Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    The fact that Kurdish parties can't get majority in Kurdish majority regions proofs what I've said
    So? and I told you the same happened in Iraq during saddam rule becuase he had money and our parties didn't! and the same can be applied to Turkey, the AKP has money which can be used to bribe and the Kurdish parties don't! the AKP has the army the BDP do not! the AKP has very powerful propaganda machines, the BDP do not! regardless the Kurds there are becoming more and more unified since the last election, and I posted evidence, you'll see in the elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Given that Turks eagerly participated in the Armenian Genocide and betrayed their Armenian neighbours, I don't see how they can be trusted.
      The term "eagerly" is deceitfully used with mal-intent, and as a Kurd I am gravely offended to have my nation accused of genocide. There were two groups of Kurds who participated in the genocide: convicted criminals who were set free, and the Hamidiye-irregulars, who were assimilated into Turkish insanity. Both groups did not massacre Armenians for the benefit of our cause, and did certainly not represent Kurdish nationalism. They can compared to the Kurdish 'village guards' of the 90s, who were appointed by the Turkish government to kill their fellow Kurds. We call these people 'jash', because they have withdrawn themselves from our cause. We include the Hamidiye-irregulars in this category, and therefore it is unjust to hold the Kurds in general responsible for what some jash did. Furthermore, the Kurdish involvement in the genocide is always thrown WAY out of proportion, and I have earlier seen you falsely stating that the Kurds did all the actual slaughtering. Are you saying that the Hamidiye-irregulars were a massive, ultra-flexible force, capable of exterminating 1/1.5 million people in a short period of time? Such a biased statement is revolting, and is characteristic of the racist mentality among many Armenians. It's also an indication of how you've been affected by Turkish propaganda, which tries to put the blame on us, stating that it was a 'local initiative'.

I'd also like to point out that the region where I come from opposed the genocide and gave the Armenians shelter, risking their own lives in doing so. 30000 Armenians were saved in my region, and to see you spreading all that bullxxxx sickens me to the pit of my stomach.
      Of course they will want to be "friends" with us when they want to achieve their own goal
      And the Kurds who do want to reach out to the Armenians are wrong to. We're always spit on by the Armenians, especially the ones on this forum. You portray us as inferior mountain donkeys, not realising all the years of misery we've had to endure. Maybe your blind arrogance, brought on by your pathetic superiority complex, will be of a practical benefit when the opportunity for Northern Kurdish independence comes.
      Kurds in Turkey should understand that they are living in our historic lands
      And what is the Armenian definition of 'historic lands' exactly? It is based on the presence of some churches? Selectively-recorded population maps? The violent conquests of ancient Armenian kingdoms? Hayk's little fairytale? All this nationalistic rubbish is of utmost insignificance in a geopolitical context. You'll have to look at raw material like demographic density, genetics, multiple theories regarding ethnogenesis, etc. According to these peritmeters, it can only be concluded that the Kurds have been living in this area equally as long as the Armenians, and being the direct descendants of the Hurrians, possibly even longer.
      through what means they were able to settle there more.
      The Kurds had already 'settled' in these regions prior to your genocide. It is their indigenous homeland. It's only the 20th century-style birth rate that makes you come to that biased conclusion.

Prior to posting here, I had already been haunting this forum for quite a while. And I am sickened by your narrow-minded, arrogant and patronizing stance towards my nation. Not to mention all these pathetic irredentist goals you pursue, which don't even limit themselves to eastern anatolia. You are a threat to every nation in your vicinity, and I will do my utmost to inform my fellow comrades of your filthy interests, so that you may fall victim to your own arrogance.

Comment

persepolis ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zulfiqar View Post
          The term "eagerly" is deceitfully used with mal-intent, and as a Kurd I am gravely offended to have my nation accused of genocide. There were two groups of Kurds who participated in the genocide: convicted criminals who were set free, and the Hamidiye-irregulars, who were assimilated into Turkish insanity. Both groups did not massacre Armenians for the benefit of our cause, and did certainly not represent Kurdish nationalism. They can compared to the Kurdish 'village guards' of the 90s, who were appointed by the Turkish government to kill their fellow Kurds. We call these people 'jash', because they have withdrawn themselves from our cause. We include the Hamidiye-irregulars in this category, and therefore it is unjust to hold the Kurds in general responsible for what some jash did. Furthermore, the Kurdish involvement in the genocide is always thrown WAY out of proportion, and I have earlier seen you falsely stating that the Kurds did all the actual slaughtering. Are you saying that the Hamidiye-irregulars were a massive, ultra-flexible force, capable of exterminating 1/1.5 million people in a short period of time? Such a biased statement is revolting, and is characteristic of the racist mentality among many Armenians. It's also an indication of how you've been affected by Turkish propaganda, which tries to put the blame on us, stating that it was a 'local initiative'.

I'd also like to point out that the region where I come from opposed the genocide and gave the Armenians shelter, risking their own lives in doing so. 30000 Armenians were saved in my region, and to see you spreading all that bullxxxx sickens me to the pit of my stomach.
          And the Kurds who do want to reach out to the Armenians are wrong to. We're always spit on by the Armenians, especially the ones on this forum. You portray us as inferior mountain donkeys, not realising all the years of misery we've had to endure. Maybe your blind arrogance, brought on by your pathetic superiority complex, will be of a practical benefit when the opportunity for Northern Kurdish independence comes. And what is the Armenian definition of 'historic lands' exactly? It is based on the presence of some churches? Selectively-recorded population maps? The violent conquests of ancient Armenian kingdoms? Hayk's little fairytale? All this nationalistic rubbish is of utmost insignificance in a geopolitical context. You'll have to look at raw material like demographic density, genetics, multiple theories regarding ethnogenesis, etc. According to these peritmeters, it can only be concluded that the Kurds have been living in this area equally as long as the Armenians, and being the direct descendants of the Hurrians, possibly even longer.
          The Kurds had already 'settled' in these regions prior to your genocide. It is their indigenous homeland. It's only the 20th century-style birth rate that makes you come to that biased conclusion.

Prior to posting here, I had already been haunting this forum for quite a while. And I am sickened by your narrow-minded, arrogant and patronizing stance towards my nation. Not to mention all these pathetic irredentist goals you pursue, which don't even limit themselves to eastern anatolia. You are a threat to every nation in your vicinity, and I will do my utmost to inform my fellow comrades of your filthy interests, so that you may fall victim to your own arrogance.
          Cry me a river. What do you expect? With the role that your people played in oppressing Armenians even before the genocide, the huge role that they played during the genocide. A lot of the killing was done by Kurdish tribes man payed by the government in
          Constantinople. Add to everything the fact that the Kurds living in Armenia chose the Azeris side and fought against Armenians in the Artsakh war, so you reap what you sow.

Comment

Cry me a river. What do you expect? With the role that your people played in oppressing Armenians even before the genocide, the huge role that they played during the genocide. A lot of the killing was done by Kurdish tribes man payed by the government in
            Constantinople. Add to everything the fact that the Kurds living in Armenia chose the Azeris side and fought against Armenians in the Artsakh war, so you reap what you sow.
            That is not a valid refutation of my post. I sufficiently explained the Kurdish involvement in your genocide, but you seem to resort to sophism again.

Although I oppose it, the Kurds during the Ottoman era had a good reason to oppress the Armenians. Prior to the Turkic migrations, as part of the crusades against muslims, the Armenian population repeatedly collaborated with the Byzantine empire to slaughter and uproot the entire muslim population of eastern anatolia, which was almost entirely Kurdish. The Armenians and the Greeks succeeded in uprooting the ancient Kurdish inhabitants of Cilicia, Cappadocia and to some extent, Pontus. All this was done in the name of Christianity, and as a response, the Kurds resorted to religious fanaticism themselves. That's why we subsequently sided with the recently-converted muslim Turks following their migration, and this religious-based friendship with Turks would root itself deep in Kurdish culture. Altough there's nothing left of that today of course, and I think that's probably for the best.

As for collaboration with the Azeris; although that's a total lie, I wouldn't blame them for doing that. You started destroying our community in the Caucasus, out of an irrational phobia for muslims on your "holy land".

Comment

Originally posted by Zulfiqar View Post
              I doesn't matter how much you try to soften it. Fact remains fact that the Kurds which lived amongst Armenians participated heavily in the killings and genocide. How can we forget how we were betrayed by our Kurdish neighbours, who killed for some blood money? Sorry but this is not something that can be easily forgotten and it shouldn't. This is not racist or propaganda, these are facts that we shouldn't forget. Should we just forgive the Turks for Genocide and move on with our lives? Of course not!

There were similarly Turks who helped Armenians and didn't kill them - but a few good apples doesn't justify all the bad apples.

And the Kurds who do want to reach out to the Armenians are wrong to. We're always spit on by the Armenians, especially the ones on this forum. You portray us as inferior mountain donkeys, not realising all the years of misery we've had to endure. Maybe your blind arrogance, brought on by your pathetic superiority complex, will be of a practical benefit when the opportunity for Northern Kurdish independence comes.
              It's more a reminding ourselves that Kurds killed Armenians for some Turkish blood money, which is pretty low, and people now living in our historic lands.

And what is the Armenian definition of 'historic lands' exactly? It is based on the presence of some churches? Selectively-recorded population maps? The violent conquests of ancient Armenian kingdoms? Hayk's little fairytale? All this nationalistic rubbish is of utmost insignificance in a geopolitical context. You'll have to look at raw material like demographic density, genetics, multiple theories regarding ethnogenesis, etc. According to these peritmeters, it can only be concluded that the Kurds have been living in this area equally as long as the Armenians, and being the direct descendants of the Hurrians, possibly even longer.
              The 'Armenian Highland' which consists of portions of Eastern Turkey is the ancestral land of Armenians. Some of our most important cities like Ani our located there, Lake Van is historically important Armenian lake. There's no denying this fact, nevertheless, the Turks drove Armenians out and repopulated the lands with more Turks and Kurds, and often deny Armenian connection to those lands.

So? Armenians have been living there for ages, these lands and the lands of Eastern Armenia of S. Caucasus are where we have come from, where we have lived for a people as long as we were Armenians.

I'm sorry that I don't bow down to Turkish interests.
              Last edited by Mos; 06-05-2011, 06:56 AM.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
                The same applies to Turkey: Members of Turkey's MHP resign, join pro-Kurdish party (http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...rty-2011-05-23)
                MHP in Başkale! Like seeing penguins in a desert.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Why would the US dump an ally that it has had for the last 60 years? A member of NATO and one of the strongest militaries in the region? Or do you think that the policy makers in Washington are that stupid to change a stable ally that they have had for for 6 decades for new ally that they don't know if they can trust them.
                  When you go through puberty and start understaning the world around you and the changes taking place, then you will be able to answer the "why" to all your questions. Until then, observe from a distance and learn, and ask questions if you don't understand something. Don't make firm statements of fact out of your a$$ when you don't know Sheet.

The United States has quietly deemed Turkey an unreliable ally, government documents show. State Department cables acquired by the international organization WikiLeaks asserted that Washington was harboring increasing concern over the pro-Islamist government of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan. The cables, some of about 250,000 acquired and released by WikiLeaks, showed deep U.S. suspicion of Turkey's emerging alliance with neighboring Iran and Syria.

HERE IS A RECORD OF HOW "RELIABLE" AN ALLY TURKEY HAS BEEN OVER THE YEARS:

Turkey: Ally or Adversary?April 20, 2011
                  By GENE ROSSIDES

Is Turkey an ally or adversary of the United States and the West?

Since the Erdogan regime took office in Turkey in 2002, the evidence is sufficient to state that Turkey has been an adversary of the United States and the West.

From the refusal in 2003 to allow the United States to open a second front against Saddam Hussein’s dictatorship in Iraq by asking for $6 billion more than the $26 billion irresponsibly offered by then-Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz to Turkey, an alleged ally, to support the United States. The US Treasury representative in those negotiations was quoted in the New York Times as calling Turkey’s actions “extortion in the name of alliance.”

Turkey’s actions in 2003 made efforts against Saddam Hussein more difficult and more costly in US lives, according to Defense Department officials.

Turkey then embarked on a pro-Iran policy in direct opposition to US positions. Turkey’s pro-Iran positions, including opposition to Iranian opponents of Iran’s religious dictatorship, continue currently unabated.

Turkey’s Erdogan regime, influenced greatly by its Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, also embarked on an anti-Israeli policy. In 2004, at the Davos annual conference Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan publicly attacked Israel President Simon Perez for Israel’s Palestinian policy.

Erdogan’s attacks on Israel continued since then and Turkey initiated a flotilla that tried to break the Israeli blockade which resulted in Israel ships attacking the Turkish flotilla ship.

One important result of Erdogan’s anti-Israel actions was the demise of the Turkey-Israel military cooperation agreement arranged in 1996 by an initiative of Leon Fuerth, national security adviser to then-Vice President Al Gore.

That agreement, in my view, was harmful to US interests in the area. Its ending has provided for the development of a strengthened Greece-Israel relationship, which is beneficial to US interests in the region.

Also during this period, Erdogan has praised the Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who had been indicted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide in Darfur. Erdogan praised him and actually stated that the Sudanese president was a fellow Muslim and a Muslim does not commit genocide.

Pre-2003

United States officials have routinely stated before 2002 that Turkey was a loyal ally of the United States. That assertion was and is an absolute falsehood. Any time a US official so states the community should react and protest it. Let’s look at the record of Turkey’s actions and inactions before 2002 and since the Truman Doctrine of aid to Greece and Turkey in March 1947, the initiation of the Marshall Plan in June 1947, and in 1952 when Greece and Turkey became members of NATO.

Turkey’s actions and inactions over the decades before 2002 demonstrate that she was an unreliable ally. The facts clearly show that Turkey collaborated with the Soviet Union militarily during the Cold War, which ended in 1991, to the detriment of the West.

As long ago as 1974, Edward Luttwak, a noted strategic analyst, in his book “The Political Uses of Sea Power” (1974) wrote (pages 60-61) that Turkey had made deals with the USSR, allowing the Soviets strategic transit through and over Turkey that included the “overland traffic agreement (unimpeded Russian transit to Iraq and Syria by road), the generous Turkish interpretation of the Montreux Convention, which regulates ship movements in the Straits, and above all, the overflight permissions accorded to Russian civilian and military aircraft across Turkish air space.”

Examples of Turkey’s unreliability for United States strategic purposes include:

• In the 1977-1978 conflict in Ethiopia, Turkey granted the Soviets military overflight rights to supply the pro-Soviet Ethiopian communists under Col. Mengistu, who eventually prevailed. C. Meyer, Facing Reality-From World Federalism To The CIA 276-80 (1980).

• Over NATO objections, Turkey has allowed three Soviet aircraft carriers, passage rights through the Bosporus and Dardanelles straits into the Mediterranean in violation of the Montreux Convention of 1936. The Soviet ships posed a formidable threat to the United States Sixth Fleet.

• In 1979 Turkey refused to allow the United States U-2 intelligence flights (for Salt II verification) over Turkish airspace “unless Moscow agreed.” N.Y. Times, May 15, 1979, at A1, col.3.

• The Turkish government refused repeated American requests during the cold war for the installation of antennas in Turkey concerning 11 transmitters whose broadcasts would have been directed primarily to the Soviet Union and its eastern European satellites.

• Turkey further damaged NATO by vetoing NATO’s effort to put military bases on various Greek islands in the Aegean for defensive purposes against the Soviet navy.

Any time an American official, or anyone else, states Turkey is a loyal ally of the U.S., Greek Americans should respond with the facts that demonstrate Turkey has been a disloyal ally to the detriment of the US, in effect, an adversary.

Gene Rossides is founder of the American Hellenic Institute and a former assistant secretary of the Treasury.

An independent Kurdistan will be in Northern-Iraq because Turkey will never give up an inch of land and the US will not go to war with its own ally. Or do you think the Kurds will have the power to take on the Turkish army?
                  IDIOT, IN THE FIRST PLACE, it is you who is talking about Kurds laying claims to Western Armenia (ie TUrkey). Therefore, you ask yourselves those questions, not me.

Second, the founding of Kurdish state in northern iraq on Turkey's doorstep can serve as another enemy state to Turkey, as a base for future expansion (taking out chunks of Turkey), in which we can partake to settle our own issues.

No, I don't think the Kurds will have the power to take the Turks, and neither does Armenia. That is why I support Kurdish statehood, because we need a united front against those bastard Turks.

Stop acting "smart" with your stupid questions when u already read my posts regarding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    I doesn't matter how much you try to soften it. Fact remains fact that the Kurds which lived amongst Armenians participated heavily in the killings and genocide. How can we forget how we were betrayed by our Kurdish neighbours, who killed for some blood money? Sorry but this is not something that can be easily forgotten and it shouldn't. This is not racist or propaganda, these are facts that we shouldn't forget. Should we just forgive the Turks for Genocide and move on with our lives? Of course not! There were similarly Turks who helped Armenians and didn't kill them - but a few good apples doesn't justify all the bad apples.
                    It doesn't matter whether they helped them or not. What matters is what our national intentions were, and the requirement for such intentions is that they are supported by the majority of the Kurds. These Hamidiye-irregulars did not belong to the Kurdish nationalist curriculum, and acted solely for the Turks. In this context, the term 'Kurd' should only be used to designate their ethnicity, and is should not be handled in a manner as if they represented the Kurdish nation. The fact that some Kurds gave them shelter supports this, so due to the heavy ideological fragmentation of the time, it is unjust to hold the present-day Kurds responsible for these atrocities. We owe you nothing.

It's more a reminding ourselves that Kurds killed Armenians for some Turkish blood money, which is pretty low, and people now living in our historic lands.
                    It's our historic land too. If your nationalist perception of history is a reason to ridicule my nation, then you are a condemnable person.

The 'Armenian Highland' which consists of portions of Eastern Turkey is the ancestral land of Armenians. Some of our most important cities like Ani our located there, Lake Van is historically important Armenian lake. There's no denying this fact, nevertheless, the Turks drove Armenians out and repopulated the lands with more Turks and Kurds, and often deny Armenian connection to those lands.
                    Facts? Let me get some 'facts' straight. You migrated to this region from the north-Caucasus around 700 BC, after which you assimilated the Urartians, who were living in Pontus and the southern Caucasus. As opposed to complete extinguishment of the Urartians by the Armenians, the Hurrians, who were living in most of what you refer to as 'western Armenia', gradually evolved into Kurds throughout Iranic interposition that occured around the same time. Considering that the Armenians posess an Urartian, and not Hurrian substratum, it is plausible that the Urartu kingdom(which you idolize so much) was established through violence and brutal extermination, because it annexed Hurrian lands. From a Kurdish perspective, this does not justify Armenian claim over eastern anatolia. The 'Armenian Highland' is just a designation of the region by pro-Armenian(western) entities.

So? Armenians have been living there for ages, these lands and the lands of Eastern Armenia of S. Caucasus are where we have come from, where we have lived for a people as long as we were Armenians.
                    No, what you define as your 'ancestral land' was heavily fragmented prior to the genocide, and it's difficult to determine Armenia's boundairies. But surely overlapped ancient Kurdish land, and any self-proclaimed Kurdish nationalist will hasten to keep you out.

I'm sorry that I don't bow down to Turkish interests.
                    Very funny. It's still sad that you arrogantly keep underestimating the importance that Northern Kurdistan has for us, and the level of intellectuality we'll enhance it with.
                    Last edited by Zulfiqar; 06-05-2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Now, Armenians and Kurds fighting and arguing with eachother. Who wins? The TURKS!!! And you guys expect to bring down the Turkish Republic like that, huh? good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X