan actually can not even project its power and influence inside its own country. What will Hezbollah do, give zionist support to Armenia against their biggest enemy Iran? how long do you think Iran can wage war against Armenia when they are being attacked by NATO? Iran today has so many enemies that it doesn't have the political power to do anything. Iran should care about Russia, in the last war they fought the Russians defeated a 60000 strong army with 8000 men.
              5. Turkey cares about them and if Iran would attack Armenia it would care too a lot.

Comment

1.So how are you going to defeat Armenia then, if you aren't going to invade it? Air strikes?
                2.. So the wishes or Iranian citizens does not matter to Iran.
                3.The US will do anything do destroy Iran together with Israel, you keep forgetting the fact that Iran was proclaimed as a member of the Axis of Evil together with North-Korea and Iraq.
                4.Russia attacking its last base in the Caucasus, this is ignoring reality and the fact that Russia has already rushed to the defense of Armenia 18 years ago. Pakistan is a third rate power in the world and can not project its influences so far outside its border, Pakistan actually can not even project its power and influence inside its own country. What will Hezbollah do, give zionist support to Armenia against their biggest enemy Iran? how long do you think Iran can wage war against Armenia when they are being attacked by NATO? Iran today has so many enemies that it doesn't have the political power to do anything. Iran should care about Russia, in the last war they fought the Russians defeated a 60000 strong army with 8000 men.
                5. Turkey cares about them and if Iran would attack Armenia it would care too a lot.
                This talk is stupid beyond comprehension. You keep on throwing a bone if front of that dog. Can't you see all he wants is attention? He's literally talking out of his A$$$$$$$$, you're giving him serious responses. Let the dog bark.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                  Armenia-Iran relations are great. Iran is a great ally. Cooperation in all aspects is excellent. Long live the Armenian-Iranian parthernship!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  No one here is talking against Armenia and Iran having good relations. What we are talking against firstly, is this notion that Armenia belongs under "Greater Iran" and that all aspects of the Armenian nation fall under Iranian influence. This is false and senseless Iranian propaganda and I hope as a Armenian you don't support that BS.

And second, we should have the freedom to analyse the Iran Armenia relationship through pragmatic eyes without being labeled a "Azeri spy". I have no attachment to any other country but Armenia, so I will analyse all our relations analytically and pragmatically. And with this, I still support our relations, especially in economic sphere, with our Iranian neighbours.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    No one here is talking against Armenia and Iran having good relations. What we are talking against firstly, is this notion that Armenia belongs under "Greater Iran" and that all aspects of the Armenian nation fall under Iranian influence. This is false and senseless Iranian propaganda and I hope as a Armenian you don't support that BS.

And second, we should have the freedom to analyse the Iran Armenia relationship through pragmatic eyes without being labeled a "Azeri spy". I have no attachment to any other country but Armenia, so I will analyse all our relations analytically and pragmatically. And with this, I still support our relations, especially in economic sphere, with our Iranian neighbours.
                    I agree with you, except characterizing idiots talking out of their a$$$$$$$es as "iranian propoganda" is not right. Iran is not engaged in any falsification of history, unlike the Turks. I see Iran only in the context of Armenia's national isterests. and this current regime, in particular, suits it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                      I agree with you, except characterizing idiots talking out of their a$$$$$$$es as "iranian propoganda" is not right. Iran is not engaged in any falsification of history, unlike the Turks. I see Iran only in the context of Armenia's national isterests. and this current regime, in particular, suits it very well.
                      Did I say Iran? I'm talking about the 2 Persian member that the argument has been against - and they have been talking like they are experts on armenian history and thus putting out an agenda of Armenia, our culture, history, being under Iranian sphere.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X