Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Armenian women stay Pure for marriage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Should Armenian women stay Pure for marriage?

Originally posted by loseyourname
    Come on, ace. What's this stuff about keeping your culture pure and how a women's virginity means so much more than a man's? Do you have any idea why that is? It has nothing to do with your culture, because it's been the case in just about every culture at some point or other, and the reason is simple. Most cultures are patriarchal, and passed property or power or something else from father to son, and a son needed to be legitimate to inherit whatever it is he was to inherit. The only way to ensure that a son was legitimately yours was to know that your wife had never been with another man. Most cultures, when they did such novel things as allowing women to have property or hold positions of power, gave it up. Perhaps you should as well. A women keeping herself a virgin for her husband is not doing it because she has any more respect for her body or her future partner than anyone else. She is doing it because she was made to believe that she should do it by those in positions of power who wanted her to behave that way, for the simple reason that their fathers did the same, for the simple reason that a thousand years ago, there was actually some legal significance to a woman's virginity. And now, because people like you are so hip on 'preserving their culture,' and just doing whatever it is that their fathers did, with no regard whatsoever to why they did it, it continues.
    I said preserving our culture, right? Can you please define "culture" and what it is made of - as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
      Deffinitly shouldn't. What do you think being a promiscious girl implies about her character?
      Just because a woman isn't a virgin does not mean she is sexually promiscuous.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
        Deffinitly shouldn't. What do you think being a promiscious girl implies about her character?
        I really don't like judging people only based by their actions without knowing why they are like that. People make mistakes, having their own personal reasons for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by transience
          I agree =)

Comment

I didn't imply that.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
              I didn't imply that.
              Yeah, but this thread is bullshyt and I thought my little statement up there would put an end to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver
                I really don't like judging people only based by their actions without knowing why they are like that. People make mistakes, having their own personal reasons for their actions.
                A mistake is f ucking a guy you didn't want to f uck...and you only did because you were really mad at your boyfriend for cheating on you and wanted to get back at him - THAT is a mistake. You think being a promiscious girl is a mistake?

You didn't say anything I didn't agree with though, but you didnt answer my question. Do you think being a promiscious girl says anything about her character? And if so, what does it say about her?
                Last edited by ace; 01-05-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but this thread is bullshyt and I thought my little statement up there would put an end to it.
                  Almost 4000 views...its appearently on alot of peoples minds...let us discuss it.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                    A mistake is f ucking a guy you didn't want to f uck...and you only did because you were really mad at your boyfriend for cheating on you and wanted to get back at him - THAT is a mistake. You think being a promiscious girl is a mistake?

You didn't say anything I didn't agree with though, but you didnt answer my question. Do you think being a promiscious girl says anything about her character? And if so, what does it say about her?
                    I didn't answer because I don't want to. I know a lot of promiscuous women and I treat them no differently than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver
                      I didn't answer because I don't want to. I know a lot of promiscuous women and I treat them no differently than anyone else.
                      I take that as a no. Neway, if you dont want to continue the conversation, can you atlesat tell me why?

Comment

Working...
                      X