Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
    4haskatconeri het hentc aidpes e petk.
    I dep ko nkatohutyune kes pahi
    mi kopti mardkanc, inch asec vor 4haskacox asecir et txun?

Comment

For people wondering what to do about food and general problems with digestion. Try dehydrated food that you have to add water to. Be careful as you should have some fresh food, and supplement butter or lard in the diet as you are going to need this in the winter months. The food has a habit of holding your poop more firm. This helps in two ways, it keeps you off the local food that might be triggering an issue, as well as making the poop more firm

Long term supply is a problem, but acclamation to ones environment can take up to a month. A week here and there does not acclimate the body properly, in addition if you are from the USA you have problems with drinking any local water as the water in the US is mostly bleached. Your body has to start to make the defense against organisms that it is not used to dealing with. Along with the proper acclimation a month supply of camp food should arrest any issues you might have.

Other helpful things that can be done is having an extra half dose of vitamins hopefully in liquid form. The liquid types absorb in the body better, in addition having some other remedies helps as well such as glucosamine for your joints until the acclimation has taken some hold. You might what to continue with the glucosamine as Armenians are prone to romatizim especially if you are older. Again this should be in liquid form.
      Last edited by Vahram; 12-18-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Artsakh, Hayastan, Spyurk tarbertyun cheka, bolores HAYE enk
        Spoken like a true champion, with a champions name to boot!

Getze Hayastan!

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I think they are helpfull but it still leaves one in bad shape for atleast a month. The longest i stayed in Hayastan was 3 weeks and i could feel that my body was coming around and adepting but then i had to leave. I have done this many times and i wonder if doing so has built up some immunity or perhaps damadged me hehe. I guess i better start stockpiling pepto bismal lol.

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
          For people wondering what to do about food and general problems with digestion. Try dehydrated food that you have to add water to. Be careful as you should have some fresh food, and supplement butter or lard in the diet as you are going to need this in the winter months. The food has a habit of holding your poop more firm. This helps in two ways, it keeps you off the local food that might be triggering an issue, as well as making the poop more firm

Long term supply is a problem, but acclamation to ones environment can take up to a month. A week here and there does not acclimate the body properly, in addition if you are from the USA you have problems with drinking any local water as the water in the US is mostly bleached. Your body has to start to make the defense against organisms that it is not used to dealing with. Along with the proper acclimation a month supply of camp food should arrest any issues you might have.

Other helpful things that can be done is having an extra half dose of vitamins hopefully in liquid form. The liquid types absorb in the body better, in addition having some other remedies helps as well such as glucosamine for your joints until the acclimation has taken some hold. You might what to continue with the glucosamine as Armenians are prone to romatizim especially if you are older. Again this should be in liquid form.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Getting back to my original question..does anyone know of paramilitery or other groups one can contect or join if interested in participating in the defence of Hayastan/Artsakh?O and i am 41 haydavid.

Try this people. http://www.americanarmenianmilitia.com/
            I am not a member but would like to hear someone's evaluation from close. They were present on Aprill 24th demonstration and I saw some former azadamardiks among them.
            Other than that I think anyone interested in participating (paying his duties) with homeland should contact our embassies and offer to be registered in case of need. I think there will be enough swinging xxxxs on field in homeland. The question is who and how can hold their backs in diaspora.
            In my opinion, if there are Avos and Karos, they will be there and no one can hold them. But whoever stays out can do a lot too.
            There could be lot of damage done internationally to both turks.

Comment

This is something you have to prepare yourself for. Not like i have done this a million times or anything but this is how i plan it.. I am not young and i have a family but i helped and encouraged my wife to get educated and have a career thus if something happens to me my family will be fine. I think if wars were fought by old bastards like me there would be less wars lol. If you are young and plan on having a family then maybe you should sit this one out. If you have a family that needs you to survive then you should sit this one out. War is nasty xxxx and if you go to war you have to realize that there is a chance you will die and you have to mentaly understand this fact and it has to be an acceptable fact for you. The last thing you wana do is to put yourself in a situation you or your family are not able to deal with. As for me i can deal with my aches and pains but prolonged diarhea will make me a liability rather then an asset so i have to control this if i am to be of any help. Eating less or walking is not the answer because i did all that and still got pretty sick. Pepto is the only thing that stoped it but you cant keep taking it forever caus it will make you sick over time thus i still need a solution.
              LOL Haykakan.
              I think that people over there will not let you get too sick. In homeland and up in arms, I am sure, you'll discover that nothing can hold you back, and you are stronger than you thought. Yu'll eat garbage, youll drink mud. But you will not mind. Especially after killing the first turk or bitting back their charge and seing them run. Of course I doubt that the army will allow you in frontline. Maybe you will be doing translating or some other work (which are also important). But just being there, I can imagine, will be something.
              I know, I'd be happy if they let me work and repair arms there.

Comment

Well these guys are more like liberaterians and i am not thus i probably would not fit in well there but thanks for the link. Would be nice if there was a militia style organization wo the political angle. Contacting the embassy sounds reasonable but i bet they will think that i am nutts lol.
                Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                Try this people. http://www.americanarmenianmilitia.com/
                I am not a member but would like to hear someone's evaluation from close. They were present on Aprill 24th demonstration and I saw some former azadamardiks among them.
                Other than that I think anyone interested in participating (paying his duties) with homeland should contact our embassies and offer to be registered in case of need. I think there will be enough swinging xxxxs on field in homeland. The question is who and how can hold their backs in diaspora.
                In my opinion, if there are Avos and Karos, they will be there and no one can hold them. But whoever stays out can do a lot too.
                There could be lot of damage done internationally to both turks.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

If fighting does resume does anyone here have info on how to join diaspora groups who will take part in the fighting? I would like to participate if hostilities resume.
                  The Armenian legion of USA
                  Phone Number (818) 823-8724

You can also check this...

There are others.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Yes i know what you are talking about. Even while sick i had lots of fun there everytime i went and will do it again and again. The problem here is that i need to be strong and this thing drains more then just the xxxx out of u. I hope it will go away in 3 or 4 weeks and i will be fine then to do what i gota do.
                    Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                    LOL Haykakan.
                    I think that people over there will not let you get too sick. In homeland and up in arms, I am sure, you'll discover that nothing can hold you back, and you are stronger than you thought. Yu'll eat garbage, youll drink mud. But you will not mind. Especially after killing the first turk or bitting back their charge and seing them run. Of course I doubt that the army will allow you in frontline. Maybe you will be doing translating or some other work (which are also important). But just being there, I can imagine, will be something.
                    I know, I'd be happy if they let me work and repair arms there.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I would like to bring up an old topic that I once brought up but people paid it no mind. I would like us to start a pumpooshed fund! While we are here drinking pepto in the hopes of holding our bowls in tacked, tracking up steep Armenian hills against salvo. In the interim. Of course we should defend Armenia on her darkest hour, but we can do a lot before the this hour of need!

We in the Diaspora can make so much more money than the average Armenian working in Armenia it’s not even funny, in fact it is sad. While we pack our backpacks in the ready we should be smart enough to know that we can start helping out now. What is the wisdom of tracking into the combat zone, with a bottle of the pink stuff in one hand, and an empty riffle in the other?

We should establish a pumpooshed fund, so that when the blood boils you can always donate $20 dollars or more towards the pumpooshed fund. Knowing that Armenians are hot blooded that’s a lot of $$! In fact for the average Armenian if we count how many times during the day we boil, and count the weeks and months into the equation we will see that we can contribute billions! Considering we fought with sticks and stones against not only the baboon but Afghans, Chechens and even Soviet troops. What the hell are coward toorks going to do against Armenians with Bullets? Even the ones with Pepto in hand, or a packet of dehydrated food arguing to the last breath!

Schools and hospitals are nice, but nothing is keeping these structures safe without having pumpooshed to shoot toorks!. Let alone the time it takes to get old men to the front line from the Diaspora, to defend what remains of our tinny little Armenia.

It is something else, eating popcorn and watching TV, it’s another having a pumpooshed fund. You know that it’s bullets are for Hayastan, it’s a lot harder eating popcorn! It’s a lot harder not to donate more, It’s another thing all together knowing that it’s a pumpooshed for Hayastan!

Getze Haystan!

Comment

Working...
                      X