Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How does everyone feel about Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Okay so which media can be trusted? Russia Today?
    What I do is watch Russia Today, Press TV (Iran), Fox/CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, Turkish News and try to figure out why they all report from the same point of view on some news and drastically different on others

Like, the big news right now seems to be these American women that were attacked in Israel. People get attacked everyday in America but soon as Americans get attacked outside of their borders, it gets huge media attention.... especially when Israel is involved.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-20-2010, 06:07 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I watch a variety too, and I believe that's the right thing to do. I follow Armenian news, European news, American news, Russian news, and even Azeri news.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Okay so which media can be trusted? Russia Today?
        That’s a good choice to start with, if you want to watch only one news media, but I would suggest to watch and read everything including arab news media and filter all the crap and see what you’re left with.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
          That’s a good choice to start with, if you want to watch only one news media, but I would suggest to watch and read everything including arab news media and filter all the crap and see what you’re left with.
          russiatoday is as much propaganda as the major US media sources. I stick to watching a variety which mostly consist of European news sources, Armenian (obviously), Azeri/Turkish, some Russian and Middle Eastern on the side.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

russiatoday is as much propaganda as the major US media sources. I stick to watching a variety which mostly consist of European news sources, Armenian (obviously), Azeri/Turkish, some Russian and Middle Eastern on the side.
            This was published in 2005.... And Russia Today has been said to be on Washington's Enemies list

MARGARITA SIMONIAN EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF RUSSIAN CNN (Russia Today)

By the end of the year the Russian version of CNN will open in Russia. It will be called "Russia Today TV." Gazeta e-newspaper informed that the new state TV will unfold anti-revolutionary propaganda, if the events in Ukraine threat Russia. Margarita Simonian, editor-in-chief of "Russia Today TV," told journalists that they are going to be an independent mass media. "In the beginning we will represent the official position that says that black is white, then our expert will discuss it, saying that white is black and only after Socrat will add that both are right," Margarita Simonian said.

"Russia Today TV" will broadcast twenty-four-hour news, sports, business, weather report and documentary films just like BBC and CNN do. 80% of the journalists will be foreign reporters. The Armenian journalist work at the Russian ORT and RTR TVs. She has been mainly highlighting the visits of Putin in Russian and in foreign countries during the last few years.

http://www.armtown.com/news/en/azg/20050609/2005060907/

And I just noticed Freaky's post on Margarita Simonyan in the Famous Armenians section: http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.....?goto=newpost
            Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-22-2010, 06:42 AM.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Okay, I'm talking from a neutral perspective...American media and Russian media in my eyes are untrustworthy for unbiased news both are heavily unfluenced by their own state policy and American media with political correctness BS....I usually follow European news like France 24, Euronews, DW, etc. And of course along with Armenian news like tert.am or news.am, I follow Azeri/Turkish news as it's very useful to see what the other side is saying about us and especially get a kick out of Azeri propaganda...
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

For example news like these you don’t hear or see on western media, watch it all if you can but make sure to watch especially the one @ 43:35 min.

Comment

You know, if the world didn't have so much resentment for Israel and xxxs, they would've been assimilated by now and not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    You know, if the world didn't have so much resentment for Israel and xxxs, they would've been assimilated by now and not exist.
                    I think the problem is they have resentment for everyone else. A young Israeli woman was at the mall trying to sell me some nail polishing kit today. I didn't know she was Israeli, she didn't know I was Armenian. She just had a strong accent with very poor English pronunciation. Anyways the thing was priced at 80 bucks a box. I already knew I wasn't interested but let her do her spiel anyways. So she wasn't that bad looking... intelligent eyes, etc. so I asked her where she was from and she said Israel. The product was also from Israel and she went on about the Dead Sea and the minerals. She was talking to me like I was a clueless Canadian and then asked me what my background was. I told her I was Armenian and she said "Oh, so you know about Israel then." I told her I wasn't interested because I already had bought gifts and she said "Because you're Armenian, I'll give you two for the price of one." I said I wasn't interested... and she goes, I'll give you two boxes and throw in an extra magic filer. I said politely "You're a great sales person, but I already bought all my gifts, I'm just here browsing." She physically got mad and snickered at me. Like seriously. LOL.
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

That's just cause she takes her job too seriously and probably didn't have many customers today. Let her resent all she wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X