Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vaccinations (Countering the misinformation of Anti-Vaxx Movement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vaccinations (Anti-Vaxx Movement)

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    Did I say that? We're not talking about biowarfare. You're saying they're mixing it up with things meant for the public? What?! You think they're accidentally sprinkling anthrax in our influenza vaccines?
    Of course not, not unless you're in the military!!

Read the article below and tell me how confident health officials are about ANYTHING! lol

August 16, 2009
    Death link to swine flu vaccine

HEALTH officials have warned doctors of possible similarities between the new swine flu vaccine and a jab linked to 25 deaths in America in the 1970s.

The government’s Health Protection Agency (HPA), said in a letter to neurologists that they needed to look out for increases in cases of a brain disorder that might follow the launch of the immunisation programme.

The letter has been sent because of concerns sparked by studying of the swine flu vaccination campaign in America.

In 1976, Washington rushed in a mass immunisation programme against a swine flu outbreak that was confined to a single military base.

Several hundred cases of a rare, lethal, paralysing neurological disease called Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) were reported afterwards, and although no clear link was ever found to the vaccine, the incident made many people mistrustful of immunisations.

Although the swine flu virus vaccine now close to completion is different from the one used in 1976, the HPA said the earlier incident nevertheless highlighted a possible area of concern.

“The vaccines used to combat an expected swine influenza pandemic in 1976 were shown to be associated with GBS and were withdrawn from use,” Professor Elizabeth Miller, head of the HPA’s immunisation department, wrote in the letter sent last month to neurologists.

“GBS has been identified as a condition needing enhanced surveillance when the swine flu vaccines are rolled out.”

The Department of Health said: “Appropriate trials to assess safety and immune responses have been carried out on vaccines very similar to the swine flu vaccine. The vaccines have been shown to have a good safety profile.”

The World Health Organisation has also said recently that the public should be “reassured” about the safety of the new vaccine. It acknowledged that “genuine adverse events directly caused by the vaccine may also occur, but cannot be predicted in advance”.

The NHS will monitor any possible risks from the vaccine, including a possible connection with GBS.

GlaxoSmithKline is developing the vaccine in Germany for an immunisation programme due to start in October.

Some 9.4m people in England will receive the vaccine if they fall into priority groups, alongside 2.1m frontline health and social care workers. In Scotland 1.4m people in either at-risk groups or working in health and social care will get the jab.

Priority will be given to those aged six months to 65 years in high-risk groups – including those with asthma, diabetes, heart disease, renal disease or with a compromised immune system.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6797993.ece
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-23-2009, 12:53 PM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

You didn't read Dr. Novellas article that I linked did you? He totally addressed this. As of now they expect the GBS risk to be the same as with the seasonal influenza vaccine.

I got my seasonal flu vaccine last week and I just got authorized to receive the N1H1 vaccine. Yay! It should be available in 3 or so weeks.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

You didn't read Dr. Novellas article that I linked did you? He totally addressed this. As of now they expect the GBS risk to be the same as with the seasonal influenza vaccine.

I got my seasonal flu vaccine last week and I just got authorized to receive the N1H1 vaccine. Yay! It should be available in 3 or so weeks.
        There is a shortage and people are waiting in long crowded lines waiting for their vaccines in this weather... I hope they don't spread the swine flu! Then the politicians say everyone should get the vaccine but then there is only enough for like 10% of the population. What a joke.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          There is a shortage and people are waiting in long crowded lines waiting for their vaccines in this weather... I hope they don't spread the swine flu! Then the politicians say everyone should get the vaccine but then there is only enough for like 10% of the population. What a joke.
          I read there will be enough for everyone who wants one. They're just immunizing by risk initially while they make more.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I read there will be enough for everyone who wants one. They're just immunizing by risk initially while they make more.
            So only 10% of the population doesn't have healthy immune systems?

Yet, if that quote from the IOM report isn't pulled out of context, it appears that lots of scientists got right on the issue to figure out what happened and they were honest about it. Your science paranoia is unjustified and it is at odds with the rest of your beliefs. Unless you don't go to physicians at all, take any medications (OTC or Rx), nor benefit otherwise from anything that science has contributed to (which is an impossibility), your views are hypocritical.
            My views are logical, I don't have a science paranoia. I have an awareness of mad scientists and profit seeking organizations who would stomp on their own grandmother for a penny and wouldn't care whether or not their snake oils create autoimmune disorders.
            Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-24-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

So only 10% of the population doesn't have healthy immune systems?
              I don't even know where you got this 10% number, but since you're sticking to it, then you tell me.

First of all the health care providers need it because they have to take care of the sick and then pregnant mothers because they have been most adversely affected so far and the infants can't be vaccinated, so immunized mother can protect baby.
              Then they go from there anyone with immune issues or respiratory issues for instance would need it because this influenza lands people in the hospital with severe respiratory distress (enough to go straight to ICU).

My views are logical, I don't have a science paranoia. I have an awareness of mad scientists and profit seeking organizations who would stomp on their own grandmother for a penny and wouldn't care whether or not their snake oils create autoimmune disorders.
              Thinking that no one is looking out for public safety and there are no safeguards in place is paranoid.

Comment

I don't even know where you got this 10% number, but since you're sticking to it, then you tell me.

First of all the health care providers need it because they have to take care of the sick and then pregnant mothers because they have been most adversely affected so far and the infants can't be vaccinated, so immunized mother can protect baby.
                Then they go from there anyone with immune issues or respiratory issues for instance would need it because this influenza lands people in the hospital with severe respiratory distress (enough to go straight to ICU).
                See the big bold text below 40/300 = 13.33%

Feds ship 2 million doses of swine flu vaccine

Two million doses of the swine flu vaccine have been shipped to the provinces and territories, the federal government announced Monday, with more expected to be ready in the coming days.

The vaccine is in full production by its maker, GlaxoSmithKline, and clinical trials are well underway, Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq told an Ottawa news conference.

"As the vaccine rolls off the production line, it is being shipped to locations across the country," Aglukkaq said. "Of course it will be released once it has completed the approval process, and that process is well underway."

Aglukkaq and Dr. David Butler-Jones, Canada's chief public health officer, would not confirm reports that the government will approve the vaccine within the next few days.

If so, that would mean some Canadians could potentially be vaccinated by the end of the week.

"Given we're within a very short period to the time that we've always talked about being ready before the beginning of November, I think it's important that we get the assurance from the regulator about the confidence in the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine," Butler-Jones said.

Health officials have ordered 50.4 million doses of the H1N1 vaccine, which contains an adjuvant additive, a compound that will make it more effective. Another 1.8 million doses of the vaccine without the adjuvant are also on the way.

This means all Canadians can have access to the vaccine, unlike in the United States, which has only about 40 million doses for a population of 300 million.

There has been some concern about the vaccine containing the adjuvant, because Canada has never approved an adjuvant-containing flu vaccine before.

Butler-Jones described the adjuvant as a natural product of fish oil, water and vitamin E, and said it will allow the vaccine to offer protection even if the H1N1 virus mutates.

"While pregnant women have been encouraged to receive the vaccine that does not contain the adjuvant, Butler-Jones said, the vaccine with adjuvant is still safe for expectant mothers." (Let's not confuse expecting women any more than they already are eh?)

"The risks to pregnant women from contracting H1N1 are much, much higher than any theoretical risk posed by adjuvanted vaccine," he said.
                (All depends on your gambling habits I guess)

The vaccine without the adjuvant must be manufactured and packaged, and therefore shipped, separately. Butler-Jones could not say when the non-adjuvanted vaccine will be ready. (Seems to me that is takes more time to make the non-adjuvanated vaccine which DOESN'T contain additives... that makes sense)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...019?hub=Health

Thinking that no one is looking out for public safety and there are no safeguards in place is paranoid.
                Safeguards? I'm sure lot's of safeguards are in place when using entire populations as guinea pigs. If there were safeguards in place, the Fed and WHO wouldn't have passed laws that protects them against any wrong doing in case there are many reported cases of instant adverse side effects.

You couldn't jab me with this xxxx if you paid me. BTW, I have also read that SOME of the companies that are producing the vaccine are in CHINA. LOL.

"Butler-Jones described the adjuvant as a natural product of fish oil, water and vitamin E, and said it will allow the vaccine to offer protection even if the H1N1 virus mutates."

Ahhh... good old fish oil, water and vitamins.... things you can't find on a KFC or McDonald's menu.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-24-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

In order to meet demand in the United States for the H1N1 vaccine, the government has ordered 250 million doses in all.

More than 2.2 million doses have been ordered by every state in the country, but who gets those vaccines, and when, is up to individual states.

Comment

Thanks for proving my media conspiracy theory

Why would the following states need 2.2 million doses?

1 Wyoming WY 532,668
                    2 Vermont VT 621,270
                    3 North Dakota ND 641,481
                    4 Alaska AK 686,293
                    5 South Dakota SD 804,194
                    6 Delaware DE 873,092
                    7 Montana MT 967,440
                    8 Rhode Island RI 1,050,788
                    9 Hawaii HI 1,288,198
                    10 New Hampshire NH
                    11 Maine ME 1,316,456
                    12 Idaho ID 1,523,816
                    13 Nebraska NE 1,783,432
                    14 West Virginia WV 1,814,468
                    15 New Mexico NM 1,984,356

Florida, New York, Texas, and California alone make 1/3 of the U.S. population.
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-24-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Complete immunity for some requires 2 doses of vaccine a few weeks apart, so most who are high-risk like those in health care will need 2 doses and very young children.

Originally posted by CDC
                      Will two doses of vaccine be required?

Will there be enough 2009 H1N1 flu vaccine for everyone who wants it?

It is expected that there will be enough 2009 H1N1 flu vaccine for anyone who chooses to get vaccinated. The US federal government has procured 250 million doses of 2009 H1N1 flu vaccine. This quantity of vaccine accounts for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) clinical trial data showing that children 6 months to 9 years of age will need two doses and persons 10 and older will need one dose. Limited amounts of 2009 H1N1 vaccine became available in early October, and more will continue to become available over the upcoming weeks.
                      CDC FAQ

Comment

Working...
                      X