Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Armenian women stay Pure for marriage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomServo
    Shouldn't it be eghav kaxtseres? X is like "kh" and it's not pronounced "yekhav." Also, why am I being such an annoying arse right now?

Blah, Armenian looks terrible in Latin text. Our alphabet is so much better.

agree with you there not the annoying arse part hehehe, the alphabet part

Comment

• Originally posted by TomServo
      Shouldn't it be eghav kaxtseres? X is like "kh" and it's not pronounced "yekhav." Also, why am I being such an annoying arse right now?

Blah, Armenian looks terrible in Latin text. Our alphabet is so much better.
      I unno, i've always used X for the sounds that the latin alphabet doesn't have anything close to.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace
        You misunderstood. I'm sorry if i was unclear.
        And that's what I've been trying to say, that, your ideas you are trying to put accross are misunderstood because you have not made it clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace
          Domestic violence is an issue. But it does not take the lives of a woman every 3-4 days. That happens in the society that we are assimilating into. Domestic violence is an issue in every corner of the globe.

Domestic violence is a major issue in Armenia though. We need to be as responsible with that as we are with anything else about our culture.
          Unfortunately, that is the case; but with different degrees. The problem is that your views - at least the way you express them - promote domestic violence.

Originally posted by ace
          Well, make sure you understand me correctly this time. I am saying, by comparing the Armenian society, and the society we are assimilating into, you can see that they have un-necessary problems that can be controlled and fixed through...I dunno...I guess discipline and respect. Issues like HIV...we shouldn't have that if people practiced self control....issues like divorce...it has become so accepted in western culture that marriage has become a "trial and error" kind of thing...issues like kids dropping out of highschool...according to the reason for drop outs in America...which is lack of financial support in a family, thus, the kid has to work - Armenia should have a 70% dropout rate considering its current economical status. Why doesn'it it? Because Our people are more disciplined and have our priorities straight. What do I think does this have to do with a womans abstinance? Nothing that can be proven. But, most peoples defense, including everyones that has responded to me, says in some way shape or form "we need to get rid of our old fashioned ideas and be more like the western socities." Like...
          A mishmash of embryonic opinions, semi-facts, unfounded estimations and rumors. Make an effort to clarify your thinking, it will help you see clear.
          In any case, there may be a different solution that will prove to be a bit less convenient for you and more fair towards women.

Originally posted by ace
          You just dont agree with the "abstinance usually signifies respect for ones body and future life partner." Logically, I can't see how it doesn't. But I guess thats an opionin.
          Just curious, how did you come to that conclusion?
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siamanto
            Just curious, how did you come to that conclusion?
            Everything else I stated was a fact...you can't disagree with those. THAT, however, was an opionin. You can disagree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siamanto
              Unfortunately, that is the case; but with different degrees. The problem is that your views - at least the way you express them - promote domestic violence.

I fail to see which parts, mind pointing them out?

Comment

• Originally posted by thedebutante
                i think armo guys should be pure! bring em on. anyone who has had sex before and demands a virgin girl is a xxxxing hypocrite
                HELL YEAH!

but idealy, yes, they should

Comment

• I don't know about Armenian women, but I sure as hell want my coffee to stay pure, right Hot Coffee?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    I don't know about Armenian women, but I sure as hell want my coffee to stay pure, right Hot Coffee?
                    Everything for you darling

You're coming on to me right? Must be like the 10th time you tell me this

Comment

• Originally posted by HotCoffee
                      Everything for you darling

You're coming on to me right? Must be like the 10th time you tell me this
                      Apparently the pun flew past your head. Besides, I'm not a coffee fan because coffee tastes like crap, but rather a tea fan.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X