Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
    we better try to increase our population rather than cry about "Outlanders" as i said Tehran have more citizens than whole armenia and there are like 700,000 armenians in iran.but they dont care cause there is no way that armenians can match iranian population in iran. we must increase our population so we dont need to worry about these things

but i dont say we should'nt worry about our culture.we must protect it.and even force our culture in iran
    plus we have a real close culture with iran the only big difference is the religion.food and falling in love and many things are same as it is in Armenia

and if you gonna count historical battles between armenians and iranians then you must also count historical RELATIONS.the relation between koroush the great and Tigran the great(B.C years).the parthian empire(B.C name of persian empire) helped greater armenia to beat all of its enemys and create an empire in caucasus.thus we also had a shared religion named "mihr" for many years.the wars between armenians and persians stared from changing our religion to christinanity and eventually theirs to islam.
    all that i say is we must increase our population rather than worry about iranians who migrate to armenia

Edit:and i found out something interesting.you know iran had an Male Lion in their flag before the islamic republic and the lion in armenia's coat of arms is female.Persrian empire and Greater armenia were King and Queen in BC years
    Look we have many differences from the Persians. If it wasn't for the Genocide Armenians wouldn't live there. If Armenians had a choice they would have lived in more developed places like France.

You want to increase Armenian population with Persians? Are you out of your mind? Look I've had a fair amount of contact with Persians in Yerevan, they aren't very pleasant people, all they look for is fun and making trouble. And it's very easy to tell which people are Persian and which aren't, I'll tell you that.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

dont misunderstand me! I say we should have like 20 million armenian citizens in armenia so having some persians will be no problem

Comment

dont misunderstand me! I say we should have like 20 million armenian citizens in armenia so having some persians will be no problem
        yes it will have problem because they will multiply very fast in Armenia and make it a Muslim country very quickly.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Muslims Multiply very fast everywhere.whole world is injured by this fact.while big countrys like germany cannot do anything about it how armenia can?if we close our border to them then we will ruin our economical relation with iran so we cant do that

i dont like persians or anything but you must accept the facts.armenia cant do anything about that for now cause as you can see armenia's government is begging iran for its support

we must blame our government for that.and in my opinion we will vanquish if we at least dont have 1 strong friend country in middle east
          Last edited by Parskahay; 02-01-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Muslims Multiply very fast everywhere.whole world is injured by this fact.while big countrys like germany cannot do anything about it how can armenia can?if we close our border to them then we will ruin our economical relation with iran so we cant do that

i dont like persians or anything but you must accept the facts.armenia cant do anything about that for now cause as you can see armenia's government is begging iran for its support

we must blame our government for that.and in my opinion we will vanquish if we at least dont have 1 strong friend country in middle east
            Iran gives us has yes, we have good economic relations with Iran, but we should only be economic partners with Iran nothing more. Once we have enough economic independence than we can close border with Iran to keep those Iranians out.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

....Armenia's coat of arms is female...
              Armenian Coat of Arms:

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

im not sure but maybe persian empires lion is female but i read it on a history book.one of them is female and one of them is male.anyone have irans flag in 30 years before the islamic republic?

Comment

Parskahay, nobody disagrees with you that Iran is a very important economic and political partner of Armenia. We as Armenians, have always showed respect for Iran and have never been hostile too it.

But please do not compare our culture with the Iranian culture. We have very different norms and values. I am not against Iranian students, professors, companies or normal Iranian families who visit Armenia to experience our culture.

I just say do not talk of Iranians like they are holy. The real Persian culture in general has been destructed. The Iranian culture has been affected by Islamic values in every aspect.

Ofcourse we have to try to increase our population, or to improve our economy, but this does not mean Iranians should take a part in this.

Their culture is poisonous and we must not let them (because they had a bad experience in their country) to come to our country and act like freaks.

Even Armenians in Iran (in the past) have always kept a distance from Iranians, because we know how they really are. We never had Iranian friends, we never let Iranians come to our neighbourhoods, we just did business with them.

Parsiknerin pti iranc texe cujc tas. Te che kentani gdarnan.

Comment

im not sure but maybe persian empires lion is female but i read it on a history book.one of them is female and one of them is male.anyone have irans flag in 30 years before the islamic republic?
                    The Lion is Hurro-Urartian, it's from when Hayk rode on Lion's back as he was depicted back then, also his bow and arrow are visible. In addition the eagle is the Aryan symbol of Armenia, Aryans same as Native Americans saw the Eagle has a sacred image and used it often for their people.

Comment

And Armenia stands today because of men like Andranik who refused to let the Turks capture Armenian cities and fought harder than ever before, however the Persians have nothing to do with the Genocide, the Persian community started since the 1600 due to the Safavid Empire when the Shah started a policy moving the Armenians away from bordering Ottoman areas,some say it was for economic reasions, another theoy put across by Persians scholars is he was trying to protect Armenians from Turkic raids, both are plausible.

I disagree with Mos as the thing is that Armenia and Iran have ancient Pre Christian and Islamic ties, it would sever ancient bonds of trust and culture to completely close off the border with Iran, and Western Christians haven't really given that much for Armenia, look at Germany they helped the damn Turks in the first place, so it's maybe not a good idea to see it in a religious sense but more what would benefit the nation and the region in the long run

Comment

Working...
                      X