Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    Azerbaijan will use this to cover up the mass slaughter in an Azerbaijani army base a few days ago, where a minimal of seven soldiers got killed (they will say to their families the soldier perished during clashes with Armenians). They are also actively trying to hide the many incidents happening in the Azeri gay army lacking morale and order...
    Where do you get this from?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaR View Post
      Where do you get this from?
      http://voskanapat.info. For non-Russian readers, http://translate.google.com/translat...fo&sl=ru&tl=en.

Comment

Rest in Peace to our fallen NKR defense soldiers. My heart with the families.

This is not the first time they have pulled this crap and it will not go unanswered. They always end up paying dearly and acheive nothing.

AstalaVist: Thanks for the inside news.........keep your six covered and good luck.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I think the Azeris need to pay for this. If i was leading the armed forces i would be working on severe retaliatory measures right now!
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

As we know, from time to time the Azeris conduct these types of futile operations. My guess is that they did this to gauge frontline morale, firepower, weapon position, and reinforcing support of the forward Armenian trenches. Normal reconnaissance, (unless their goal was to take prisoners for interrogation) should not result in such a brazen, foolhardy, display of attack and willingness to sacrifice troops. It was like a suicide mission, the type we see every year from the Azeris against Armenian positions that always result in no value to their side. Not to mention it results in days of tense sniping from the Armenians.

It should also be noted that in the N.E. sector, where this attack took place has close lines of contact between the opposing forces, porous defenses (that would be easily sacrificed in the case of a massive attack), listening posts, etc.

I think the attack was ordered from the Azeri high command. Aliyev and Sargysyan just had another fruitless meeting yesterday in Moscow. This is yet another Azeri threat to vent their frustration over the stalemate and a message from Aliyev to the Armenian people- and a foolish one as it will only harden Armenian resolve, especially at the front, a public relations stunt at best.

Either that or their is not much discipline in the Azeri command or at the platoon, company and/or unit level. It seems the Azeris do not value their soldiers lives as they attack with no real ambition of gaining and holding strategic advantage and have no qualms leaving their dead and wounded, equipment and other material behind in enemy lines. My estimation would be that the Azeri losses were greater than one dead. They most likely dragged most of their dead and wounded back to their lines.

As stated in messages above, this operation could have been conducted because of recent events in Azeri positions, base camps, lines, and bunkers where Azeri troops were killed by their own comrades and the high command needs to produce an excuse for the dead bodies to assuage the families of the dead soldiers. This has happened many times recently but especially during the war.

What is alarming is the number of loses among the Armenian forces. Why is the area not heavily mined, where were the tripwires and all the other warning mechanisms? Was the Armenian position manned by conscripts only with no seasoned officers in command? When the Armenians counterattack, why are they not using heavier firepower in response? They should be shelling the fleeing enemy to extract more casualties.

In response the Armenians should employ in their best snipers in that sector to do what they best, which seems to be the standard response. A similar attack against Azeri positions is counterproductive. The Armenians also need to continue to fortify their positions and improve their modes of early detection. Even though the attack occurred in the middle of the night, probably during a troop exchange, etc, their is no excuse for a position to be nearly overrun.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Its should be easer to give frontier guards night vision goggles and other devises ...im also curious if azeris got snipers and use heavy fire why armenia withdraw ours a time ago?

In my opinion azeris will not start war so why we dont use this as cover to shell them by artillery and make there frontiers withdraw back so troops will have safer shifts?

Armenian army now w8 its military industry to supply with new equipment but what is the situation for artsax army?

Comment

British Petroleum Azerbaijan closes down
                June 19, 2010 - 15:20 AMT 10:20 GMT
                PanARMENIAN.Net - British Petroleum representation in Azerbaijan was closed down.

BP Azerbaijan was supposed to be engaged in sale and purchase of oil products, yet hasn’t conducted active work until now.

In view of the lack of necessity for BP Oil International Ltd activities a decision on representation closure was taken, APA Economics reported.

What dose it mean can some one explain why an oil company closes its works in the region?

Comment

Azeri sally is a message to international community
                  June 19, 2010 - 16:11 AMT 11:11 GMT
                  PanARMENIAN.Net - Perpetration of the Azeri recon element immediately after the St. Petersburg presidential meeting is not a mere coincidence, Caucasus Institute Director said.

“These two events are surely interrelated and this attack is the evidence of Baku’s nervousness,” Alexander Iskandaryan told journalists on June 19.

He emphasized that the sally could hardly be organized without the knowledge of the Azerbaijani leadership.

“Most likely, the order was given after the presidential meeting, as a message addressed not to Armenia but to the international community,” he said. “Azerbaijan is trying to strengthen positions, using blackmail as a tool of struggle.”

Iskandaryan also stressed that Azerbaijan is not ready for a compromise that could satisfy Armenia.

Commenting on official Baku’s silence, he said, “Usually, statements are prepared prior to such kind of incidents. Their absence prompts that yesterday either something went wrong or the Azerbaijani administration is embarrassed.”

In conclusion, Iskandaryan said that the incident will be condemned by the international community but is unlikely to lead to large scale operations.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                    Its should be easer to give frontier guards night vision goggles and other devises ...im also curious if azeris got snipers and use heavy fire why armenia withdraw ours a time ago?

In my opinion azeris will not start war so why we dont use this as cover to shell them by artillery and make there frontiers withdraw back so troops will have safer shifts?

Armenian army now w8 its military industry to supply with new equipment but what is the situation for artsax army?

They do have snipers and so does Armenia. Armenia and the OSCE wanted to remove the snipers but the azeris rejected the proposal. I think the Artsakh army is full of state of the art weapons. Russia supplied a billion dollars worth of arms to Armenia who put it in Artsakh.

Comment

I was affected by this. All my support goes to the families of our heroes.

What's alarming here it's not the fact they attacked, it's the fact that we have so many loses. As well alarming, is the fact the it is I think obvious the only reason the Azeries attacked is to test our army's response and action, and if we compare this incident with the one back in March 2008, where heavy losses were inflicted on Azerbaijan and we got only two wounded, this incident results can be considered a success by the Azeri side, not because they managed to break our defense lines, but because they inflicted big losses on us.

However, information in this is too little. I am waiting for a more wide report on the incident, there must be a really good reason to why we had 4 dead soldiers, and even though we made the Azeries retreat with our strong resistance, they only have one dead soldier. It just doesn't sound logic to me

Comment

Working...
                      X