Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Armenian tribalism starts from the family structure that is the most sacrate entity. Parents have a specific behavioral knowledge in keeping the family structure united. Once all of the needs of the Armenian family is served comes the serving of the Armenian identity. Rarely the individual needs are served in this tribalistic structure. Comparing tribalistic newer migrant groups like Armenians, Joos, Koreans, Japanese to the pre melted pot of mostly Europeans and their behavior is the clash in question.... be it sex, or persuing of “happiness”. The pre melted pot of “Americans” have ONE interest in mind that is the happiness and success of the INDIVIDUAL itself, family and identity are almost none existent today. Armenians in the Diaspora will have to make the decision where they stand in this equation. Healthy groups that do survive like the Amish (example) have the same principals that are common all over the world. We don't need religion to teach us the obvious.

Comment

rarechik, there's more to life than worrying about how much others think and go about their sex lives. You think guys have sex every day, and there are exceptions to this rule? What kind of thinking is that? Perhaps most guys might pursue sex every day, many of those days in vain.

But who cares, I enjoy life more by not pursuing it, except when I'm talking to someone who tells me they're interested in me and I feel the same about them.

As a consequence, I feel more relaxed and a lot of these sexual pressures you're feeling that you're taking out on "Armenian mentality" is not that important in my life. I also find that when young women dress casually, with a slightly conservative tone to it, not matter how pretty they may be, the eyes and stares of guys all around change accordingly and stop considering her so much as eye candy, but rather, a pretty face at best, and this in turn might affect the comfort level of the lady and help her think about better things than what kind of sexual thoughts are going on in her society, and sexual standards, etc.... Perhaps you should look into it if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
        rarechik, there's more to life than worrying about how much others think and go about their sex lives. You think guys have sex every day, and there are exceptions to this rule? What kind of thinking is that? Perhaps most guys might pursue sex every day, many of those days in vain.

But who cares, I enjoy life more by not pursuing it, except when I'm talking to someone who tells me they're interested in me and I feel the same about them.

As a consequence, I feel more relaxed and a lot of these sexual pressures you're feeling that you're taking out on "Armenian mentality" is not that important in my life. I also find that when young women dress casually, with a slightly conservative tone to it, not matter how pretty they may be, the eyes and stares of guys all around change accordingly and stop considering her so much as eye candy, but rather, a pretty face at best, and this in turn might affect the comfort level of the lady and help her think about better things than what kind of sexual thoughts are going on in her society, and sexual standards, etc.... Perhaps you should look into it if you haven't already.
        This post is not about ME or my frustrations...it's about our community mostly in the US...What all of u guys need to understand who are jumping from one end to the other is that nobody is sitting down an worrying about sex, this is a forum, so u conversate here...if someone is frustrated they would go to a therapist or someone..not come and post a message on a forum...This is a discussion...The reason y I posted this is to know the opinions of some armenians in our community because I am doing research about this...and there are some aspects that I need to know...Most of the aspects I didnt get answers on but some I did. I dont post stuff to argue my viewpoint...funny thing is my viewpint wasnt even on the post...i needed some opinions and answers...BTW for those of u that think just cuz i posted this means im promiscuous ...ur wrong...just because someone is talking about it and bringin up questions some of u dont agree with doesnt mean that he/she is promiscuous...u guys need to stop jumping to conclusions

Neways...Thank you guys for ur answers...more answers are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
          The reason y I posted this is to know the opinions of some armenians in our community because I am doing research about this...
          Okay, in that case, here is my opinion.

I believe if two people love each other -- and I don't mean movie love -- where you really like somebody but once you glance at other guy/girl, you fall in love again. I mean true love, it exists, maybe some people might not agree, and I wouldn't have either two years ago but I'm talking about love.

If two people love each other, they will do whatever their other half suggets. That means if the girl tells the guy (whether or not the guy is a virgin) that she wants to wait until marriage, the guy should agree, no question. There should be no talk of him cheating because she's not having sex with him or anthing else. That just means it's not love and it was founded on NOTHING. This work vice versa, obviously.

As I said, I know many guys/girls who are waiting for marriage and they are not necessarily Armenian. I know many families who sit and talk to their kids about sex and all that junk. I also know many families who haven't slipped a word about sex to their kids. Guess what? It doesn't matter. Most parents these days know nothing about parenting. These decisions are going to be left up to our generation of Armenian guys and girls. More likely than not, they are going to pick up things they see on TV, magazines and what they witness from friends.

I don't care who you are, if you're hanging out with the wrong group of people, chances are you will end up going the wrong things. I speak from experience; I've seen people get torn apart in the real world, not because that's their character but because of their circle of friends. With that said, there are genuine people who look for love, find it, and wait for marriage. If people think like you do with the mentality of "It would be great if people waited for marriage, but it's not happening" then yes, people won't be waiting for marriage. People think love is impossible to find and every guy/girl they meet will have already had sex. The fact is do as you wish and if you are goodhearted and looking for what I just talked about; it will find you. If not, there are plenty of the other types of girls out there. Good luck.

Comment

"If two people love each other, they will do whatever their other half suggets."

Do you think if the other half suggests that they should have sex, then they should do it?

Comment

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
              "If two people love each other, they will do whatever their other half suggets."

Do you think if the other half suggests that they should have sex, then they should do it?
              Let me paint you a little picture to make this easier.

The boy says, let's have sex. So what your saying is, if they love each other, they should do it. If the girl says, no, I'm waiting for marriage, then they should wait. If the guy loves her enough, he'd choose LOVE over SEX. If the girl doesn't care about waiting and knows she'll end up with him and may as well have sex, then they can do as they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                Let me paint you a little picture to make this easier.

The boy says, let's have sex. So what your saying is, if they love each other, they should do it. If the girl says, no, I'm waiting for marriage, then they should wait. If the guy loves her enough, he'd choose LOVE over SEX. If the girl doesn't care about waiting and knows she'll end up with him and may as well have sex, then they can do as they wish.

No. those r not my words...im only asking about ur statment when you said If 2 ppl love each other then then the other half should do what the other one suggests.

"So what your saying is, if they love each other,"

I am not saying nething...I asked u about ur statement

unless ur statment is just reffered to the girl or the guy suggesting they wait...it just sounded general..thats y i asked u that

Comment

Well, it's obvious, if one wants to have sex and the other doesn't, they should realize they need to wait because one of them doesn't wish to have sex.

Comment

would u consider the girl a xxxx is she didnt wait until marriage ...but she was in a serious relationship...in love(real love) and theyve been together for years or even 1 or 2?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X