Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

"While China obtains a significant portion of its raw material imports from Iran, Tehran is Russia’s most important ally in the Caucasus and the Caspian Sea to counter the influence of the US and Israel. Both Moscow and Tehran oppose the construction of a trans-Caspian pipeline by the West. They also reject the massive military rearmament of Azerbaijan, which is promoted by the United States, Israel and Turkey. The Caspian region is of key geopolitical importance because it links resource-rich Central Asia with Europe, and because it also has extensive oil and gas reserves. "

Зеркало Мелбет рабочее и актуальное на сегодня вход, ✅ официальный сайт ✅ Melbet, промокод на фрибет, сссылка на мобильное приложение

Viva Revolution

No more stops left, next stop Baku!

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
      The Pahlavis and SAVAK killed much more people I'm sure.
      Nonsens. The Shah was a softy comparing to these thugs.

Besides, this is an Armenian forum. Most here will be in support of an Islamic Republic because it supports Armenia over Azerbaijan.
      Yeah, I know many of you are quite hypocrite. But Iran will always support Armenia, no matter what kind of ideology is ruling Iran.

Comment

"Yeah, I know many of you are quite hypocrite. But Iran will always support Armenia, no matter what kind of ideology is ruling Iran. "

I met an Iranian online in another forum. He sent me links to very well preserved Armenian churches. I could not believe what I was seeing! The churches that are every place else are just stone shells. What is preserved in Iran is what the inside of an Armenian church is supposed to look like. These chruches are 100's of years old. With all the stuff that has happened of the last 600 years not one Armenian church in Iran has been distroyed. So all you Iran bashers learn something when you are not busy fermenting Revolutions. Funny the same people who are against Iran are also against Moscow and the Armenian government. These type of fake / and or stupid Armos we don't need.

360° panorama photo from Isfahan by Mark Schuster. The attendant in the church rang around to get me permission to photograph. I was then told OK...

"RAA head, expert in monuments Samvel Karapetyan said an Islamic country like Iran is much caring about protection of all Armenian churches"

I have a very close friend who was in the Iranian army. He is Armenian, he said to me that the day he joined they made him an officer, they value Armenians highly in Iran. Wonder what the rest of you guys have been smokin, please pass some of that sheet over here...ROTF

Oh Che that was some nice sheet man! Wow
        Last edited by Vahram; 06-13-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
          I would like to start handing out an award on this forum. The first such award will be The Armenian Che Guevara award to our little revolutionary friend Davidoga.

[ATTACH]2564[/ATTACH]
          I am honored .

I have never said or implied that Armenia should be suspicious or against Iran. I am most definitly not an "Iran-basher." You're turning into quite the @sshole, Vahram.
          Last edited by davidoga; 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
            Nonsens. The Shah was a softy comparing to these thugs.

Yeah, I know many of you are quite hypocrite. But Iran will always support Armenia, no matter what kind of ideology is ruling Iran.
            Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I don't care about Iranians.

However, I do think that ruling ideology matters. Secularism would naturally align Iran with Azerbaijan, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Secularism would naturally align Iran with Azerbaijan, wouldn't you say?
              No, of course not? Why would that happen? Because most Iranians and Azeri's share a common religion? Religion is subordinate to nationalism and geo-politics. Pan-Turkism is a threat to Iran and Armenia. Besides that, most Iranians just have more sympathy for Armenians than for people in Azerbaijan. I think a secular regime is even more threatening to Azerbaijan than this regime. A secular Iran would mean a more developed and stronger Iran.
              Last edited by Surenas; 06-13-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                No, of course not? Why would that happen? Because most Iranians and Azeri's share a common religion? Religion is subordinate to nationalism and geo-politics. Pan-Turkism is a threat to Iran and Armenia. Besides that, most Iranians just have more sympathy for Armenians than for people in Azerbaijan.
                Yeah that's true. But I do know a fair number of Iranians that have reservations about Azerbaijan because it suppresses Islam.

Comment

Yeah that's true. But I do know a fair number of Iranians that have reservations about Azerbaijan because it suppresses Islam.
                  Yeah, and for the Iranian regime thats one of the reasons to support Armenia, but not the main reason. Many Iranians just don't care about Islam (in relation to politics) and the claims Azerbaijan make to what they call 'south Azerbaijan' is more threatening for most Iranians. I don't think Iran would ever support Azerbaijan over Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
                    That is the exact type of plane and the exact type of flight method that is needed to destroy strategic (bridges, airfields, command centers.etc) and economic (oil fields, refineries etc.) targets while at the same avoid the Azeri S-300 PMU-2 missiles which have a range of up to 200km (depending on altitude). When flying at low level, the S-300 air defense battery's kill zones will be less than 30 km because of the curvature of the Earth.

Our Su-25 can inflict immense material and psychological damage to the enemy. On numerous photos and videos, we see our pilots practicing low level flights in solo or duo. That is not for show, it is the training they need to be effective against the enemy.
                    They better hide their shiny Ukranian Mig-29 toys (that is called a "pig in a dress" in aircraft sell business) if they value them.

btw, I fully agree with your last two posts on the subject......you know, for an Armenian pilot it will never be easy, flying map of the earth in mountainous regions with weather and no real backup, then into flat lands with numerious enemy air defence systems and intersepting fighters.....we are cursed to do everything the hard way.

Also some other posters here forget that one of Russia's best WWII pilot was an Armenian, and the best aircraft designer was Armenian, and one of the most badass airobatic pilots is a Armenian in USA, etc.....its in our blood and can never change, it is an asset that it is not being tapped to its full potential.

One thing we Armenians never seem to learn from our own history is that we cannot trust anyone other than ourselves when it comes to the life of our soldiers.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

This is how azeri propaganda blows from they are backed by west so they show their tiny muscles to iran and armenia this days
                      'The West is ready to help Azerbaijan to neutralize security threats'
                      Tue 12 June 2012 09:16 GMT | 2:16 Local Time
                      Text size:

News.Az interviews James Cook, an American military expert.
                      Azerbaijan is located in a very complex region, and currently has problems with almost all its neighbors. Is the West ready to offer assistance to Azerbaijan as it does to Georgia, despite the fact that Baku doesn’t seek any means to become a member of NATO?

I think the West is ready to assist any country to maintain stability, solve conflict and support sovereignty. Azerbaijan's strategic location suggests the presence here of many interests. Here there's also a problem of neighborhood. I think that Azerbaijan itself has to assess the situation, but the West, in my opinion, is really willing to help the country that does so much in terms of energy security, making the right steps towards democracy and freedom.
                      This country provides great assistance to carrying out the operation in Afghanistan, which is highly valued in the West. Azerbaijan generally is a good example of stability in the region. In other words, the West is ready to help, but Azerbaijan itself has to choose the way which it considers more favorable.

Secretary of State Clinton during her visit to the South Caucasus region revealed the ambiguous U.S. attitude to the problem of territorial integrity of Georgia and Azerbaijan. In the first case, Clinton openly condemned the occupation of 20% of the territory, but said nothing for a similar situation in the second case. Is the reason for these different approaches the fact that Tbilisi has spoiled relations with Russia and seeks to NATO, while Azerbaijan does it in opposite way?

No, I am convinced that the visit of Clinton to the region, her talks in Baku prove how much importance the United States pays to Azerbaijan and relations with it. I do not think that the American policy in the region has any inconsistency, if we compare Georgia and Azerbaijan. With regard to the Karabakh conflict, Secretary Clinton stated that some new initiatives will be announced in the upcoming meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers.
                      I hope that we will witness progress in this direction. I totally agree with Clinton that the conflict has no military solution. The way forward is a continuation of the discussion of the issues that still remain open. In this regard, I repeat, I have great expectations from the forthcoming ministerial meeting.

After the rising tensions in Karabakh conflict zone, Yerevan began to sound opinion of the need to attract the Russian military for the protection of the Azerbaijani section of the Armenian border. Do not you think that Armenia is trying thus to oppose Azerbaijan to Russia, that is, to repeat the Georgian scenario in 2008, when the victims of the Russian peacekeepers have become for Russia a pretext for intervention in the conflict?

It seems to me that any escalation of tension does not improve the situation. The question of involving some peacekeepers should be decided by the sides themselves within the OSCE Minsk process. The process of bringing a third party or the peacekeepers should be open and transparent.

What role can Azerbaijan play in a possible anti-Iranian campaign of the West in light of the reported intention of Israel to attack Iran via Azerbaijan's airfields?

I'm always sceptical about such things. The rumours that Israel will go one way or another can only embellish the article and make it interesting for readers. However, I wouldn't take such publications seriously. Providing Azerbaijan's airfields for the anti-Iranian campaign could create some problems. But in any case, Azerbaijan and its people have to deal with such matters. Again, I do not think there is something serious behind those nicely embellished articles.

Comment

Working...
                      X