Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    Wow! All this because I have STARTED my argument with a sentence that you considered answered???? Did your reply to Karo completely answer my argument? NO.

What about the rest of the post?

With all due respect, you are becoming unreasonable and absurd.

Good Night! (La nuit porte conseil! )
    The reply to Karo's post not only answered his post but it answered your question on why it matters on what they thought. On top of that I wanted to speak in Armenian about the issue at hand (which I mentioned earlier). I don't want to be too pushy but I need to know. Can you only read transliterated Armenian (written in Latin letters or can you read both). I cannot write Armenian in transliteration because it's really confusing sometimes but I can definitly read it and understand it. And I don't see how it's that absurd or unreasonable. If you understand what I said then it should only take you about 5 minutes to give me a summary of what I wrote. If you can't write in Armenian then just P.M. me a tranlation in English. I don't see any point in arguing (stating opinions) with you if you don't even understand what I wrote down so I need to know.
    Last edited by sev_zeytun; 05-06-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
      Ես չեմ ասում որ իրանց շատ սիրենք կամ իրանք մեզի շատ հարգեն բայց կարողա իրանք չեն մտածի նույն ճեւը Հայերի մասին: Կարողա Հայերի հետ կը հաւատան Ցէղասպանությունի մասին (սաղ Թուրքերը չե -- բայց կարողա ավելի շատ): Ես գիդեմ որ շատ վատ Թուրքեր կան այս աշխարում բայց մի քանի հատ կա որ Հայերի հետ հաւատում էն: Էս Թուրքերը չեն գանգատարկում որովհետեւ իրանց կառաւարությունը չի թողում և շատ մարդ չկա որ իրանց հետ համաձայնում է -- չ՞ե: Բայց որ Հայեր լինեն Թուրքիայում դե կարողա իրանք կարան Թուրքերի կարծիկները փոխեն և աւելի շատ Թուրք կը պաշպանի իրանց (էն Թուրքերին որ հաւատում էն Ցէխասպանությունի հետ): Կը ներես. ես չուզեցի Թուրքերի դեմը ասեի և ճիշտ չասեցի անգլերենով:
      Kneres vor Angleren grem, baic "it's important for turks to know just how we feel about them".

Why, because no amount of good will on our part will change a thing, concerning justice by the state of turkey. See, even those turks today who are relatively pro-Armenian, who know and feel that they're being bullxxxxted to, will not raise a finger to take the loot appropriated by their country and return it to us, no matter how many Armenian folk concerts are played in turkey. The reasons is that all turks upon becoming adults come into inheritance of the turkish blind superior nationalistic culture. You know, "I'm a turk, I'm most hardworking deepxxxx in the world, blah blah blah". The most a turk, even one who says he loves Armenians and Armenian culture, will give us is a "fake" consolation, a facade. The point is turkey right now is on a decade long plan, that's been in implementation since 30s and 40s, to "weather" out the storm of Armenian anger and resentment, all the while eradicating the Armenian traces in Anatolia, until, they hope, enough time will pass that Armenians will forget or forgive and the crime will go unpunished.

So, your idea of Armenians living in turkey making a difference in turkey's anti-Armenian stance is quite honestly very naive. If turkey didn't awake from the madness 10, 20 years after the Genocide, when the rivers were still red, and did something right for a change, do you honestly think they're going to do it now. Think about it, there are still Armenians now in turkey who are yet to take a righteous stance in this struggle. The reason is because it is impossible for a minority to "peacefully" and yet drastically influence the majority and the nation, which is for and by the majority, especially if the majority could take a big hit as a result. More likely is the opposite that majority will influence the minority, which is what's happening in turkey today.
      Last edited by karoaper; 05-06-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I understand what you mean but Armenian's, back then, were so weak that they didn't say very much in protest. It's not the same now. And on top of that these Armenian's show that the Turkish government has been lying to them their whole lives. Don't you think that the turkish people would realize that 'hmmm...this person was Turkish 2 days ago but now he says he has Armenian liniage....I need to think about this... what's going on...' A lot of Armenians in Turkey did not realize they were anything but Turkish for a long time but what will happen when more and more will pop up? what will the general public think? And what will happen when the opinion of the general public changes?

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
          A lot of Armenians in Turkey did not realize they were anything but Turkish for a long time but what will happen when more and more will pop up? what will the general public think? And what will happen when the opinion of the general public changes?
          Well, since being Armenian is an "insult" in Turkey, they won't really care, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
            I would also be scared if, each time I looked into a mirror, I saw in my face a biological mask to hide and conceal the identity of the Central Asian thief who killed and looted the owners of my house?
            I would also be scared if, each time I looked at my ID Card, I saw (Latin) characters meant to hide and conceal the identity of the Central Asian thief who killed and looted the owners of the lands.
            You should go to a doctor.

Comment

Sev zeytun, why do you discuss these issues that much complicated, just say that "I hate Turks, they are bla bla bla" like Siamanto and go on.

Comment

I really don’t understand… what’s the fantasy of being in unwanted places? You( Turks) were not welcome in Anatolia, yet you invaded... the EU locks up its doors, you attempt to enter from the window... and now… invading Armenian forums... Leave the humanity alone...
                Last edited by Lucin; 05-06-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  I really don’t understand… what’s the fantasy of being in unwanted places? You( Turks) were not welcome in Anatolia, yet you invaded... the EU locks up its doors, you attempt to enter from the window... and now… invading Armenian forums... Leave the humanity alone...
                  Leave Tehran to Persians

Comment

Originally posted by exfo View Post
                    Sev zeytun, why do you discuss these issues that much complicated, just say that "I hate Turks, they are bla bla bla" like Siamanto and go on.
                    Because these are important and complicated issues that some people bypass as if nothing with the excuse that "Turkish people are this and that...." Like I said before, I don't hate people I just dislike some governments.

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա View Post
                      Well, since being Armenian is an "insult" in Turkey, they won't really care, unfortunately.
                      Well, what if it was your co-worker, neighbor, good friend, or even your spouse? Are they going to treat them like dirt too? Even if they know them very well and know that they are not that person (infidel) and don't deserve that kind of treatment? What about their opinions?

Comment

Working...
                      X