Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurds are enemy or friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kurds are enemy or friend?

No one is advocating blind trust here. I do not however like it when people use racial overtones to justify hate. Common sence is always a good strategy and i speak from personal experience when i say the kurds in Armenia today are more armenian then kurd. They speak our languadge follow our customs and even have changed religions. In many ways they are more armenian then kurd and are useful members of armenian society.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Why is it that we have to chose between friend or foe? Would it not be better for us to use them. I think it's time to forget the term friend when talking about any other nation. We are here alone and we don't have friends. (no nation does every nations has it's own agenda) Right now we need to use the Kurd to weaken our true enemy and later we will see what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Why is it that we have to chose between friend or foe? Would it not be better for us to use them. I think it's time to forget the term friend when talking about any other nation. We are here alone and we don't have friends. (no nation does every nations has it's own agenda) Right now we need to use the Kurd to weaken our true enemy and later we will see what will happen.
        I agree. world is not black and white especially when it comes to Kurds. Like how superpowers use us, we should us the Kurds for our benefit, really why should we care about them? Our relations with other countries should solely benefit us.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I also agree with the above. Like the whole world uses us and every country in this world has their agenda. We should also look after Number One "Numero Uno" which is us Armenia and Armenians. After all, which country in this world sympathized and looked after us when we were to be extinct thanks to the Turks? Nobody. No one will lend a hand to you except you, your own hands and your own people. Whenever we consider anything at all, we must see to it that what's in it for me? Meaning, what's in it for Armenia's favor and Armenians. Our own, our own agenda. This should be our motto!!!!

We should make use of the Diaspora for Armenia's sake. How can we work through governments in the Diaspora, every Armenian counts. Make use of your profession; whether you are a scientist, a doctor, a computer man or a politician. Work towards making use of your professions for the benefit of Armenia and the people in it. Within or without Armenia, we should all work together for the goal of making Armenia to prosper, economically and socially. To have a good standing within the nations of the world, and towards her prosperity. This should be our goal, this should be our main cause; for the survival and for the prosperity of our nation. After all, we waited for our freedom for sooooo long.
          Last edited by Anoush; 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I know Kurds and I know Muslims very well from Lebanon, they are friendly and nice to us only when they are week and afraid, the minute they get a knife or a gun in their hands they will try to kill us (Christians), it happened long time ago in turkey, not so long ago in Lebanon and in Syria and it’s still happening in Iraq. I wouldn’t turn my back to them because they will stab us if they can. I’m not just releasing hot air, I’m talking this out of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
              Yetards is correct...and to drive the point home, I can tell you that the Assyrian (Christian) population of northern Iraq is deathly afraid of the Kurds.
              I know this from first-hand experience when I did a tour in Baghdad as I approached by Assyrian leadership who related their fear that once the US leaves, they would be massacred by the Kurds.
              Remember, this is the present - modern times. It seems the Genocidal tendencies have not changed among Kurds.

With that said, Armenia should only interact with the Kurds based on national interests...trust should never enter the equation.

Nice to see you back here, I hope you post more often enker jan!
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                I know Kurds and I know Muslims very well from Lebanon, they are friendly and nice to us only when they are week and afraid, the minute they get a knife or a gun in their hands they will try to kill us (Christians), it happened long time ago in turkey, not so long ago in Lebanon and in Syria and it’s still happening in Iraq. I wouldn’t turn my back to them because they will stab us if they can. I’m not just releasing hot air, I’m talking this out of experience.
                are you in US imperialistic army?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I appriciate your points! Good advice to be used. Supporting just those: our interests coincide with, at the point of time.
                  In our world most of countries had been in the state of war in past, but now part of them are in good relations with each other, because of current common interests.
                  Last edited by gegev; 02-03-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    are you in US imperialistic army?
                    No I am in "W U A" army

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                      No I am in "W U A" army

What is the WUA army?
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X