Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia for Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia for Armenians

Why can there never be civil discussions without some infernal name-calling thrown into the mix?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
      Why can there never be civil discussions without some infernal name-calling thrown into the mix?
      Would you go to a turkey farm and “tell” the turkey how wonderful Christmas dinner you have had.
      And then “tell” the turkey you are looking forward for next Christmas ...
      “Its really good you should look forward to it as well”.

It seems some turkeys are so excited they will readily go for it.
      Last edited by londontsi; 11-18-2010, 10:21 AM.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        Would you go to a turkey farm and “tell” the turkey how wonderful Christmas dinner you have had.
        And then “tell” the turkey you are looking forward for next Christmas ...
        “Its really good you should look forward to it as well”.

It seems some turkeys are so excited they will readily go for it.
        Your missing the point. Don't get cute. My point goes for everybody.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
          My point goes for everybody.

From my comments it should be obvious I was ( through you ) addressing everybody also.
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Iranians I have met have told me that many Iranians were not happy about converting to Islam 1000 years ago or so.
            There are secular Iranians and there must be others who are strict Muslims. According to some reports Iran has a lively underground art and fashion scene, where people experiment and try to fuse western/eastern styles.
            The western media has generally given Iran a negative image (positive news from Russia, Africa and some other parts of the world is also rare).
            This is driven by politics.
            I'm sure some Iranians can marry who they like and their parents support them in this decision. It all depends on the cultural attitudes of the particular family. Iranians living abroad probably have more freedom of choice
            Last edited by lampron; 11-18-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I'm sure the woman in Iran can get hanged if she marries a non-Muslim...
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                I'm sure the woman in Iran can get hanged if she marries a non-Muslim...
                How many Iranian women have been hanged for that so for?

Comment

Well if state laws are governed by Sharia law, and it's strictly forbidden for women to marry non-muslim men, than the result is rather predictable...
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    I'm sure the woman in Iran can get hanged if she marries a non-Muslim.....

Well if state laws are governed by Sharia law, and it's strictly forbidden for women to marry non-muslim men, than the result is rather predictable...
                    I think they should change the law and hang every Armenian man who has a "wish" to marry an Iranian woman.

And to be fair they should hang every Armenian woman who marries an Iranian man.

This is the only time I would "advocate" such a thing in addition to treachery ofcourse.
                    Last edited by londontsi; 11-21-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I'm Iranian, atheist and I think you are a idiot. I have read some of your reactions in several topics and I think something as common sense is totally missing in your brains. You just keep throwing absurd claims in every topic on Iranians that I'm feeling forced to response on it.

You compare the situation in Europe with the situation in Armenia. I'm living in Europe (Netherlands) and you don't know where your talking about. The problem we have in Europe with immigrants, and I'm referring to the Netherlands now, is the fact that they have problems to integrate in this society. The problems we have is with major immigrant groups like the Turks and Moroccans. The fact that they have huge language problems, bad education, high crime rate, sitting on welfare and brought their intolerant religion, the Islam, here. In fact, the only non-western immigrant group who don't have a problem to integrate here (also in Germany, Sweden and Belgium) are the Iranians. More than 50% of the Iranian students attains a university. Even the Netherlanders can reach such kind of percentage. For all I know, the Iranians don't make such problems in your country. They don't profit on your community money, they don't rape your women and they don't have problems to integrate or accept the Armenian culture. Your talking about a bigger influence of Islam in Armenia. You showing that you don't know nothing about the Iranians. The Iranians aren't so religious as many people think they are. Especially in Iran the regime has ensured that many Iranians cherish a big aversion on religion. Only 1.4% of the Iranians attains Friday prayers and the mullah regime doesn't have any connection with the Iranian youth any more. Its absurd do think that the Iranians who go to Armenia to taste a little bit of freedom and escape Islamic morality bring the Islam with them to convert the Armenians.

Aren't you the one who keeps a great respect for the European culture? Being tolerant to other cultures is also a great value that is common here in Europe. The Netherlands wouldn't have had their empire if they didn't accept other cultures make a contribution to their country. In fact, thanks to the Sephardic J ews, French Huguenots and German Lutherans Holland had that kind of wealth in their golden age. Read Amy Chua's book on hyperpowers and why they were capable to create such kind of power. The key word is: tolerant.

"Amy Chua smartly condenses the complex histories of the Persian, Mughal, Dutch, and other empires into an irresistable argument: that empires expand through toleration and contract through close-mindedness. As with any shrewd and elaborate argument, the getting there is half the fun."
                      Then your talking about Iranian men who date Armenian girls. First of all, is it that the Armenian women have lost their sense and can't think on their own anymore? For all I know, all women are perfectly capable to reject any man if they want to. And if a Armenian girl wants to date a non-Armenian I think it's her decision and you have to respect that. And if you don't, you are behaving yourself like Mullahs who also talk about such moral nonsense.

Yeah, Armenia for Armenians. With that kind of mentality your fellow countrymen where denied to seek refuge in Iran when they were killed and oppressed in other countries. With that kind of anti-Iranian rhetoric you keep the Iranians away of your country and so you will destroy every form of economic relationship between the two countries/people. I think you are little bit of jealous. I wonder which country in the region would start that kind of relationship with Armenia. You don't have that many friends in the region, am I right? I don't want to offend you or other Armenians on this forum, who aren't so shortsighted and xenophobe like you are, but maybe you could show some respect.

Greetings to all sensible Armenians!
                      Last edited by Surenas; 01-20-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X