Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    Pravda article publishes new statistics of Armenian Army

Active: 81,000
    Reserve: 32,000

102nd Military Base now has 3,000 Russians.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/...sia_armenia-0/

Edit: I'm assuming these numbers also consider Karabakh Army.

The modernized Armenian Armed Forces comprise the Army, Air Force, Air Defence, and Border Guard.
    The commander-in-chief is the President, Serzh Sargsyan. Colonel-General Mikhail Harutyunyan serves as Armenia's Minister of Defence.
    The general staff is headed by Lieutenant-General Seyran Ohanian..

Sadly this type of inaccuracy puts into doubt the author's expertise (on this subject) .

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

[QUOTE=burjuin;338576]Armenian Army

Can anybody explain the military significance of smashing those bricks on the head or its purely for showmanship.
      We seem to see these quite frequently.

I know the cynical answer might that these breezeblock are made by one of the oligarchs who supplies for these spectacles.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        Sadly this type of inaccuracy puts into doubt the author's expertise (on this subject) .

Yeah, the article is rife with such mistakes.

The Democratic Republic of Armenia is a small, landlocked, country, with a territory of almost 30.000 square kilometres. The population of 3.300.000 inhabitants is 98 percent Armenian and one percent Russian today. In spite of its small size, the country occupies a strategic position in the Caucasus and plays a pivotal role as the south-western outpost of CIS and CSTO.
        ...but when it comes to numbers, everything appears to be in order.

To be honest though, it is somewhat disturbing that our army is larger than Azerbaijan's, when the latter's population is 3 times Armenia's. So when Azerbaijan is ranked the 8th most militarized nation in the world, then it shows that militarization in Armenia is much worse. I understand that its necessary, but maintaining such a (relatively) large standing force is also detrimental.
        Last edited by davidoga; 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus View Post
          so how are you any different from them? You seem to be saying the exact same things they say about Armenians.
          Is there any other way to survive against turks? Do you have any suggestions? Keep hundreds of years history in mind.
          Even 150 yrs of russian influence did not change them(azeris actually became more cruel then turks).
          it is a law of balance in nature, for every force there is an equal and opposite one. We did not do like them and look at our history.
          They are the ones mocking us.

Comment

After they killed 119 out of 127 in my grandpa,s clan. Behaded one uncle and 3 kids on wife's knees. Sent the other uncle's wife and 9 kids to desert along with only aunt, Anahit, and killed them there. killed so many on my maternal clan too.
            THE HELL WITH HUMANITY.
            I consider my life wasted because i haven't killed my turk yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              Even 150 yrs of russian influence did not change them(azeris actually became more cruel then turks).
              Because Russians are just so humane.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                Because Russians are just so humane.
                Yes Russians are certainly more humane then Germans, British, xxxs, kurds, Georgians, Iranians etc. Infinetely more humane then turks.
                Russians are like Alaskans in US. Rough, not eloquent, like a European. 'Couse most of Russia is like Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                  Is there any other way to survive against turks? Do you have any suggestions? Keep hundreds of years history in mind.
                  it is a law of balance in nature, for every force there is an equal and opposite one. We did not do like them and look at our history.
                  They are the ones mocking us.
                  Well one suggestion I would make is to not think of them that way. Just ignore them. sure have the army, that i support, be ready to break their backs, but dont comment on every little thing they do. Dont be so ready to hate the enemy that you become like them. I mean come on, a quick trip to their forums, and the differences are almost negligible. Armenia has won the war, and Azerbaijan is not going to fight again, the whole threat of war is strictly for Aliyev's benefit, sure Armenians and Azeris have had a bitter rivalry and a few wars, but this endless talking about how dumb or violent they are will never benifit Armenians. There is more to gain by simply treating them like that one idiot neighbor who seems to always be upset at you, just ignore him and he will drive himself crazy trying to figure out why he isn't upsetting you. Plus it makes Armenia look much smarter in international eyes. Azerbaijan will look like a cry baby who constantly whines while Armenia is just minding its own business and improving Artsakh and developing democratically. Its important to be precise and surgical when dealing with problems, and prioritize targets, The people of Azerbaijan and any armchair generals you would see online such as youtube's seasnake or Mr rezo, are just punks who cant do anything, just like none of us here are actually changing anything about the situation; They aren't the target, they too are victims of the primary target. Aliyev, and once he is taken out of the picture. In order for Armenians to succeed in the final stage of Artsakhs independence: recognition; Armenia needs to develop democratically, eliminate corruption, modernize (which i must admit it is doing remarkably well at that) and it needs to make itself valuable to other countries, Azerbaijan has oil, what does Armenia have? or better yet, what does Armenia DO? Once Armenia becomes valuable and looks like its a country that is well established Other countries are much more likely to recognize Artsakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus View Post
                    so how are you any different from them? You seem to be saying the exact same things they say about Armenians.
                    Very simple: I am an ARMENIAN NATIONALIST, my allegiance is to the Armenian nation which has a several millennia long existence as a civilization and state in the Armenian Highlands. And I will use any and all means to achieve my aims.

In contrast, the turks are the remnants of the invading barbaric hoards from mongolia, who are attempting to fashion a false claim to the Armenian Highlands through lies and massacres. The սատկած turk that Federate posted was trained to further their evil goals. They cannot be called nationalists, as their "nations" are colonies leftover from medieval migrations and are currently being kept alive by the elite in the west as a convenient pawn against their eastern rivals. The naivete of your comment demonstrates why politics isn't for everyone. You seem like you would make good friends with georgi vanyan.

Originally posted by Odysseus
                    "There is more to gain by simply treating them like that one idiot neighbor who seems to always be upset at you, just ignore him and he will drive himself crazy trying to figure out why he isn't upsetting you.
                    There is a massive difference between an "idiot" neighbor and a criminal neighbor who has murdered before, and is threatening quite openly about murdering you again, and is actively arming and training to accomplish his desire to murder you.

In the interest of not derailing this MILITARY thread, I am going to ask that you either create a new thread called something like "End the hate between Armenians and turks" and continue this discussion there, or else stop posting altogether.
                    Last edited by Sarkis86; 01-12-2013, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post

In the interest of not derailing this MILITARY thread, I am going to ask that you either create a new thread called something like "End the hate between Armenians and turks" and continue this discussion there, or else stop posting altogether.
                      Do you mean to imply you haven't participated in the conversation? The fact is that what we discussed is related to the military, you are basically saying why you think Armenia needs to fight. While I was pointing out the human aspect of the military. If you are upset that I dont agree with you then that's a different matter. But I'll leave the issue alone, enjoy your thread.
                      Last edited by Odysseus; 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X