Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Parenting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenting

For both men and women, becoming parents is often something done more as a coming of age rite than a carefully thought out choic. Have u ever asked yourself “would I make a good parent? Do I actually like children? Am I comfortable around children?” and the most important question of all, “do I actually want children?”
    We are not doing any favors to child by bringing him into world just so he can have a parent who doesn’t like kids.And i also happen to think that its very immature to have kid solely because u want one.We have to consider childs need before bringing to this word,to have a child because we want that ,totally selfish and immature.
    And another thing that bothers me a lot its society's definition of family and fathers role. Men who adhere to traditional sex roles seem to be emotionally stunted.Ther are not supposed to feel or show off emotions.(take it as a men).
    What child really wants from parents.?? and shell we consider their needs and expectetions before bringing them into this world.
    I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

sleuth, that is awesome, good point and i agree with you completely... we should question before we take action...

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
      sleuth, that is awesome, good point and i agree with you completely... we should question before we take action...
      yup,but whats the fathers role in family,since women have traditionally been the only parents to really raise their children, nurturing has usually been thought of as a feminine characteristic.

Comment

After reading this thread, I want to become a father.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

I believe that a child should be brought into the world only when you feel you are capable of the responsiblity. Child making should be an act of love. If you are not ready to accpet the responsibilities then men, keep your d**k in your pants and ladies, keep your legs closed. As sick as it might sound it is the truth. Children are gifts.

Comment

I don't think anyone is ever ready to be a parent.
            AND
            Both parents play an important role in their child's life, but a certain parent's role might not be what the child needs.
            I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              After reading this thread, I want to become a father.

How can i help you???

Comment

sleuth... there is great and boring reading on this subject in the area of Antropology... but i can attempt to tell you what the fathers role is...

in every culture it is different... for us Armos it is to be a good role model and show your strength and your wizdom... you think of your father as a man who is smart, capable, and a provider, so if oyu want to continue this then go for it... but if you feel that and sometimes men do feel that it is not fare that women get to have all the fame here, then you should try changing the baby's diper more often and staying up at night with the baby more often... and when the kid is ready to go to school, YOU take the kid to school and YOU take off time from work to watch over the kid when he/she is sick...

as far as teaching your kid what is right or wrong, well that isnt your job exactly, it is everyone in your family and you have to remember, that kid is born with a personality already, and they are forming their opinion on what they believe, so you can and should be their provider, their firend, and their guardian...

i guess the only madical thing i said there is that all this parenting role stuff is culturally defined for us already... but thats a damn good theory...

so i suggest reading about this in antropology books usually they are titled like "gender roles in modern society" or something like that...

good luck

Comment

anthropology ? boreing? OMG u must be confused!!
                  its the most fascinating ever..well maybe depends on who ure aking the class with and where... i certainly loved anthro and everythign i learned in that class.

Comment

angelik, i am certainly not confused... now your statement was a little confusing beacuse you seem to disagree with me at first by saying that i am confused, then you agree by saying that you loved anthro... i took an anthro class that was specifically on GENDER ROLES... and so it discussed the Margret Mead theory of cultures shaping the roles we take as women and men in thsi world...

and that is that

Comment

Working...
                    X