Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Relationship "Problem"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
    If it's any consolation, I'm on your side Sad_Eyes. I'm of the belief that to live is to suffer, and to find strength in the suffering. There's no question you two should not be together. Is that a cruel reality? yes. But that doesn't mean it's not worth being heartbroken over and in need of a shoulder to cry on. Life is suffering.. and sacrafice.
    What the heck have you been smoking, kid? To live is to suffer? Not so much. Life gives you sh!t sometimes but it is also great. But noooo, all the other times when life is grand we totally forget about, believe me they totally make up for the sh!t you have to get through. Get thrown a curveball and you should practice to be a better hitter, not run cowering away and claim life is too hard and tough and cruel. Please!

What do you mean there's no question they should not be together? If they are both in love with each other; if they brighten each others lives by being there for each other; if they have as much fun when they are out doing something together as when they are sitting together quietly each doing his/her own thing, thinking his/her own thoughts; if they can't imagine what their life would be if the other wasn't in it, in whatever capacity, be it friend, girl/boyfriend, or wife/husband; if they learn to compromise and give a little to each other and take a little from each other and be willing to sacrifice things for each other (like, for example, stand up to naysayers who think something like being Armenian or not should get in the way of being in love and together) and learn from each other, these are the things that prove they should be together. Not the fact that he is Armenian and she is not.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
      Since when is YOUR theory the truth? O mighty Anonymouse?

ckBejug- I think you are right, a trail seperation would be a good way for him to make up his mind. Yes, I know we cant always get what we want. And I know I am young to be thinking about marriage. But I want to make something clear, I do not want to marry him NOW. I want to marry him yes, with all my heart, however I am thinking about into the future. And yes, I am aware that I cannot plan the future for myself. Thats in God hands not mine, however I do have wishes and desires for it. And marrying Levon is one of them.
      Of course you can plan your own future. It is your will and strength that get you through the sad thoughts enough to do well in school, do decide what you want to do with your life, to decide where you want to work, what you want to do, and who you want to end up with. God may have written the outline (according to some people) but it's your job to fill in the blanks and make your life as rich or as dreary-bare as you want it to be. Like I said, if he knows everything you're feeling right now, the next thing to do is give him some space. He won't be able to make a decision if you're there hounding him about it or even not saying anything about it. First, he has to decide if he loves you enough to shut out the disagreeable voices like his fathers who demand he marry an Armenian girl. If he can do that much, then it shows that he is in this for the right reasons. No one is asking him to promise to marry you. All you want to know is that he could possibly want to be with you enough to do what he wants to and not what others want him to do. Everything else you figure out as time goes on. however, it's definitely a bad idea to continue this relationship if he tells you, after you've said all this that you feel to him, that he can't marry a non-Armenian girl. Then you have your answer and the time comes for getting over it and moving on to something better that you definitely deserve.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
        The questions is not if he WANTS to marry her but if he COULD marry. And his answer is NO it could never happen, because of something she can't change about herself. I don't see any room for improvement here.
        Does she really want to marry somone after begging and pleading?
        There is no difference between WANTS and COULD when it comes to making a mature adult decision regarding you love life. Given the fact that his father is not the one who will have to marry, make a life, have kids, and grow old with this woman, it is definitely right to say his father has no say in the situation. It is his decision to make and his alone. If he didn't think he would have any capacity to marry a non-Armenian, why put himself and her in this situation in the first place? If he did in fact do that, he doesn't deserve a happily-ever-after, he deserves a swift kick in the ass and a goodbye.

Comment

OMG! THE WORLD IS SUCH AN AWFUL PLACE. What do we do? Are all girls hoes? Does my bf wanna marry me? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know. Let's all drink cyanide now.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            OMG! THE WORLD IS SUCH AN AWFUL PLACE. What do we do? Are all girls hoes? Does my bf wanna marry me? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know. Let's all drink cyanide now.
            If you don't know where to pick up some cyanide, bleach works just as well. Good luck mousy. <--- mourning for the bleach-death of mousey.

p.s. Mousey has had stuff that he complained about too. Perhaps not to an entire forum, but to someone out there. So methinks he should not be so quick to make someone elses pain seem so trivial. So there!

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
              If you don't know where to pick up some cyanide, bleach works just as well. Good luck mousy. <--- mourning for the bleach-death of mousey.

p.s. Mousey has had stuff that he complained about too. Perhaps not to an entire forum, but to someone out there. So methinks he should not be so quick to make someone elses pain seem so trivial. So there!
              Mousy is vulnerable? Pray tell!
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                Mousy is vulnerable? Pray tell!
                You have any juicy gossip? I was just assuming he might have complained about something to someone at some point in his life. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                  You have any juicy gossip? I was just assuming he might have complained about something to someone at some point in his life. lol.
                  I thought he complained to you!
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
                    Um yeah. He thinks you're good enough to xxxx but not to make a life with. And you're sad about having to break up with him? Yeah I have it all wrong silly me...
                    That's a horrible thing to say.

sad _eyes, if things are or going to get very confusing between you and your boyfriend, then maybe you two just need a break from each other for a while. If both of you absolutely can't stay apart from each other, then you guys really are in love. To make this situation easier, just ask yourself if you're ready to get married and that you actually want to marry your boyfriend right now. When you guys are both ready to get married and will want to get married, Armenian or not, it will not matter. I wish you the best of luck in this. Yes, this situation can be such a pain in the buzzum.
                    I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                      I thought he complained to you!
                      Nope, that was definitely just a presumptuous joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X