Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is YEV a letter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stark i know you have a crush on me now... i love you too hun...
    The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

then lets say it is a letter and then close it... and yes maybe you should stop hallucinating like george bush...

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
        *counts the letters again* I got 38 here... you're not counting "yev" are you? My teacher told us many Armenians mistakingly consider "yev" a letter.

Jinx u r right "YEV" is not letter. Yev is like saying in english U V W X Y and Z.
        Thats what it means! as an "AND" by ending the alphabet.

Comment

fireburn read what i wrote above... i have clear examples of why it is a letter...

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
            then lets say it is a letter and then close it... and yes maybe you should stop hallucinating like george bush...
            You act like you still believe it's a letter but you have no valid arguments left. I am sure you are now going to go and convince other people that it isn't a letter. I think we did a good deed here. Cheers to an Armenian unity!

Comment

umm actually my dear stark, i have been the only with a REAL argument... i have not seen one single point made by anybody else...

i have been one of the only people to bring up FACTS and even use the letter in a word (not an abbriviation or shorthand)... but i have not gotten an single fact back from anyone else...

nunechka - all the points
              everyone else - no point

so there it is... the only argument that makes me laugh is the TUVWXY and Z but you forget where the letter YEV is it isnt betweent he last letter and the one before last, it is: P K (YEV) O F... so next time you want to attempt at making a point, make sure you at least have the letters in the correct order... trust me hun... if you read what i wrote, then attempted the factoring of LOGIC into it, you would've never disagreed with me

i have a point, i made my point, and everyone else that disagreed NEVER had a point, NEVER had facts...

thanks for helping me make my point stark

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
                umm actually my dear stark, i have been the only with a REAL argument...
                All your arguments were shot down because they made no sense.

i have not seen one single point made by anybody else...
                Oh, so that's why you're still acting like a brat: you haven't been paying attention.

i have been one of the only people to bring up FACTS and even use the letter in a word (not an abbriviation or shorthand)... but i have not gotten an single fact back from anyone else...

nunechka - all the points
                everyone else - no point
                Wake up, little doggy. Come on.

so there it is... the only argument that makes me laugh is the TUVWXY and Z but you forget where the letter YEV is it isnt betweent he last letter and the one before last, it is: P K (YEV) O F... so next time you want to attempt at making a point, make sure you at least have the letters in the correct order... trust me hun... if you read what i wrote, then attempted the factoring of LOGIC into it, you would've never disagreed with me
                This is the funniest (in a dumb way) thing I have read all day! And the irony of you using the word "logic" is the cherry on top. Oh brother!

i have a point, i made my point, and everyone else that disagreed NEVER had a point, NEVER had facts...
                I hope you aren't Armenian. I really really do.

thanks for helping me make my point stark
                *?* How did I do that exactly? I pointed out how wrong you were.

I'm done with this nonsense. I feel better knowing we've convinced you even though you still feel the need to act like you actually know something. A job well done.

Comment

no one has "convinced" me of anything stark... you are incredibly rude... the question was asked, i gave my point of view and all you did was shoot it down... why dont you just give your point of view for ONCE and not insult someone...

you know if i also did not have anything to do in my day just like you, i would sit there and analyze what you have written, break it into little pieces like you did for my comments, and unfairly with a bias point of view critisize them...

i did not attack anyone, i defened myself against attacks on me... and you were one of the most malicious ones...

i believe that there is a yev in our alphabet because i was taught this in ARMENIA in school... how come from the schooling i got in Armenia i can read your armenian and understand you clearly when you speak, but you cant understand my armenian or read my armenian???

well i dont exactly know the answer to this, but apperantly the western armenian teachers felt that YOU couldnt read the poems from YEGHISHE CHARENTS the way that HE himself wrote it, so they had to translate it for you... but in Armenia we did NOT translate the writings from Grigor Zohrab for us into "eastern" armenian... well i guess the Armenian language and literature (grammer, spelling, and ALL THE BEAUTIFUL Letter including YEV) that i was taught in school in ARMENIA was inclusive of both east and west but maybe yours wasnt... well probably it wasnt since when i came here to the US thats what i was taugh in Armenian school...

i am not easily intimidated and forced into believe something just because you keep repeating your lies... just like bush and his lies... he kept saying al quada and iraq so much in one scentence that people started to think it was the same thing... but not the well taught people who knew better...

stark, if cant offer anything or contribute anything then please dont insult other people for their brave attempts at speaking out...

how old are you anyway? you are acting like a 10 years caught in a 30 year olds body...

have a wonderful day

Comment

I am talking out of my ass. I haven't read anything Stark Evade or Baron Dants or ckBejug posted... or maybe I did and am choosing to ignore it so I can keep repeating things that have absolutely nothing to do with the word "yev." like the translation of certain literature from one dialect to another. Somehow I have become convinced that "shooting down" my arguments is in someway an incomplete task and that others are required to do more than that, like make chi kyufteh. Also I am using the tactic of claiming someone is being rude so I don't have to respond seriously to anything that person says because somehow I became convinced that people aren't smart enough to see that what I am posting is complete and utter bull nuggets. I hope Stark Evade will fall for the old "try and contribute something" routine and forget that he and the others did in fact bring up good points that I can't argue with because I don't know enough about it and because everything I say is based on rumors and both voluntary and involuntary ignorance.

I'm sorry... that was just too funny.
                    Last edited by ckBejug; 09-09-2004, 08:54 PM.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Actually nunechka, you haven't replied to anything that I've said.

Not to the fact that I've learned poems and read books in Eastern Armenian both in Syria and in Canada.

Not to the fact that I have actually lived and went to school in Syria, and some of my cousins continue to do so, and the situation never was the way you claim it were...

And also, for your bright little reply that the "yev" doesn't come right before the last letter like the "and" in english, it seems quite logical that it was added before the "O" because "O" and "Fe" were added later on, and were not in the original alphabet.

Anywho, is this "yev becoming a letter" thing one of the other brilliant decisions taken in 1922? Because you don't need to listen to us to know how ridiculous those changes were...Just ask Hrachya Ajarian, the most brilliant linguist we have ever had..

Comment

Working...
                      X