Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vaccinations (Countering the misinformation of Anti-Vaxx Movement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vaccinations (Anti-Vaxx Movement)

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    I posted references for efficacy. It is effective.
    I know, but my car insurance is also supposed to be a reflection of my superior driving record but alas... they still bend me over the table because they can.

I'm not saying it's not at all helpful, I'm just saying I'll play the odds and pass it onto someone who believes they need it. I'll stick to OJ, chicken soup and my bottle of scope whitening (with peroxide) for the soar throat.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I know, but my car insurance is also supposed to be a reflection of my superior driving record but alas... they still bend me over the table because they can.

I'm not saying it's not at all helpful, I'm just saying I'll play the odds and pass it onto someone who believes they need it. I'll stick to OJ, chicken soup and my bottle of scope whitening (with peroxide) for the soar throat.
      Again... Car insurance? O_o

That's fine, you don't have to get vaccinated.
      It's the elderly and children who benefit most anyway.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Again... Car insurance? O_o

That's fine, you don't have to get vaccinated.
        It's the elderly and children who benefit most anyway.
        Should we go onto discussing other vaccines as well... perhaps polio?

SV40 and the Public Health

Despite the government’s foot dragging, in the last several years, scientists from around the world have made startling and disturbing discoveries. They have found SV40 antibodies in a significant percentage of people including children who were too young to receive the SV40 contaminated vaccines of the early 1960’s.[81] They have also discovered that cancers with SV40 are less likely to be responsive to chemotherapy and radiation because SV40 interferes with the genes necessary for cancer cells to die when they are exposed to chemo or radiation therapy.[82]

The Institute of Medicine Report

In July 2002, the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine (IOM) Immunization Safety Committee convened a study into SV40 and cancer which culminated in a report published in October 2002. According to the IOM report “SV40 Contamination of Polio Vaccine and Cancer”:

http://www.sv40foundation.org/CPV-link.html
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Should we go onto discussing other vaccines as well... perhaps polio?

SV40 and the Public Health

Despite the government’s foot dragging, in the last several years, scientists from around the world have made startling and disturbing discoveries. They have found SV40 antibodies in a significant percentage of people including children who were too young to receive the SV40 contaminated vaccines of the early 1960’s.[81] They have also discovered that cancers with SV40 are less likely to be responsive to chemotherapy and radiation because SV40 interferes with the genes necessary for cancer cells to die when they are exposed to chemo or radiation therapy.[82]

The Institute of Medicine Report

In July 2002, the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine (IOM) Immunization Safety Committee convened a study into SV40 and cancer which culminated in a report published in October 2002. According to the IOM report “SV40 Contamination of Polio Vaccine and Cancer”:

http://www.sv40foundation.org/CPV-link.html
          I wish you'd cite the IOM report directly. This sv40foundation is not a scientific source.

It still remains that even if a batch of the vaccine from 1962 was contaminated with SV40, the rest of our vaccines have been safe, particularly the childhood vaccines and influenza ones the antix-vaxxers are against. The vaccine was brand new in '62 and early in our history of vaccine development. Medicine has never been perfect (we need only look back a measly 50 years or so to see that), but it does better than doing nothing. We've made huge improvements; life expectancy has increased and countless diseases and illnesses that were not treatable are now completely preventable and/or treatable.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I wish you'd cite the IOM report directly. This sv40foundation is not a scientific source.

It still remains that even if a batch of the vaccine from 1962 was contaminated with SV40, the rest of our vaccines have been safe, particularly the childhood vaccines and influenza ones the antix-vaxxers are against. The vaccine was brand new in '62 and early in our history of vaccine development. Medicine has never been perfect (we need only look back a measly 50 years or so to see that), but it does better than doing nothing. We've made huge improvements; life expectancy has increased and countless diseases and illnesses that were not treatable are now completely preventable and/or treatable.
            I prefer independent sources and sources from legal activists.... all the required research and information is in the footnotes.

Oh, and according to the claims...

"This foundation was created by Raphaele and Michael Horwin, parents of Alexander Horwin. Alexander was born on June 7, 1996. He was administered the oral polio vaccine in November 1997. On August 10, 1998, Alexander was diagnosed with a malignant brain cancer, medulloblastoma. Alexander died on January 31, 1999.

Four independent laboratories (Baylor College of Medicine, University of Chicago, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Temple University) used DNA testing (Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)) or laser micro-dissection to test Alexander’s tumor for the presence of SV40. Every lab found that the tumor tissue contained the virus."

Alexander’s parents were tested for SV40 by two independent laboratories (Baylor College of Medicine, University of Wales) using a number of PCR tests. All tests demonstrated that the parents did not carry the virus."
            Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-22-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I prefer independent sources and sources from legal activists.... all the required research and information is in the footnotes.

Oh, and according to the claims...

"This foundation was created by Raphaele and Michael Horwin, parents of Alexander Horwin. Alexander was born on June 7, 1996. He was administered the oral polio vaccine in November 1997. On August 10, 1998, Alexander was diagnosed with a malignant brain cancer, medulloblastoma. Alexander died on January 31, 1999.

Four independent laboratories (Baylor College of Medicine, University of Chicago, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Temple University) used DNA testing (Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)) or laser micro-dissection to test Alexander’s tumor for the presence of SV40. Every lab found that the tumor tissue contained the virus."

Alexander’s parents were tested for SV40 by two independent laboratories (Baylor College of Medicine, University of Wales) using a number of PCR tests. All tests demonstrated that the parents did not carry the virus."
              These parents are not independent, nor are legal activists. The scientific sources report on data. What you cite is a single case. It could be argued that he could have gotten the virus elsewhere. That is why we require science. Because they can examine the rates of virus in those who got the vaccine and those who didn't, then delve deeper and isolate the batch, as it seems that they did.

I granted the contamination of the batch. It still does not mean that vaccines as a whole are not beneficial. I am arguing the point about scientific sources because they are more reliable than a single case. You think science is evil and it's all a big conspiracy. Yet, if that quote from the IOM report isn't pulled out of context, it appears that lots of scientists got right on the issue to figure out what happened and they were honest about it. Your science paranoia is unjustified and it is at odds with the rest of your beliefs. Unless you don't go to physicians at all, take any medications (OTC or Rx), nor benefit otherwise from anything that science has contributed to (which is an impossibility), your views are hypocritical.

Comment

These parents are not independent, nor are legal activists. The scientific sources report on data. What you cite is a single case. It could be argued that he could have gotten the virus elsewhere. That is why we require science. Because they can examine the rates of virus in those who got the vaccine and those who didn't, then delve deeper and isolate the batch, as it seems that they did.

I granted the contamination of the batch. It still does not mean that vaccines as a whole are not beneficial. I am arguing the point about scientific sources because they are more reliable than a single case. You think science is evil and it's all a big conspiracy. Yet, if that quote from the IOM report isn't pulled out of context, it appears that lots of scientists got right on the issue to figure out what happened and they were honest about it. Your science paranoia is unjustified and it is at odds with the rest of your beliefs. Unless you don't go to physicians at all, take any medications (OTC or Rx), nor benefit otherwise from anything that science has contributed to (which is an impossibility), your views are hypocritical.
                You also require science to create biological weapons which sometimes get mixed up with the batches that are supposed to be given to the public. I guess you just need more world experience as to how the real world works. There are no such thing as conspiracies... they are natural events due to the inherent evils of mankind.

Comment

You also require science to create biological weapons which sometimes get mixed up with the batches that are supposed to be given to the public. I guess you just need more world experience as to how the real world works. There are no such thing as conspiracies... they are natural events due to the inherent evils of mankind.
                  Oh suuuure. I guess I've been living in a different world than you or I just haven't lived enough. I'm sure the few years difference in our ages is the culprit for our incongruent opinions.

Comment

Oh suuuure. I guess I've been living in a different world than you or I just haven't lived enough. I'm sure the few years difference in our ages is the culprit for our incongruent opinions.
                    Do you doubt the existence of biological warfare?

Comment

Do you doubt the existence of biological warfare?
                      Did I say that? We're not talking about biowarfare. You're saying they're mixing it up with things meant for the public? What?! You think they're accidentally sprinkling anthrax in our influenza vaccines?

Comment

Working...
                      X