Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The sense of loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The sense of loss?

[QUOTE=ferdi2;264888]
    Originally posted by Saco View Post

Blinded by lies, indifference, busy with the demands of modern living or mild curiosity? Possibly a bit of each but definitely not the immense preoccupation you guys have.

You admit to everything allready, the rest is just your stubbornes thats all.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Your obviously not guilty, only who deny are , by carrying on the last stage of genocide.If the denial of genocide doesn't end, the genocide would have succeded,that simple.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by ferdi2
        As I said before, I refuse to sit in judgement of the actions of an event or persons from nearly 100 years ago. If they did wrong then it should have been dealt with at the time. It is nonsense to pass burden around like some olympic torch batton.

Where I come from, every man/woman is responsible for their own actions and deeds. Your surviving predecessors should have taken the necessary action for restitution at the appropriate time against those individually responsible, some did with assasinations. But it's not my fault the majority had collective amnesia or lacked the will to do it then. I'm afraid it's case closed now.
        You're the worst type of turc, you acknowledge what happened, (what will happen if your type have your way again,) and calmly say that those crimes were committed by people no longer here, so forget about it.........
        COLLECTIVE AMNESIA !!??
        LACKED THE WILL TO DO IT?!!?
        I'm afraid it's not case closed now.

Comment

Turkish benefits? What type of benefits are you talking about? The Land and Money that your people stole from us?
          Stole? Western armenia was ottoman land. Anyway, what about azeris land? I am sure, You will find some excuse for them. You have no right to teach me ethic. I am against what happened at 1915.(Unlike your support to what happened to armenians.)

the land and money painted with blood (which won't last forever) or a peaceful mind and a better future for both the Turkish and Armenian generations to come? What benefits do you talk about?
          If we listen you, It would be a better future for armenians. Anyway, that land is painted by turkish blood too.

The Turkish people live a lie, nothing more, and their bloody past will never allow them to rest peacefully ...
          Bla bla. Everynation have their blood past. This also include armenians. I do not see you have any problem with armenian support to crusaders. So armenian bloody past wont harm you, I am sure Turkish bloody past wont harm me too.

you would do the same if we murdered your people.
          No, I wont. My people were murdered too..My family fleed from balkans.

No one will live normally until these issues are cleared so I suggest you look at the bigger picture instead of acting like a politician ...
          I think you are wrong. Every nation have their blood losses. or do you think, armenians were only ones who genocided or ethnic cleansed.

a Turkish politician, lol, that goes to bribing school.
          A turkish politician is not more or less evil than armenian one. Politicians are politicians and when It comes to states, we need politicians.

No ... that's when life and everything will finally B.E.G.I.N. The past century has been a nightmare thanks to your people. Enough innocent Armenians AND Turks have suffered. It's time to move on and not the pathetic Turkish way.
          what is the meaning of move on? do you realy need turkish empaty so much that without turkish empaty and their acceptance of AG you cannot move on.

That is funny. Move on guy. You dont need us.

They can live normally after they SAY they lied and face who their grandfathers were.
          So tell me, which county accepted their own blood past? Should I remind you france law about how magnificient of their past?

You don't fully appreciate how serious the AG issue is and what a xxxxx it makes Turkey look like.
          I appreciate it. So that is why I do not support Turkish acceptance of AG.

When she faces this, she will look much better and people will trust you more then they do now.
          what the hell is trust? I am not aware of fact that trust is such important thing at international politics. Anyway, show me one country which accepted they genocided a nation. Than I can take your serious.

Is that not in the best interest of the Turkish people? If not, then what the xxxx is? What is important to you?
          Security.

You are confused. You look at the AG as if it's just a chapter in one of your torn history books when in reality it is YOUR xxxxed up past
          It is not my past. It is history like turkish, greek, armenian crimes.. What happened is happened. I have no power to change past. I have power to change future and I prefer to support turkish welfare..

And one quesiton, what is this "welfare" you are interested in? Describe it, won't you?
          Easy. Richness of turkish people freedom of turkish people and security of turkish people.

What do you think, we all forgot about what your people did? What your people still do? Open your eyes, dear!
          That is bullxxxx. It is not my people did it. It is ittihatists. Armenians(dashnaks) were supporting them when Ittihatist were rebelled against legitimate sultan. So You cannot accuse my people as colletively.

Neither the Turks or Armenians OR Azeris are happy about any borders opening and believe it or not, THEY WON'T.
          Wrong. ROA need it. People cannot live with nationalist feelings. They need money. That is why ROA lost half of her population..

One simple reason why. The Turkish gov. has begun placing rediculous preconditions on the table so screw them, their border, and their preconditions ... figuratively speaking....
          Yep. Because ROA needed borders. That is why Turkey closed it.
          Your officials started that so if your so disgusted, go spit on their faces instead of blaming us.
          I do not accused you.

Perhaps when you Turks learn to speak truthfully, then we might consider opening them.
          You should read more newspaper and learn who need opening borders. Your macho attitute dont change reality..

ou have stolen everything from us and you talk as if nothing happened. We will always be your wake up call ...
          We did not steal anything from you. Before 1915 eastern anatolia is ottoman land and after 1915 It is ottoman land.

We only want healthy relations, nothing more. Screw politics.
          If we are talking about nations we cannot screw politics. Anyway, ROA is not even accepting border of Turkey so It would be not healty to talk about opening borders when you are not accepting them..

At the moment, we can't build any proper relations with Turkey because its officials are as screwed up as they were back then.
          No. Infact, We dont have healty relation because of our conflict with ROA and Your conflicts with azeris.. It has no relation with officials..

What benefit do you want or expect, Palavra. When I read your posts, I imagine a very materialistic girl, forgive me.
          You are 50% right I am materialist when It comes to national politic.(%50 wrong, I am not girl.)

You should also become materialist when It comes to politic of your nation. This is how you survive...

Some part of me begins to think the majority of Turkey thinks like you.
          No they dont. They are emotional..

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post

If we listen you, It would be a better future for armenians. Anyway, that land is painted by turkish blood too.

Very true, similar to what Dear Gul has stated only it has nothing what so ever to do with the Armenian Genocide.
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
              Stole? Western armenia was ottoman land. Anyway, what about azeris land? I am sure, You will find some excuse for them. You have no right to teach me ethic. I am against what happened at 1915.(Unlike your support to what happened to armenians.)

Bla bla. Everynation have their blood past. This also include armenians. I do not see you have any problem with armenian support to crusaders. So armenian bloody past wont harm you, I am sure Turkish bloody past wont harm me too.

No, I wont. My people were murdered too..My family fleed from balkans.

I think you are wrong. Every nation have their blood losses. or do you think, armenians were only ones who genocided or ethnic cleansed.

A turkish politician is not more or less evil than armenian one. Politicians are politicians and when It comes to states, we need politicians.

what is the meaning of move on? do you realy need turkish empaty so much that without turkish empaty and their acceptance of AG you cannot move on.

That is funny. Move on guy. You dont need us.

So tell me, which county accepted their own blood past? Should I remind you france law about how magnificient of their past?

I appreciate it. So that is why I do not support Turkish acceptance of AG.

what the hell is trust? I am not aware of fact that trust is such important thing at international politics. Anyway, show me one country which accepted they genocided a nation. Than I can take your serious.

Security.

It is not my past. It is history like turkish, greek, armenian crimes.. What happened is happened. I have no power to change past. I have power to change future and I prefer to support turkish welfare..

Easy. Richness of turkish people freedom of turkish people and security of turkish people.

That is bullxxxx. It is not my people did it. It is ittihatists. Armenians(dashnaks) were supporting them when Ittihatist were rebelled against legitimate sultan. So You cannot accuse my people as colletively.

Wrong. ROA need it. People cannot live with nationalist feelings. They need money. That is why ROA lost half of her population..

Yep. Because ROA needed borders. That is why Turkey closed it.

I do not accused you.

You should read more newspaper and learn who need opening borders. Your macho attitute dont change reality..

We did not steal anything from you. Before 1915 eastern anatolia is ottoman land and after 1915 It is ottoman land.

If we are talking about nations we cannot screw politics. Anyway, ROA is not even accepting border of Turkey so It would be not healty to talk about opening borders when you are not accepting them..

No. Infact, We dont have healty relation because of our conflict with ROA and Your conflicts with azeris.. It has no relation with officials..

You are 50% right I am materialist when It comes to national politic.(%50 wrong, I am not girl.)

You should also become materialist when It comes to politic of your nation. This is how you survive...

No they dont. They are emotional..
              Looking for weak spots (holes) in a persons argument unfortunately doesn't make your case any stronger.
              First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

I did not say It has relation with AG. I just said, Turks can live at that bloody lands.

Comment

Blinded by lies, indifference, busy with the demands of modern living or mild curiosity? Possibly a bit of each but definitely not the immense preoccupation you guys have.
                  What’s this major preoccupation? Fighting for justice? If so, you’re right, and that’s what we will always fight for unlike your gov. who has the biggest preoccupation … killing our past and our present!

Blamed by who? Is that meant to be an apocalyptic threat? Regardless, my conscious is perfectly clear.
                  I don’t know how your conscience can be clear when you remember the fact that your grandfathers raped and burned my people. If your consciousness is clear then you’re simply sick. How can you be so artificially indifferent? Your people, and you at one point most definitely, denied everything that happened. Doesn’t that bother you? You’ve done much more, by the way, just a quick wake up call.

The second part of your comment is just disgraceful. It's the equivalent of me saying: when I look at the Armenian majority. Traitors and infidels. Period. It's perpetuating a racist mindset and it's beneath me to engage in such discussions.
                  That’s not what I meant. What I meant was that AT THE MOMENT, and for the past 100 years, you and your people have been liars and cowards directly and/or indirectly. If you all accept what happened, you won’t be the cowards your grandparents were. That’s what I’m saying and I would be happier then anyone else to see that happen. And just a pointer, you can’t say we were traitors because we WEREN’T. Your nation on the other hand was filled with cowards who still, even after 94 years show their cowardice. I am not happy about this, don’t get the wrong picture!

Forgiven by whom? Are you ordained to forgive?
                  As I said before, I refuse to sit in judgement of the actions of an event or persons from nearly 100 years ago. If they did wrong then it should have been dealt with at the time. It is nonsense to pass burden around like some olympic torch batton.
                  You didn’t read my post, AGAIN, it seems. Oh well, here we go again. YES, we are the ones that must forgive YOU and YOUR PEOPLE. Your nation is the criminal … we are the victim. A kindergartener could understand what I’m saying … CLEARLY. Read my posts AGAIN and you might start to understand what I’m saying. I’ve said it all as clearly as I could.

That's a myth. Somethings will certainly be forgotten, every wound will heal ... eventually. No hate, pain, love, anger can last for an eternity. At this moment you choose not to forget or to heal, that's a personal choice of each and every Armenian. Some people enjoy inflicting self pain, anger etc. The mind is a complex beast.
                  Tell me about it, that’s the kind of beast within the heart of your gov. and many of your people! We know that beast very well, don’t worry. And no, some things are never forgotten. That’s not a myth. It's only a myth for people like you. You will understand that one day. Some things do last forever. Death doesn’t take everything away. But why am I going deeper into this topic, you couldn’t even understand the basic posts I posted. Let’s go back to them, shall we?

And who will collect this supposed debt?
                  Who do you think??? I didn’t expect such a primitive question from you!

An accessory to the crime, Saco. But aren't you just confirming my point? The law will never prosecute the grandchild of the criminal. So what if the grandchild denies or proclaims the innocence of his predecessors. Does that also make it complicit in the crime? You can pass a moral judgement on that child but under law you will never hold them responsible or ask for compensation. Just like know, if Armenia felt it had a viable case it could try its luck in the International Court in the Hague. You'll probably be laughed out of court though.
                  Oh, don’t worry, that’s coming very soon. Stay tuned. And to answer your question.

1. The grandchild doesn’t only deny the past but destroys everything that belonged to us.
                  2. Enjoys our money.
                  3. Continues a modern genocide.
                  4. Hides the truth in inhumane ways.

ETC. Do you NOW FINALLY SEE why your people still continue to be blamed or should I start at a more intermediate level? I said all this a hundred times already for God sakes.

Where I come from, every man/woman is responsible for their own actions and deeds.
                  And where everyone else comes from, there are REAL laws. And you know what, I love your law actually. According to it then, so many Turks need to be trialed because they continue what their ancestors started. So let’s go to court, Turks. Are you ready? And again, I’m not saying YOU alone or personally have to stand in court. The grandchildren won’t pay the same price their grandfathers would have to pay … but they will pay, nonetheless, especially for what they’ve been doing after the AG … for the last 94 years. You seem to think that everything ended in 1923. Everything BEGAN after 1923. Remember that.

Your surviving predecessors should have taken the necessary action for restitution at the appropriate time against those individually responsible, some did with assasinations. But it's not my fault the majority had collective amnesia or lacked the will to do it then.
                  They were trying but its kinda hard taking necessary steps forward when more then ¾ of your people are dead! Your nation began to hide everything and for that reason we had a hard time doing anything serious. If everything stopped then, you would be able to freely live your lives. But everything continued and still goes on today. Even a kid can understand what I’m saying so I hope you do as well.

Maybe there is a lot I don't know, perhaps you will enlighten me. Or just maybe you've been fed the dreams and lies about what's out there. Have you ever heard of El Dorado?
                  Could you please describe those lies and dreams please because so far the only lies and dreams that I know of are flying out of your country … the pan turanic dream being one of them ... the El Dorado of your people! (Keep Dreaming, by the way)
                  THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

But honorable Gul was saying that on April 15 on the remembrance of the Armenian Genocide day, Pres. Obama neglected to mention the Turks and Islam people that lost their lives in 1915 also. I just don't know whether he's referring to Turks who lost their lives trying to save Armenians, or just the Turks that died fighting a losing war with the axis powers against the Allied powers.He doesn't make that clear; in-fact he doesn't make many things clear.I thought Pres. Obama was very clear.Turks must come to terms with the secret history of this current Turkish republic, and give its government the courage to remove laws against the freedom of thought and speech.
                    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

I don’t know how your conscience can be clear when you remember the fact that your grandfathers raped and burned my people. If your consciousness is clear then you’re simply sick. How can you be so artificially indifferent? Your people, and you at one point most definitely, denied everything that happened. Doesn’t that bother you? You’ve done much more, by the way, just a quick wake up call.

)
                      He's grandpa most likely did nothing wrong except, accepting the denial because of material gains.When they were deported or escaped from the Balkans fleeing religious prosecution they were put in to Armenian victims homes and property.
                      Last edited by Gavur; 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM. Reason: spelling
                      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Working...
                      X