Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Armenian women stay Pure for marriage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Should Armenian women stay Pure for marriage?

Originally posted by thedebutante
    Originally posted by Siamanto
    international respect and admiration for our culture????? do you know what people say about armenians???????
    Please tell us "what people say about armenians?????"
    first, if you dont already know what people say, perhaps ignorance is a better bet for you
    Are you telling that:
    1- When someone makes a statement - false or true - then anybody who asks what is meant is ignorant?
    2- When someone asks for clarifications, then that someone actually does not know what it could be meant? There may be more than one explanation and the person may want to understand what it does mean
    3- One - you in this case - should be judged without being given the opportunity to clarify and defend oneself?
    4- etc. etc.

So would you please tell us "what people say about armenians" to make sure that you're not under the bigger rock?

second, whatever it is that you feel towards me, whether it's hatred or disgust or whatever (we know it's not indifference), get over it. it's getting old. my comment was not for you.
    Of course, I should have a problem, not you. Of course, "hell is other people."
    Inexistent - i.e. you - is much closer to reality than anything else. If you should know, you don't inspire me anything I value.
    Are you suggesting that because your "comment was not for" me that I should not replied to it? Was ace's comment for you, when you replied to his comment? Of course, "hell is other people."
    It was about Armenians and I'm an Armenian.
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
      Kporcem hargeli Siamanto, duk el porcek mikitch khonarh linel.
      Without examples - and beyond them - I would not know how to interpret the above and would remain plain words.

Originally posted by karoaper
      hehe.
      Siamanto, you're such an amazing judge of character and your opinion means so much to me that your poor critique of me truely breaks my heart.

As far the as the gossiping is concerned, I remember "Anglayi hiussisum gtnvats erkir@" or some such. Hmm, why not say the country directly, I don't know. Perhaps to make sure the person in question didn't know you were talking about him. I do appologize about mentioning this but it's amuzing considering you're the #1 "gossip wistleblower" in AC forum.
      Are you telling me that answering ace's question:
      "where is he from?" with
      "If I'm not mistaken, the country North of England; not the island" did constitute gossip; while
      "If I'm not wrong Scotland" would have not?

I wonder how strongly you believe in your own argument? Have you heard of something called discretion?

For the record, what I found "tiny" and mediocre is your opportunistic attempt to use the situation.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Manto
        Finally, I think that - most likely - women lose their virginity rather because of the "male" hormones than the "female" hormones i.e. pressured - read "bullied, hustled, forced, raped, etc." - into having sex by a male partner.
        Are you serious?I thought it was a result of a digital defloration.

Comment

Hint: karoper used it a couple of messages ago. I've also heard the expression "@si @sav" which is closer??? to "rumor."
          Most of my family says cene/cenesiz, but I think that means talkative more than gossip. Yeah, I know it's Turkish, my dad gets mad at us for using those words. I blame the rest of my family.

Comment

Armenian wouldn't shouldn't stay pure to me! hahahaAHHHA get it, let's do dirty things Armenian women. Come on. You can always get your hymen put back in place, hell even I'd do it for you.

Comment

Are you telling that:
              1- When someone makes a statement - false or true - then anybody who asks what is meant is ignorant?
              2- When someone asks for clarifications, then that someone actually does not know what it could be meant? There may be more than one explanation and the person may want to understand what it does mean
              3- One - you in this case - should be judged without being given the opportunity to clarify and defend oneself?
              4- etc. etc.

So would you please tell us "what people say about armenians" to make sure that you're not under the bigger rock?

Of course, I should have a problem, not you. Of course, "hell is other people."
              Inexistent - i.e. you - is much closer to reality than anything else. If you should know, you don't inspire me anything I value.
              Are you suggesting that because your "comment was not for" me that I should not replied to it? Was ace's comment for you, when you replied to his comment? Of course, "hell is other people."
              It was about Armenians and I'm an Armenian.

Not when judged in light of the past condescending attitude and tone toward that individual poster. So when trying to play the innocence card of being inquisitive, it doesn't look that well for you.

P.S. This post was brought to you by everything French, since French is better than...Everything I almost forgot the smiley.
              Last edited by Anonymouse; 01-02-2006, 12:39 AM.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                Not when judged in light of the past condescending attitude and tone toward that individual poster. So when trying to play the innocence card of being inquisitive, it doesn't look that well for you.

P.S. This post was brought to you by everything French, since French is better than...Everything I almost forgot the smiley.

"This means you really love me" ( ha...ha...ha...)

but why even bother baby. you see, no matter what happens, the holy fool sits off to the side and raises the two fingers of the Old Believer.

Last edited by thedebutante; 01-02-2006, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Come on, ace. What's this stuff about keeping your culture pure and how a women's virginity means so much more than a man's? Do you have any idea why that is? It has nothing to do with your culture, because it's been the case in just about every culture at some point or other, and the reason is simple. Most cultures are patriarchal, and passed property or power or something else from father to son, and a son needed to be legitimate to inherit whatever it is he was to inherit. The only way to ensure that a son was legitimately yours was to know that your wife had never been with another man. Most cultures, when they did such novel things as allowing women to have property or hold positions of power, gave it up. Perhaps you should as well. A women keeping herself a virgin for her husband is not doing it because she has any more respect for her body or her future partner than anyone else. She is doing it because she was made to believe that she should do it by those in positions of power who wanted her to behave that way, for the simple reason that their fathers did the same, for the simple reason that a thousand years ago, there was actually some legal significance to a woman's virginity. And now, because people like you are so hip on 'preserving their culture,' and just doing whatever it is that their fathers did, with no regard whatsoever to why they did it, it continues.

Comment

It's amusing to see you - or thedebutante, both notorious bullies with attitude - accuse another person of a "condescending attitude."
                    There is a good reason why I consider her as a vulgar version of anileve, a version who has no personality and has nothing sincere to say: her behavior.

Another cheap shot from Mr. nose-it-all.
                    You may be aware that Nietzsche had a word for someone like you: tchandala.

P.S. Overman or slave mentality???
                    Last edited by Siamanto; 01-03-2006, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Siamanto is funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X