Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

This month Iran & Armenia had high-level friendly defense talks: so, it would seem reasonable for Armenians to try to figure why there's a disinformation campaign underway trying to cast doubt about that relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      Yes, agree, it is BS!
      Iran made an official statement on it ... translation ... it's just BS.

"The[Iranian] Embassy also reminds [the hostile parties] that Iranian official positions are expressed only by the Iranian President and the speaker of the MFA and other announcements are just opinions." http://times.am/2011/05/14/iranian-s...-the-nk-issue/
      Aliyev-baijan constantly complains about Iran's help to Armenia, as it did yesterday:

"It was predicted that Iranian tourists visiting Armenia during the Novruz celebrations will spend about $20 million. However, the Armenian officials report that Iranians "poured" $40 million into the Armenian budget. The Iranian side allocated a grant worth $60 million for construction of the Tabriz-Yerevan Highway. Iran has provided Armenia with a priority position for the organization of economic and tourist activities in Kish. Based on the estimates, Armenia’s profit from economic and tourist activities in Iran will be about $20 million. Iran provides Armenia with a profit of $200 million under the ‘Gas in Exchange of Power’ project that will continue in 2011. Iran, which has connected Armenia with the World Ocean, undertook an obligation to complete the project which is worth $4 billion. Also, Iran will provide military assistance to Armenia," Ahmedoglu said. http://en.trend.az/news/politics/1875550.html
      Last edited by Persopolis; 05-14-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

[Removed Link on Purpose]

" Iran must seize Baku and Nakhjivan, proviences of the Republic of Azarbaijan, an official says
        BayBak, Azerbaijan | Saturday, 19th May , 2007 , 20:53 [pm] | Azerbaijan

Spokesman of Association of Islamic Fighters (Jamyiat-e Fadayian-e Eslam) added: It is more that 99 years that those proviences of Iran! was given to Russia, so it is time to reunite them with Iran.
        Mohammad Mehdi Abd-e Khodayi also rejects the name of Khazar Sea (Caspian Sea) and call it Mazandaran Sea. He says all area belongs to Iran. We are the must powerful rejime in middle east and have the last word in any debate.added: It is more that 99 years that those proviences of Iran! was given to Russia, so it is time to reunite them with Iran.

Mohammad Mehdi Abd-e Khodayi also rejects the name of Khazar Sea (Caspian Sea) and call it Mazandaran Sea. He says all area belongs to Iran. We are the must powerful rejime in middle east and have the last word in any debate.

It is not the first time an official body calls to attack to the Republic of Azarbaijan. As there is a magazine called Northern Iran (Iran-e Shomali) being published inside Iran, its budget comes from the government of Iran.

Government of Azarbaijan has to be more serious and strong to face such idiotic claimes. Issue gets more complicated when nulear activities of Iran creating problems world wide. If Iran been given permition to have nuclear power (not energy), it will be to late to control her as she has started treathening the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          [Removed Link on Purpose]

" Iran must seize Baku and Nakhjivan, proviences of the Republic of Azarbaijan, an official says
          BayBak, Azerbaijan | Saturday, 19th May , 2007 , 20:53 [pm] | Azerbaijan

Spokesman of Association of Islamic Fighters (Jamyiat-e Fadayian-e Eslam) added: It is more that 99 years that those proviences of Iran! was given to Russia, so it is time to reunite them with Iran.
          Mohammad Mehdi Abd-e Khodayi also rejects the name of Khazar Sea (Caspian Sea) and call it Mazandaran Sea. He says all area belongs to Iran. We are the must powerful rejime in middle east and have the last word in any debate.added: It is more that 99 years that those proviences of Iran! was given to Russia, so it is time to reunite them with Iran.

Mohammad Mehdi Abd-e Khodayi also rejects the name of Khazar Sea (Caspian Sea) and call it Mazandaran Sea. He says all area belongs to Iran. We are the must powerful rejime in middle east and have the last word in any debate.

It is not the first time an official body calls to attack to the Republic of Azarbaijan. As there is a magazine called Northern Iran (Iran-e Shomali) being published inside Iran, its budget comes from the government of Iran.

Government of Azarbaijan has to be more serious and strong to face such idiotic claimes. Issue gets more complicated when nulear activities of Iran creating problems world wide. If Iran been given permition to have nuclear power (not energy), it will be to late to control her as she has started treathening the world.
          Well Naxijevan is Armenian so Armenians should take that, sure Iranians can help us when the time comes.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Well Naxijevan is Armenian so Armenians should take that, sure Iranians can help us when the time comes.
            Both Azerbaijan and some Armenians have interesting theories as to the name - ancient Armenian writings in New Julfa used this spelling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naqsh-e_Jahan_Square Eddo or Lucin can translate the definition for you: نقش جهان

Haven't I told you before that simply wishing things on the internet won't make them come true? Mos, I declare all of your childhood toys mine. Henceforth, they belong to me (and to the Government of Iran). I will rename your collection of toy trucks "Greater Iran" and your sister will be named 'Sally.'

Do you actually do anything useful to help Armenia?

Comment

Both Azerbaijan and some Armenians have interesting theories as to the name - ancient Armenian writings in New Julfa used this spelling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naqsh-e_Jahan_Square Eddo or Lucin can translate the definition for you: نقش جهان

Haven't I told you before that simply wishing things on the internet won't make them come true? Mos, I declare all of your childhood toys mine. Henceforth, they belong to me (and to the Government of Iran). I will rename your collection of toy trucks "Greater Iran" and your sister will be named 'Sally.'

What spelling? And what this have to do with Armenian Naxichevan?

Comment

cant u see the VAN suffix? NaxicheVAN, YereVAN, VANadzor, VAN, IjeVAN, SeVAN, StepanaVAN, CharentsaVAN...
                Instead of us claiming northern Iran as Southern Armenia, u r claiming Naxichevan and azergayjan?

Comment

You were the one who was wishing to take back lands, I was just revising your wishes to be more historically accurate. Naxijevan is indeed historically Armenian land, my ancestors actually originate from there, so there's even a person connection to that land, as they were driven out by fascist Turks, and then afterwards the Bolsheviks sealed the deal by allocating that land to the Azeris. Why the hell should that go to Persians?
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

These are Tajik (Persian) women in Afghanistan - as you can see they are civilized and not like the Taliban savages: compare it to the Taliban cutting ears off, burning women alive, and forcing them to wear a giant blue blanket over their faces. The best thing that can happen is for Persian culture to reassert itself in Afghanistan and for the extremist elements to be ousted.
                    I know what your saying and I realise it's the Pakistanis and Saudis, who are largely to blame for the mess that is Afghanistan. Sadly the Tajiks in Afghanistan are seemingly little better than, the Pashtuns and corruption is systemic in Afghanistan society. Afghanistan is basically a feudal society and is in a very bad state after 30 years of war.

Tajikistan is a intresting country. However like the other Central Asia states; it has a very corrupt establishment. The Tajiks in Tajikistan are more geographically isolated and less admixed and differ somewhat from other Persians. It's also worth noting that the Hunnic Uyghur-speaking region of western China is centered around Kashgar to the east of Tajikistan. Consequently the Uyghurs tend to have a far amount of Iranic ancestry.

Comment

I have no theories as to the name, though have heard many.. in my case, considering that both my parents come from the city of Isfahan, we can almost safely assume that our ancestors trace back to Nakhijevan (the Old Julfa) which has been overwhelmingly Armenian.

Comment

Working...
                      X