Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How does everyone feel about Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by Azar View Post
    Now I don't really care that much about Islam as I view it as culturally foreign to Iran, but lets imagine someone said what you just said about xxxs.

It's a backwards religion that we should never associate with and should always be careful in our relations with xxxs.

I think you'd be sounding off the "anti-Semite" alarm
    Judaism has not done what Islam has done to the Middle east. In my opinion however the bigger problem is that Muslim countries deeply lack secular societies and have Islam deeply engrained in national politcs and society which highlights the flaws of Islam into the country in question.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Judaism has not done what Islam has done to the Middle east. In my opinion however the bigger problem is that Muslim countries deeply lack secular societies and have Islam deeply engrained in national politcs and society which highlights the flaws of Islam into the country in question.
      If we're talking about how secular a society is, Iranian society is pretty secular, there is probably a higher percentage of people who care about religion in Israel than there is in Iran.

People who automatically associate Iran with Islam are ignorant of Iran and Iranians, that's a promise.

Comment

If we're talking about how secular a society is, Iranian society is pretty secular, there is probably a higher percentage of people who care about religion in Israel than there is in Iran.

People who automatically associate Iran with Islam are ignorant of Iran and Iranians, that's a promise.
        If Iranians didn't care about religion so much why did they formant such a strong Islamic revolution and turn the country into a theocracy? Maybe the youth is a little less religious, but still many of the middle aged and older people are religious and support the regime. And the Iranian regime is very religious you can't go wrong there and it has transformed Iran into a very strict Islamic society where things like music are banned in universities or showing a centimetre more of skin can result in bad things...
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I can't believe I'm hearing this. Are you even living on this planet?

Oil. That is what the modern Middle Eastern geopolitics have usually been about. Given the vast energy resources that form the backbone of western economies, influence and involvement in the Middle East has been of paramount importance for the former and current imperial and super powers, including France, Britain, USA and the former Soviet Union.

Prior to the discovery of oil, the region had been a hotbed for religious conflict, and wars over other rich resources and arable land. The interests that the West (primarily Britain and France during European colonial times and now the US) had was been due to the energy and resource interests and to battle against the Ottoman Empire.

As a result, for centuries, the western population has been acclimatized to a type of propaganda and vilification of the Arab and other people of the Middle East, and of Islam in general. This was especially so during the European colonial times, as so vividly examined by Edward Said, in his well-respected book, Orientalism. Both before and after the Ottoman Empire, geopolitically speaking, this negative stereotyping has served to provide justifications for involvement and to ensure "stability" for the powers that wanted to be involved in the region. (I GUESS IT'S WORKING )

http://www.globalissues.org/issue/103/middle-east

Oh and as to why there is so much American Military involvement in the Middle East:

'Zionists control US foreign policy'

Thomas, a former White House journalist, said Israel can never be criticized in the US because Zionists are in control of the American foreign policy as well as its main institutions.

"I can call a president of the US anything in the book, but I can't touch Israel, which has J3wish-only roads in the West Bank," Thomas said.

The 90-year-old national columnist says the White House, Congress, Wall Street and Hollywood are all owned by the Zionists.

"Congress, the White House, Hollywood, and Wall Street are owned by the Zionists. No question, in my opinion," she said.

Thomas also said that she stands by the comments she made about Israel earlier this year, which was condemned by the local J3wish community.

Thomas had said that Israelis should get out of Palestine and return to their homes in Europe and the US.

In an interview, Thomas said that criticizing Israel was the reason she was forced to resign from Hearst Newspapers and was ostracized in Washington.

The longtime White House correspondent, who grew up in Detroit as the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, was in Dearborn for a workshop on anti-Arab bias.

J3wish groups have called Thomas' earlier remarks unfair and bigoted. They have also slammed Thursday's remarks.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/153755.html
          Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-04-2010, 03:37 AM.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

The difference between Muslims and jews is that Muslims want to kill the jews because they are jews. Jews want to kill Muslims because if they didn't, the Muslims would kill the jews.

And as far as Iran ... it was once a great great country with great potentials and then the west screwed it all up with their thirst for oil and Islamic fundamentalists grabbed it as their opportunity to completely take over and set things back 500 years.

It is not that there is much wrong with Islam. Christianity has had (and still has) many of the same problems. It just seems like the Muslims are a few hundred years behind the Christians in terms of catching up with the ideas of individual freedoms, women's rights, democracy, civil rights, social justice etc. They will catch up eventually I hope (and Iran will also improve again but it will take time).

But for as long as there are massive forces hell bent on destroying the jews, you can be sure the jews will do everything in their power to fight back and regain some control ... and as it is now, you are at a point where you just can't point a finger and blame a single side. Both sides are entirely right and entirely wrong at the same time.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

If Iranians didn't care about religion so much why did they formant such a strong Islamic revolution and turn the country into a theocracy?
              It was never meant to be an Islamic revolution, many different people participated in that revolution, from communists to democrats, it wasn't about Islam necessarily, the revolution could of gone another way, but it went to an Islamic Republic unfortunately.

Also the reason for the revolution was more based on the Shah being a Western puppet, it was the Anglo-American coup in 1953 that took away our oil and made our nation a hostage of the USA and Britain for 25 years. Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                I can't believe I'm hearing this. Are you even living on this planet?

Oil. That is what the modern Middle Eastern geopolitics have usually been about. Given the vast energy resources that form the backbone of western economies, influence and involvement in the Middle East has been of paramount importance for the former and current imperial and super powers, including France, Britain, USA and the former Soviet Union.

Prior to the discovery of oil, the region had been a hotbed for religious conflict, and wars over other rich resources and arable land. The interests that the West (primarily Britain and France during European colonial times and now the US) had was been due to the energy and resource interests and to battle against the Ottoman Empire.

As a result, for centuries, the western population has been acclimatized to a type of propaganda and vilification of the Arab and other people of the Middle East, and of Islam in general. This was especially so during the European colonial times, as so vividly examined by Edward Said, in his well-respected book, Orientalism. Both before and after the Ottoman Empire, geopolitically speaking, this negative stereotyping has served to provide justifications for involvement and to ensure "stability" for the powers that wanted to be involved in the region. (I GUESS IT'S WORKING )

http://www.globalissues.org/issue/103/middle-east

Oh and as to why there is so much American Military involvement in the Middle East:

'Zionists control US foreign policy'

Thomas, a former White House journalist, said Israel can never be criticized in the US because Zionists are in control of the American foreign policy as well as its main institutions.

"I can call a president of the US anything in the book, but I can't touch Israel, which has J3wish-only roads in the West Bank," Thomas said.

The 90-year-old national columnist says the White House, Congress, Wall Street and Hollywood are all owned by the Zionists.

"Congress, the White House, Hollywood, and Wall Street are owned by the Zionists. No question, in my opinion," she said.

Thomas also said that she stands by the comments she made about Israel earlier this year, which was condemned by the local J3wish community.

Thomas had said that Israelis should get out of Palestine and return to their homes in Europe and the US.

In an interview, Thomas said that criticizing Israel was the reason she was forced to resign from Hearst Newspapers and was ostracized in Washington.

The longtime White House correspondent, who grew up in Detroit as the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, was in Dearborn for a workshop on anti-Arab bias.

J3wish groups have called Thomas' earlier remarks unfair and bigoted. They have also slammed Thursday's remarks.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/153755.html
                What are you trying to prove here? Try going to any conservative Islamic village and see how woman are treated there. Probably cattle are treated better. Or how education is suppressed in Islamic societies. The only time Europe stepped out of repression and dark ages was when the church was separated from the state, and the notion of "secularism" was established as a pillar of society. That enlightenment hasn't reach much of the Muslim world (though exists in some like Turkey). Additionally, most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists in the modern age are Muslim. And these terrorists use no other than the Q'uran to justify their disgusting acts.

The US-Israeli alliance is no surprise to anyone. The Israeli lobby in the US is very powerful. You also have US supporting countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt in the same way. I've heard US criticizing Israel's continuation of settlements also...
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

It was never meant to be an Islamic revolution, many different people participated in that revolution, from communists to democrats, it wasn't about Islam necessarily, the revolution could of gone another way, but it went to an Islamic Republic unfortunately.

Also the reason for the revolution was more based on the Shah being a Western puppet, it was the Anglo-American coup in 1953 that took away our oil and made our nation a hostage of the USA and Britain for 25 years. Yeah
                  Some of the leading motives however was the "corruption" people saw in Iran when it came to morals, and this rang true in many of the Islamists of Iran who wanted the country to come closer with Islamic ideals as a way to purge Iran of those "corruptions". They installed a very theocratic government by wide popular support.

Though I'll agree the Iran doesn't deserve the idiotic regime that's in power now, it's really harms the rich Persian history that Iran has, and I hope a more sensible, less theocratic/islamist regime comes into power one day.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

What are you trying to prove here? Try going to any conservative Islamic village and see how woman are treated there. Probably cattle are treated better. Or how education is suppressed in Islamic societies. The only time Europe stepped out of repression and dark ages was when the church was separated from the state, and the notion of "secularism" was established as a pillar of society. That enlightenment hasn't reach much of the Muslim world (though exists in some like Turkey). Additionally, most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists in the modern age are Muslim. And these terrorists use no other than the Q'uran to justify their disgusting acts.

The US-Israeli alliance is no surprise to anyone. The Israeli lobby in the US is very powerful. You also have US supporting countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt in the same way. I've heard US criticizing Israel's continuation of settlements also...
                    Like there aren't parts of Europe (especially since its unification) or North America where women are treated like trash. Besides, you're grouping entire Muslim groups into one basket. Many cultures that adopted Islam as their religion treat women no different because their culture trumps their religion. I don't know what you're trying to say here because I know many Muslim scholars (men and women) who are way more educated than your average North American. When the media shows images of the Middle East and you see a stone age group of Arabs or Muslims what you're looking at is the Middle Eastern equivalent of your average North American redneck.

As far as most terrorists being Muslim... from their point of view, they are freedom fighters. If you came into my country and killed my family or raped my wife or daughter I'd be happy to strap on a bomb and take you out with me. But hey, we're all just human.

If you want to talk about how women are treated in Israel, I don't think you want to open up that can of worms. For example, human trafficking for sex and prostitution (mostly Russian girls being brought into Israel) is quite common. It's done by all countries and nobody is innocent. Certainly there are areas where Islam does oppress women but it's probably THE WORST in Saudi Arabia yet nobody is complaining as long as the oil is flowing freely.
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-04-2010, 08:28 PM.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      Like there aren't parts of Europe (especially since its unification) or North America where women are treated like trash. Besides, you're grouping entire Muslim groups into one basket. Many cultures that adopted Islam as their religion treat women no different because their culture trumps their religion. I don't know what you're trying to say here because I know many Muslim scholars (men and women) who are way more educated than your average North American. When the media shows images of the Middle East and you see a stone age group of Arabs or Muslims what you're looking at is the Middle Eastern equivalent of your average North American redneck.

If you want to talk about how women are treated in Israel, I don't think you want to open up that can of worms. Human trafficking for sex and prostitution (mostly Russian girls being brought into Israel) is quite common. It's done by all countries and nobody is innocent. Certainly there are areas where Islam does oppress women but it's probably THE WORST in Saudi Arabia yet nobody is complaining as long as the oil if flowing freely.
                      In general Western women are treated far better than women in middle east. Take the average woman from France and Iran. Not only that at least in the West you don't have the idiotic sharia laws that account for all that oppression. I'm not saying all Muslims are uneducated, but the sharia laws and the Islamic society greatly hinder secular education as they focus on islamic education which in my opinion doesn't do you much good. I mean they banned Music for crying out loud in Iran universities because it's un-islamic. Just idiotic.

Sex trafficking is a disgrace but you can't compare that to sharia law oppression where woman have no choice and are oppressed just because they are born woman. More less, women can choose if they want to be prostitutes or not.

As far as most terrorist being Muslim... from their point of view, they are freedom fighters. If you came into my country and killed my family or raped my wife or daughter I'd be happy to strap on a bomb and take you out with me. But hey, we're all just human.
                      Freedom fighters? How the hell is killing innocent civilians freedom fighting? They are murders plain and simple what have those innocent civilians done to them? Killing innocent civilians does nothing, absolutely nothing. It just shows more how idiotic those type of people are. They use the Q'uran verses which state literally to "kill the infidel" (yes that means you as well) to justify their gruesome acts. I can't believe you are justifying terrorism.

Many of these terrorists didn't have their wives or children raped, most of them are just deranged with twisted notions of the world. They have no compassion, no mercy, no humanity in them. Stop defending those lunatics for crying out loud.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X