Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurds are enemy or friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kurds are enemy or friend?

If I was a Kurd I would support AG because that can lead to recognitions of Kurdish sufferings by the Turks. Kurdish leadership cannot be trusted and any (officially or unofficially) help to the Kurdish movement will be seen and used by the Turkish government against Armenia as a supporter and even as a country that harbors PKK "terrorist" giving them possible justification for action.

With that said..............as a Ozzy friend once told me "howabout you Armenians Greeks and Kurds get together as a single force kick the XXXX Turkey".
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of a deal.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I know that Kurds were talked into and used by the Turkish government. They looted, killed and stole from Armenians in 1915. But today their Assembly that is outside Turkey has recognized the AG. Among Kurds there are good ones and bad ones. The bad ones, they even harm their own kind as they are still bought by the Turkish government. I spoke with a Kurdish family man recently who said that they are constantly afraid of their lives. He said that if Turkey doesn't kill them, then they don't let them teach Kurdish to their children in schools. That they live in fright every day of their lives in Diarbekir "Dikranagerd" area. He apologized to me and others several times for what his anscestors had done to our nation. He suggested that it would be good if we can get-to-gether to join forces, that is; the Kurds, the Armenians and the Greeks against Turkey.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about it; but looking back to our generals and writers; even they suggested and didn't shy away from dialogue with our enemies. At the moment; the majority of Kurds are pretty much terrorized like the Armenians were in 1915. The population; children, women and civilian men are living in not very desirable conditions in Turkey. I even told this Kurdish man that Western Armenia (that is the Highlands) are Armenian lands and that the Kurds don't belong there. I said your people even if you get your freedom, you belong only in the southern part of Turkey and northern Iraq; that is down in the Mesopotamian soil; not Armenia, and he agreed. There are about 20 million Kurds in Turkey and they are sitting right in the throats of Turkey.

I don't like Turks, Kurds or Iranians going en masse to Armenia or Artsakh; because they are Musilims and they do end up having so many children per family; while Armenians are civilized and they usually have no more than say about 2-3 children per family. I don't wish these people to go to Armenia and Artsakh and start getting married with our boys and girls, especially that Armenia and Artsakh are small lands and we are not more than 3 million in our Republic and only 130,000 in Artsakh. I wish they leave us and our countries alone. However they accepted the AG and they did apologize numerous times. I would have a dialogue with them; but I would always continue to pursue my country's and my people's goals, objectives and interests. Not even for a minute I won't shirk or evade from my cause that must solely lie for the interest of my beloved nation.
      Last edited by Anoush; 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I dont think you have seen the kurds in Armenia Anush. Most of them are more Armenian then kurd, you wont be able to tell the difference unless they tell you. I never met a kurd i did not like in Hayastan.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          I dont think you have seen the kurds in Armenia Anush. Most of them are more Armenian then kurd, you wont be able to tell the difference unless they tell you. I never met a kurd i did not like in Hayastan.

And how many muslim kurds have you met in Armenia? Most of not all fled to azerbaijan or turkey when the war for Artsakh's Independence started. While most kurds became muslim the Yezdi stayed true to their ancient religion, and I think this plays a large part in why we have traditionaly gotten along with them better than the muslim ones.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

The yezdi population is insignificant and has never posed a threat to us. Our own religion has peagan elements to it so it makes sence that we are closer to the yezdi then the kurd. But what you do not mention is that thousends of kurds in hayastan are now more armenian then kurd. They have adopted christianity and learned our languadge and customs and are now Armenians. This is proof of how we can grow our country through tolorance.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

yes dear haykakan i also have a friend which is iranian but he learned armenian and changed into christianity and he is an Armenian now

Comment

how can a man be an armenian when his blood is persian?Just for cristianity no thanks i dont approve that...he can serve in army he can be a mayor but to be claimed armenian is way of the limits.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                  how can a man be an armenian when his blood is persian?Just for cristianity no thanks i dont approve that...he can serve in army he can be a mayor but to be claimed armenian is way of the limits.
                  Its kind of funny that you think there is some sort of pure armenian bloodline. Think about it for a minute. Armenia sits on the silk road and we look like pretty much anyone else (europens, arabs, persians, kurds...). It is 100% sertain that our genes have a diverse background which is the result of intermixing with so many different people. Now can you please tell me why that persian guy cant be Armenian if he wants to? Not to mention that the persians are genetically the same as us. I guess it would really piss you racists off if you found out that turcks are pretty much genetically the same as us to because of intermixing for so long. The concept of armenian is based on culture not genetics, if it was based on genetics there would not be any countries.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Its kind of funny that you think there is some sort of pure armenian bloodline. Think about it for a minute. Armenia sits on the silk road and we look like pretty much anyone else (europens, arabs, persians, kurds...). It is 100% sertain that our genes have a diverse background which is the result of intermixing with so many different people. Now can you please tell me why that persian guy cant be Armenian if he wants to? Not to mention that the persians are genetically the same as us. I guess it would really piss you racists off if you found out that turcks are pretty much genetically the same as us to because of intermixing for so long. The concept of armenian is based on culture not genetics, if it was based on genetics there would not be any countries.
                    What you said here is the truth Haykakan. Genetically of course we have been mixed; probably a little bit of everything. For instance, the Urartians were dark in color, yet the Phrygians and the Nairians that came from North, East and West of today's Greece were very fair with blue eyes and yellow hair. Especially when the Mongolian Seljuks and the Turks came, I am pretty sure much before 1895 when the mass massacres occured, they got a bit mixed with us. We are probably mixed a little bit with the Persians, the Arabs, the Greeks and even a bit of the J'ews. Most importantly, we call ourselves Armenians based on our Armenian culture. However, right at this time; I would much rather see Armenians intermarry with Armenians, rather than assymilate, even though in Armenia the majority rules, that means even the assymilated ones become and stay Armenian because it is our Republic and our country.

I still maintain that since we have some mixed blood already, then let's intermarry between us; but keep on having at least 3 children per family to multiply.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Kurds can’t be trusted, no matter how you dice them or slice them; they will backstab us when they get the chance.
                      Go to their websites and check out the maps they have there, they claim our lands as Kurdistan. I will post few but you do your homework too.

Comment

Working...
                      X