Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

The Armenians in Armenia cannot do this by themselves .
    It's time we Armenian diaspora start flexing our muscule NOT as representatives of some other country's agenda but in a --- coordinated --- way for our people in Armenia .
    THEY are all WE have left .
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      The Armenians in Armenia cannot do this by themselves .
      It's time we Armenian diaspora start flexing our muscule NOT as representatives of some other country's agenda but in a --- coordinated --- way for our people in Armenia .
      THEY are all WE have left .
      Artashes
      Oh , did I forget to say --- THEY are the ones doing the FIGHTING .
      Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        Since everybody seems to know the oligarch problem and the ruling party are in bed --- why don't we bluntly tell Serj we support him but not the oligarch buddy buddy suck system ?
        We can talk amongst ourselves and clearly define many glaringly blatant idiocys ( Londontsi's clear inumerated post from above ) as one example . Vrej's clear posts etc.
        If the LA crowd can run their mouth in public so can we .
        Make it clear to Serj why we support him and make it CLEAR to Serg were we don't support him and why .
        Artashes
        Cannot understand how somebody can like Serj but does not like the Oligarchic system.

The survival of both the oligarchs and Serj are mutually dependent.

That was the condition for inheriting power from Kocharyan who institutionalised the oligarchic system.
        Kocharyan also is a big beneficiary of this setup.
        For Kocharyan the correct transfer of power was a matter of "life and death", that is why he used the gun.

Serj will have ( has ) a similar dilemma, he must not loose power.

Sadly because of this we will have a weak Presidency.
        Armenia will have a poor image abroad.
        Emigration will continue.
        Dubious business deals will be common as we have seen to raise cash.
        The burden of national debt will remain if not increase.
        etc. etc.

This at a time of military/political emergency.

Despite Azerbaijan being one of the most corrupt countries is gaining ground with its caviar diplomacy.

First Hungary and now the Czech Republic.

Czech Chamber of Deputies Foreign Relations Committee recognizes Khojaly genocide

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

It is naive of you to think that the oligarchy system can change via election process. Again just look at the elections in the USA and how the people never get a good politition to choose - they just get 2 and both of those guys are completely bought out by the special interest oligarchy. I keep telling you this is a capitalist problem yet you keep thinking Redneck Raffi would make it all better. To be honest if given the choice of having the armenian oligarchs or the american oligarchs-i would choose the armenian olis. The election process is rigged just like it is here in the USA. The people cannot elect a candidate because in a capitalist democracy the power is taken away from people and consentrated in the hands of the very few. What you endup with is facism with a facade of democracy. Armenia is very much like the USA now and the people are just starting to realize that maybe that is not a good thing. Redneck Raffi would make things worst because what is worst then the armenian oligarchs running the country is american oligarchs running it instead.
          Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          Cannot understand how somebody can like Serj but does not like the Oligarchic system.

The survival of both the oligarchs and Serj are mutually dependent.

That was the condition for inheriting power from Kocharyan who institutionalised the oligarchic system.
          Kocharyan also is a big beneficiary of this setup.
          For Kocharyan the correct transfer of power was a matter of "life and death", that is why he used the gun.

Serj will have ( has ) a similar dilemma, he must not loose power.

Sadly because of this we will have a weak Presidency.
          Armenia will have a poor image abroad.
          Emigration will continue.
          Dubious business deals will be common as we have seen to raise cash.
          The burden of national debt will remain if not increase.
          etc. etc.

This at a time of military/political emergency.

Despite Azerbaijan being one of the most corrupt countries is gaining ground with its caviar diplomacy.

Czech Chamber of Deputies Foreign Relations Committee recognizes Khojaly genocide

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Thats a lie azeris r spreading, the Czechs did not accept that lie

Comment

Սերժ Սարգսյանը "ոչ" է ասել Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանի բոլոր առաջարկներին. նա գնում է "բարեւի հեղափոխության" վիդեո
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6LEycP-wle0#!
              22/02
              Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանն ի վերջո այսօրվա հանրահավաքում ներկայացրեց երեկ նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի հետ հանդիպման մանրամասները։
              Նա նախագահին առաջարկել է նոր ընտրություններ, սակայն առաջարկը մերժվել է։ Հովհաննիսյանի բոլոր առաջարկները մերժվել են։ Դրանք նա այսօր ներկայացրեց կետ առ կետ։
              "Ես նրան ասացի՝ ճանաչի՛ր ժողովրդի հաղթանակը, պատասխանը՝ ո՛չ։ Շամպայն խմելու փոխարեն նոր ընտրություն կազմակերպի՛ր, պատասխանը՝ ո՛չ",- ասաց նա։
              Ի վերջո Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանն ամբողջությամբ համամասնական ընտրակարգով ԱԺ նոր ընտրություններ կազմակերպելու առաջարկ է ներկայացրել, սակայն նույնպես մերժում է ստացել։
              "Ժառանգության" առաջնորդն այս դեպքում արդեն, իր իսկ խոսքով, "սահմանադրական ջրբաժանը" հաղթահարելու համար ասել է "վերջին խոսքը"՝ պատժել բոլոր ընտրակեղծարարներին՝ մարզեպ, շտաբի պետ, հրամանատար, նախարարներ, պատգամավորներ, ովքեր ճնշել են ժողովրդին եւ կեղծել ընտրությունները։ Նա նաեւ վստահեցրել է ու հրապարակում էլ հավաստիացրեց, որ շարունակելու է մնալ ու լինել ժողովրդի կողքին եւ պայքարն առաջ է տանելու։
              Իր ելույթում Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանն անուղղակիորեն ակնարկ արեց, որ ինքն ակնկալում է իշխանությունից՝ զինվորները պետք է պահպանեն սահմանը եւ դուրս չգան ժողովրդի դեմ, նույնը նաեւ՝ ոստիկանության պարագայում, ովքեր պետք է պահպանեն օրինականությունն ու ժողովրդի անվտանգությունը։
              Իսկ առաջիկայում պայքարը շարունակելու առումով Հովհաննիսյանը տեղեկացրեց, որ պատրաստվում են հաղթանակը տանել "հաղթանակների բոլոր քաղաքներ եւ գյուղեր", որտեղ ինքն առավելագույն քվե է ստացել։
              Այսպիսով՝ վաղը, ժամը 12.00-ին նա հավաք կանցկացնի Աշտարակ քաղաքում, 14:30-ին՝ Վանաձորում, 17։00-ին՝ Գյումրիում։ Իսկ կիրակի օրը հանրահավաք կգումարվի Երեւանում, "Ազատության" հրապարակում, ժամը 15.00-ին։
              Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանը հանրահավաքի մասնակիցներին կոչ արեց "բարեւի հեղափոխության" տրամաբանությամբ, անցնել Երեւանի կենտրոնի փողոցներով եւ վերադառնալ "Ազատության" հրապարակ։ Ժողովուրդը նրա հետ դուրս եկավ ինքնաբուխ երթի, որն այժմ ընթացքի մեջ է։

Last edited by Vrej1915; 02-22-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

imagine the amounts invested....
                in just a small town, 800.000 USD...

Comment

Nobody is proving to be better then Serj! The other clowns are just that clowns. Serj is the best we have at the moment why can't we just support the man? Having foreign money and outside pressures making clowns of the competition this you can all plainly see. In Giant American when the elections are over the people band around the prez until the next voting cycle. Why can't you guys understand simple things? We go on and on about the Government yet no one has anything better then Serj. In fact everyone else to my eyes is not only worse but dangerous. In fact we have an idiot who has less votes then Serj demanding the authorities hand over the presidency to him. All the outside monitors confirm it is Serj that has won, everyone knew this weeks in advance, the people want Serj! The people voted and got who they wanted, and Raffi if it was not so sad I would be laughing my arse off right about now. You must be kidding!

You have the Fed printing trillions of dollars and stuffing it in the pockets of bankers. Any profit goes to the big boys, any debt they have on the books gets picked up by the taxpayer. This is the reality in America, there is vested money interests all over the world, this is capitalism at it's finest and Armenia sadly is no exception to the rule. what portion of reality are some of you folks missing?
                  Last edited by Vahram; 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                    Yes I don't think its right to say Raffi clearly got a majority of the vote. If anything you could have replaced Raffi with almost anyone else, and results would have been identical; meaning this wasn't a vote for Rafi, as much as a vote against the ruling party, and vote for the rest of the field.

However, having said, I think its laughable to think anywhere near 58% of the country supports the ruling party. I think it is safe to say that Serj didn't get the majority. honestly, the graphic tomservo posted is dead on, because its difficult to find anyone in Armenia who supports the ruling party. Maybe 10-20% of the politically connected, but as far as regular citizens, I never found one person who said yes I support Serj.
                    As far as pre-election polling: for one, many of them were done way before the election, and even then there was a trend of serj's vote total decreasing and Raffi's increasing. Also, they were done by very obscure organizations. Furthermore, many disenchanted people could have simply chose not to respond, which would favor Serj supporters only responding. Moreover, I'm sure they wouldn't be difficult to manipulate considering the organizations that conducted them ( As Rafi put it Sood Gallup ). Finally, its not surprising that Serj would get a majority of them, even if they were fair, because they were done early on, when besides Serj, most of the field was unrecognizable.

Anyway, I don't think Raffi has any sort of a mandate, because he was simply the only alternative left and its hard to definitively claim he got majority of the vote. Having said that, I definitely don't think the election was representative of what the people of that country think.
                    Mher djan,

I am replying to the part I have bolded above.
                    You can hear me talk against Serj all day, but, at the end of the day I would have voted for Serj because I believe he is much better than any of the clowns like Raffi or Barouyr. A lot of people that I know in Armenia have been talking against Serj for years, but I know they voted for him because they don't trust the others at all.
                    Talking against the governemnt seems to be our national sport, the "manly" thing to do.

As for the bad looser Raffi, he is working hard to weaken the government, destabilize the country and make the population negative. His actions will lead into more emigration out of Armenia. Sultan Aliyev could not thank him enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vahram;340322]Nobody is proving to be better then Serj! The other clowns are just that clowns. Serj is the best we have at the moment why can't we just support the man? Having foreign money and outside pressures making clowns of the competition this you can all plainly see. In Giant American when the elections are over the people band around the prez until the next voting cycle. Why can't you guys understand simple things? We go on and on about the Government yet no one has anything better then Serj. In fact everyone else to my eyes is not only worse but dangerous. In fact we have an idiot who has less votes then Serj demanding the authorities hand over the presidency to him. All the outside monitors confirm it is Serj that has won, everyone knew this weeks in advance, the people want Serj! The people voted and got who they wanted, and Raffi if it was not so sad I would be laughing my arse off right about now. You must be kidding!

I holeheartedly agree with you. But still, we have to admit that Raffi is bringing something new to Armenia's political phsicho. 2 days ago I was alarmed by his actions. Thought that he wants to repeat 2008. But now I see him carrying out opposition in a new way, with respect to president and government. Before now, all opposing politics was carried out with dirtiest and lowest cuttroath manners and disrespect to public and government. Now there is an alternative to bitter and hatred full defeat, that is being introduced. Dignified opposition. Sort of it feels like Serj and Raffy have started a dance of ruller and opposition together in a new, more sensible and open way.
                      If all goes like this, it maybe possible for Raffi's opposition to help or force Serj to initiate further changes in govenment and minimise influence of oligarkhy.
                      It maybe sayd that Serj's reforms sometimes have been stuck because of oligarkhs whom he relied for his power.
                      Opposition did not truly have public support either because it's member's did not project better images then oligarkhs. It could not be sayd if public gathered around HAK more because of support for LTP or hatred for rulling coalition.
                      Now, enjoying more public support, Serj can distance himself from oligarkhs, and open to less radical opposition's ideas who also has public support capital. It is easier for a president to interact with an opposition whose main objective is not just to simply replace government and get power and controll, but the reforms themselfs.

Comment

Working...
                      X