Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
    At what point does someone become a "slut"?
    In the Real World or reality?

P.S. In the Real World perceptions, gossip, rumors, calumny etc. matter most; reality is about facts.
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
      When will the girls get to choose? The times when the girl has to sit at home and be pure and wait for a guy to approve of her is over. If you are a girl, take charge of your life, do whatever you want to do, and don't be too worried about the approval/disapproval of some guy with "tradditional" issues which in this day and age don't really mean anything.

Also, sex is waaaaaaaay overblown and too dramatized. It's really not that big a deal anymore. If you haven't lived under a rock, aren't doing STUPID things to impair your rational judgement (like drink heavily and do drugs), then the physical risks from sex can be very minimal. The emotional risks are also something you'll learn to live with but the best way is to live rather than to wait in fear of "what if".
      This is the typical response I give to girls that I'm trying to sleep with

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post

P.S. In the Real World perceptions, gossip, rumors, calumny etc. matter most; reality is about facts.
        Can you expand on that a little bit? I don't do the whole esoteric thing where I get to psychically guess what Siamanto is trying allude to.

But just to cover both bases, usually this word is pejorative and refers to women who are promiscuous. But I think this label applies to men just as well and I think it was Chaucer that used it first in the context of "xxxxtish" to refer to a male, although I could be mistaken.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd View Post
          This is the typical response I give to girls that I'm trying to sleep with
          Obviously you have the tremendous advantage of being "choosable".

Men that tend to insist the "traditional" ways must be preserved are often very insecure (and more often than not, rightly so) in that (1), the girl may end up not choosing them if she actually had the power to choose, and (2) they would not measure up to the girl's past experiences.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Can you expand on that a little bit? I don't do the whole esoteric thing where I get to psychically guess what Siamanto is trying allude to.
            I did not know that distinguishing facts from perceptions, gossip, rumors, calumny was still considered as "esoteric" by some, and/or it may be necessary to "expand" on the necessity to do so - i.e. distinguish - when examining/judging a person??? Let's imagine a legal system where the Actors - i.e. prosecutors, judges, lawyers etc. - fail to do so - i.e. distinguish; the idea scares me. How about a Human Community?

But just to cover both bases, usually this word is pejorative and refers to women who are promiscuous. But I think this label applies to men just as well and I think it was Chaucer that used it first in the context of "xxxxtish" to refer to a male, although I could be mistaken.
            What bases?
            In any case, a definition - whether correct or not - does not address the question that I've raised.
            Last edited by Siamanto; 06-20-2008, 10:16 AM.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

I did not know that distinguishing facts from perceptions, gossip, rumors, calumny was still considered as "esoteric" by some, and/or it may be necessary to "expand" on the necessity to do so - i.e. distinguish - when examining/judging a person??? Let's imagine a legal system where the Actors - i.e. prosecutors, judges, lawyers etc. - fail to do so - i.e. distinguish; the idea scares me. How about a Human Community?

What bases?
              In any case, a definition - whether correct or not - does not address the question that I've raised.
              You have not raised any question. I've asked for a simple discussion and clarification and all you do, as usual, is dance around in Siamanto fashion and provide more amusing witticisms. It seems impossible to discuss with you when all you do is engage in an esoteric discussion whereby we have to deduce and perceive and psychically attempt to deconstruct the possible simple meaning which may lie behind your overly symbolic posts. Seriously, settle down, you are not Foucault or Nietzsche or some such philosopher where you have to speak in tongues and codes for us laymen to decipher you.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                Men that tend to insist the "traditional" ways must be preserved are often very insecure (and more often than not, rightly so) in that (1), the girl may end up not choosing them if she actually had the power to choose, and (2) they would not measure up to the girl's past experiences.
                By old tradition, I implied women staying conserved, respecting themselves, remaining virgins, etc; not necessarily that their parents got to choose the man.

And the girls that are able to do this have that many more men to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd View Post
                  By old tradition, I implied women staying conserved, respecting themselves, remaining virgins, etc; not necessarily that their parents got to choose the man.

And the girls that are able to do this have that many more men to choose from.

So if the girl loses her virginity loses her self respect? but guys lose their virginity and they don't lose their self respect? u think this is logical?

if so wat do u base it on? if a girl(random) loves sex more than a guy(random) then why shouldnt she experience it...is it cuz she's not a male or in ur mind females are not suppose to be sexually active till theyre married?

Comment

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
                    So if the girl loses her virginity loses her self respect? but guys lose their virginity and they don't lose their self respect? u think this is logical?

if so wat do u base it on? if a girl(random) loves sex more than a guy(random) then why shouldnt she experience it...is it cuz she's not a male or in ur mind females are not suppose to be sexually active till theyre married?
                    You're missing the whole point. Stop trying to pick dumb arguments. The whole idea behind a girl being a virgin is the mindset that goes along with it, which some virgin women lack (they take it up the ass, give head, and have been with many more guys than lets say a girl who has only been with 1 or 2 boyfriends and isn't a virgin).

In the end, it's all about securing a safe, long lasting marriage with normal kids, and lowering the chances of falling into the 50+% divorce rate statistics.

Also, women have much better orgasms, and generally enjoy sex MUCH more than men. So if a woman enjoys the little games guys play (common in women who have been with many men) to the point where she MAY cheat on her man at some time in her life she obviously won't be a good choice for a wife. And some of the more desirable guys are the ones who can afford to be more picky and get rid of a girl when they're ready to be serious, and think there may be a risk of cheating sometime in the future, or simply because she has been with one too many guys.

Comment

You have not raised any question.
                      Are you telling me that you're unable to spot the question in:

I've asked for a simple discussion and clarification and all you do, as usual, is dance around in Siamanto fashion and provide more amusing witticisms.
                      And I've asked for a simple clarification, I see no need to make a fuss.

It seems impossible to discuss with you when
                      You were asked for a simple clarification, but made a huge fuss; yet, it's impossible to discuss with me????

all you do is engage in an esoteric discussion whereby we have to deduce and perceive and psychically attempt to deconstruct the possible simple meaning which may lie behind your overly symbolic posts.
                      Esoteric?????
                      As I said in my previous post:
                      "I did not know that distinguishing facts from perceptions, gossip, rumors, calumny was still considered as "esoteric" by some, and/or it may be necessary to "expand" on the necessity to do so - i.e. distinguish - when examining/judging a person??? Let's imagine a legal system where the Actors - i.e. prosecutors, judges, lawyers etc. - fail to do so - i.e. distinguish; the idea scares me. How about a Human Community?"

Seriously, settle down, you are not Foucault or Nietzsche or some such philosopher where you have to speak in tongues and codes for us laymen to decipher you.
                      Should there be an authority that decides how and in what terms a person should approach and analyze a subject matter?
                      I'm sorry if it seems too complicated for you to "decipher" the simple question that I've raised, but I don't see legitimate reasons to unreasonably oversimplify my views.
                      Last edited by Siamanto; 06-22-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X