Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    You so easily forget that Armenians were taken in by muslim countries after the genocide and given a chance not to just survive but prosper. Countries like Syria, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanan... are all majority muslim countries who took the survivors of the genocide and gave us a chance to rebuild and live. You are being very closed minded regarding muslims but i hope for your sake that you are young and still have time to learn vs prejudge.
    we've never flooded their countries and have stayed in our own communities in these muslim countries. Armenians in their countries have been respectful. What Muslims in Armenia is doing is much different. Many of them are men, who come to Armenia to take advantage of many things. They are not intending on contributing to our country, maybe pay a the club or pay for women.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      we've never flooded their countries and have stayed in our own communities in these muslim countries. Armenians in their countries have been respectful. What Muslims in Armenia is doing is much different. Many of them are men, who come to Armenia to take advantage of many things. They are not intending on contributing to our country, maybe pay a the club or pay for women.
      Intended or not, they are contributing! Don't look at them all in the same light, they are not all the same. Many of them will love our country and return on a regular bases and perhaps even relocate there permanently, get married, settle down, become part of us. They are people like us, how do you think the russians look upon armenian men who go there and use their women? So you see, we are not that different. What goes around, comes around so be good to others and maybe they will be good to you in return.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Intended or not, they are contributing! Don't look at them all in the same light, they are not all the same. Many of them will love our country and return on a regular bases and perhaps even relocate there permanently, get married, settle down, become part of us. They are people like us, how do you think the russians look upon armenian men who go there and use their women? So you see, we are not that different. What goes around, comes around so be good to others and maybe they will be good to you in return.
        I don't want them to become part of us? No we are not the same, we have many differences, the biggest one being religion. Also, many of those Iranians are really ethnic Azeris. What were doing is then letting Turks become part of us and live around us in our own country.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
          Oh my God, you people are racist don't you? I agree that whatever girl that marries whatever man for money and a "better status" is a xxxxx, but did you really had to say exclusively "Muslim man"? What if she finds a Christian pimp? Then it is OK? This has to do with morals and dignity, not with ethnicity or religion.

You people are so wrong, you have wrong conceptions and to me it seems like you are very close-minded. You generalize people just because of their religion, yes Turks, Kurds, Azeries are Muslims, but that doesn't mean every Muslim person thinks the same way. Muslim Turks are not the same as the Muslim Arabs or Persians, it doesn't even write the same way. Whoever generalizing is being unfair and acts unwisely, not every Christian is a good person, and not every Muslim is a good person.
          This is strictly a matter of cultural and ethnic survival. It isn't racist to realize Armenia can't sustain itself if it doesn't have Armenian people or people of a similar culture who are willing to fully assimilate. It doesn't matter if they're good people or not, the fact is they're not Armenian and they're not of Christian/xxxish/Atheist culture who are willing to assimilate. These Persian fathers are going to try as hard as possible to make sure their babies grow up Muslim, do you want half Armenian Muslims running around the world? Islam is an infectious disease that can do nothing but harm and I don't wish it upon any nation.

I think it's best if Muslims stay as far away as possible from Armenia.
          Last edited by Muhaha; 12-04-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
            Very true, aper.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

"I think it's best if Muslims stay as far away as possible from Armenia."
              That is a naive way of looking at things. Wether we like it or not Armenia is almost surrounded by muslims, and pretending they are not there is childish. If youy treat people with respect instead of contempt then you will get the like treatment from them, regardless of their religion or ethnicity. Armenians have been dealing with muslims since that religion was invented and it has not all been about war as many here think. You need to deal with reality, pretending it is not there will set you up for a nasty reality chek later.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

"I think it's best if Muslims stay as far away as possible from Armenia."
                That is a naive way of looking at things. Wether we like it or not Armenia is almost surrounded by muslims, and pretending they are not there is childish. If youy treat people with respect instead of contempt then you will get the like treatment from them, regardless of their religion or ethnicity. Armenians have been dealing with muslims since that religion was invented and it has not all been about war as many here think. You need to deal with reality, pretending it is not there will set you up for a nasty reality chek later.
                Same does Georgia, but they are able contain the ethnic groups. Azeris live with Azeris there and don't set out to assimilate into Georgian society. This way is different and better than what Persians are doing in Yerevan.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Armenians and Iranians are the closest related people. the Georgians and turcks are not, thus the situation you describe is very normal.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenians and Iranians are the closest related people. the Georgians and turcks are not, thus the situation you describe is very normal.
                    Armenians are more related to Georgians. We've been neighbored for ages, we've united against muslim invaders and inter married frequently with Georgians.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

This is strictly a matter of cultural and ethnic survival. It isn't racist to realize Armenia can't sustain itself if it doesn't have Armenian people or people of a similar culture who are willing to fully assimilate. It doesn't matter if they're good people or not, the fact is they're not Armenian and they're not of Christian/xxxish/Atheist culture who are willing to assimilate. These Persian fathers are going to try as hard as possible to make sure their babies grow up Muslim, do you want half Armenian Muslims running around the world? Islam is an infectious disease that can do nothing but harm and I don't wish it upon any nation.
                      You my friend are racist and very, very naive. I don't give a damn if my children grow up whatever religion or whatever nationality...I would prefer them to grow as decent human beings, who accept people's differences and are sensible and tolerant towards other's beliefs.

Most people come to that naive conclusions just because of what they've seen on television, have you ever talked to a Muslim? Have you ever been met a Muslim? I find funny how we can always talk about respect to human rights and to stop racism and hate that have done our people so much harm, and then you find the same words of hate and racism in our own people's mouths...nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X