Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well one suggestion I would make is to not think of them that way. Just ignore them. sure have the army, that i support, be ready to break their backs, but dont comment on every little thing they do. Dont be so ready to hate the enemy that you become like them. I mean come on, a quick trip to their forums, and the differences are almost negligible. Armenia has won the war, and Azerbaijan is not going to fight again, the whole threat of war is strictly for Aliyev's benefit, sure Armenians and Azeris have had a bitter rivalry and a few wars, but this endless talking about how dumb or violent they are will never benifit Armenians. There is more to gain by simply treating them like that one idiot neighbor who seems to always be upset at you, just ignore him and he will drive himself crazy trying to figure out why he isn't upsetting you. Plus it makes Armenia look much smarter in international eyes. Azerbaijan will look like a cry baby who constantly whines while Armenia is just minding its own business and improving Artsakh and developing democratically. Its important to be precise and surgical when dealing with problems, and prioritize targets, The people of Azerbaijan and any armchair generals you would see online such as youtube's seasnake or Mr rezo, are just punks who cant do anything, just like none of us here are actually changing anything about the situation; They aren't the target, they too are victims of the primary target. Aliyev, and once he is taken out of the picture. In order for Armenians to succeed in the final stage of Artsakhs independence: recognition; Armenia needs to develop democratically, eliminate corruption, modernize (which i must admit it is doing remarkably well at that) and it needs to make itself valuable to other countries, Azerbaijan has oil, what does Armenia have? or better yet, what does Armenia DO? Once Armenia becomes valuable and looks like its a country that is well established Other countries are much more likely to recognize Artsakh.

ignore them?...
    While the war is not over? Ignore for what? Since when it has been a good practice to "ignore" the enemy? Even the 1915 continues to this day. You would like to ignore the turks? Just to look smarter and more civilised?
    Didn't the ones that closed their eyes while we were being butchered, think that we were more civilized than turks back then? What did the world do? Just coin our Golgota as genocide and then keeping silence about it or just mumbling some words that only we could understand in order not to ofend the turks( I concider that deeper insult). Arent they trying to close their eyes to smell the oil now? I'll just spit on their opinion and faces.
    Searching for international morals is absurd and a crime towards our generations.
    Convincing ourselfs that cyvilized morals towards turks will make our homeland and us safer and prosperous, is even more absurd.
    Why would any Armenian look into his own massacrer, no, his own butcherer with cyvilised eyes? Will that change the enemy? Do we need anybody's evaluation of how we should look into our enemy and act?
    Can we ever sleep in dreams of civilization?
    No No No a thousand times NO!
    We should be like the string of Hayg's bow, stretched, tensioned to last point. Ready to bounce and strike back at once, with vengeance and hatred. Just like our guys did, bringing us victory, while the world encouraged us for more than 3 yrs to lay down our weapons and play the cyvilized victim they were so sure we could only play.
    When will we become smart enough, to know that you can deal with turk only like turk? That is the only language they know and understand.
    When will we be men enough to put the knife on bloodsucker's thirsty throat and cut with all the cyvilization we could master in us and do that to his family too, stoping the spread of maniacs around us?
    Any of us, in the army or not, able to hold a gun , should be ready mentally to deal with a turk properly.
    I can see not a single reason under the sun, why the demise of any turk or a turk's bastard son should not be a welcome and congratulatory event for me. And it will be so untill and only the turk convinces me that he has changed and maybe it is possible to approach him differently.
    Right now, I can only remember the congratuary notes they scribed on railway vagons for us after robbing the aid sent from soviet republics to our earthquake victims when there was not even a war yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      Yes Russians are certainly more humane then Germans, British, xxxs, kurds, Georgians, Iranians etc. Infinetely more humane then turks.
      Russians are like Alaskans in US. Rough, not eloquent, like a European. 'Couse most of Russia is like Alaska
      Do you live in Russia?

I invite you to search for posts by one of our former members named Fedayeen. Read about how he was treated in Russia, and then tell me whether you would rather live there or in Germany or Britain. I understand how important diplomatic/state relations with Russia are for Armenia (there's really no other choice) but that doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to Russia's antics. You do realize that Armenia was absorbed into the Russian Empire. Sure, after living under Muslim misrule for so long, Armenians were probably relieved that their homeland was under Russian occupation but you said it yourself -- the Russians are "rough," and many times their treatment of Armenians (to say nothing of the other peoples of the Caucasus, especially Muslims) has been "rough."

Also, judging by your post, it seems you have contempt for every nation Armenia borders so don't be surprised when that contempt is cruelly and inhumanely reciprocated.

Comment

I am still interested in knowing about when Armenia started using Vegetato Camo. Anybody know if it was purchased from the Italians or is it a locally produced knock off? Seems like it world work rather well in Armenia. I think Multicam would be effective there too. Click image for larger version

Name:	20070303163159_giacca_della_mimetica_vegetato_Thumb_Large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	538908

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Do you live in Russia?

I invite you to search for posts by one of our former members named Fedayeen. Read about how he was treated in Russia, and then tell me whether you would rather live there or in Germany or Britain. I understand how important diplomatic/state relations with Russia are for Armenia (there's really no other choice) but that doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to Russia's antics. You do realize that Armenia was absorbed into the Russian Empire. Sure, after living under Muslim misrule for so long, Armenians were probably relieved that their homeland was under Russian occupation but you said it yourself -- the Russians are "rough," and many times their treatment of Armenians (to say nothing of the other peoples of the Caucasus, especially Muslims) has been "rough."

Also, judging by your post, it seems you have contempt for every nation Armenia borders so don't be surprised when that contempt is cruelly and inhumanely reciprocated.
          No I don't live in Russia. Rough does not constitue inhumane in inter-national relations. At the same time cyvilized nations like Germany and England for me are inhumane as both silently aided turks in massacring us. One in first world war (Germany, with it's instractors and materiel in western Armenia, participating in an ally's final settlement of Armenian question in context of war with russia). The England in and after criemean war when along with Germany organized "so called improvents of the conditions of minorities in ottoman empire" and then silently autorized hamidian massacres in order to clean out christian minorities (Armenians) in eastern turkey and diminish russia's local support in advancing towards mediterranean.
          I consider absorbtion of eastern Armenia into Czarist Russia the reason of why eastern Armenia exists today. Otherwise without it Armenia was long none existent under muslim rulers, and starting from Persian (Iranian) shah Abbas in 1604, sistematically depopulated from Armenians by neighbors.
          Can you call the Georgian treatment of Armenian minorities and church equal to Russia's?
          Kurds? I have no words...
          Turkey's ally J eew s? Campains of a holocoust survivor nation to silence our genocide recognition? any words?
          I will not judge the humanity of any nation towrds us by any posts but by history. "Those, who forget history are sentenced to repeat it"
          Sure it feels better in england or germany compared to russia. But a nations relations towards others differ from living conditions.
          I like it when we call the things the way they are and not play ostrige. That is the only way for international recognition, respect and building relations with neighbors.

Comment

Армянская Армия

Comment

NKR Defense Army

Comment

Well one suggestion I would make is to not think of them that way. Just ignore them. sure have the army, that i support, be ready to break their backs, but dont comment on every little thing they do. Dont be so ready to hate the enemy that you become like them. I mean come on, a quick trip to their forums, and the differences are almost negligible. Armenia has won the war, and Azerbaijan is not going to fight again, the whole threat of war is strictly for Aliyev's benefit, sure Armenians and Azeris have had a bitter rivalry and a few wars, but this endless talking about how dumb or violent they are will never benifit Armenians. There is more to gain by simply treating them like that one idiot neighbor who seems to always be upset at you, just ignore him and he will drive himself crazy trying to figure out why he isn't upsetting you. Plus it makes Armenia look much smarter in international eyes. Azerbaijan will look like a cry baby who constantly whines while Armenia is just minding its own business and improving Artsakh and developing democratically. Its important to be precise and surgical when dealing with problems, and prioritize targets, The people of Azerbaijan and any armchair generals you would see online such as youtube's seasnake or Mr rezo, are just punks who cant do anything, just like none of us here are actually changing anything about the situation; They aren't the target, they too are victims of the primary target. Aliyev, and once he is taken out of the picture. In order for Armenians to succeed in the final stage of Artsakhs independence: recognition; Armenia needs to develop democratically, eliminate corruption, modernize (which i must admit it is doing remarkably well at that) and it needs to make itself valuable to other countries, Azerbaijan has oil, what does Armenia have? or better yet, what does Armenia DO? Once Armenia becomes valuable and looks like its a country that is well established Other countries are much more likely to recognize Artsakh.
                Agree 100%. Armenia needs to concentrate on gaining strength and development and good things will happen. The Azeris are running low on oil anyway
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Good said !
                  Hakob , you are what you hate by the turks. You are dangerous not only for the turks but for the Armenians also .
                  Don't be what turks were !

Comment

Good said !
                    Hakob , you are what you hate by the turks. You are dangerous not only for the turks but for the Armenians also .
                    Don't be what turks were !

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X