Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

I really wish we had a border with Russia....I bet Georgia would not mind at all to switch places with us...

Russia still considering to include Armenia in single customs union

December 06, 2010 | 13:30

Russia did not reject the idea to include Armenia in a single customs union. A single customs code has been functioning in the territory of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan since June 1, 2010 based on agreement signed in 2007. Works on creation of single customs zone are underway.

Vice-President of trade-industrial chamber of Russia Georgiy Petrov spared no efforts to praise the newly created union at the Russian-Armenian business forum held in Yerevan. Despite Armenia received no direct invitation to join the union, Petrov implied Armenia’s joining the union will be advantageous for the country.

“Customs union with single customs tariffs and single customs code is not directed against anyone. This customs code is more liberal than the previous one functioning in Russia,” he added.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      There are rumors that Russia is going to allow Armenia to import Iranian cheap gas (for public use, in addition to the gas for electricity generation) instead of its expensive one. Perhaps Russians realize that the economic rape can’t support their long range plans in the Caucasus; in terms of having Armenia as a reliable ally there in future.

Who knows the details?
      No details but I know is that there are Gas deals (and railroad) with Iran where they send Armenia their energy which then its turned into electricity in Armenia (in factories financed with Iranian help) and sent back to Iran. Armenia gets to keep certain percentage of gas and electricity........however as it appears Russia has a say on the diameter of the pipeline.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        No details but I know is that there are Gas deals (and railroad) with Iran where they send Armenia their energy which then its turned into electricity in Armenia (in factories financed with Iranian help) and sent back to Iran. Armenia gets to keep certain percentage of gas and electricity........however as it appears Russia has a say on the diameter of the pipeline.
        The pipeline has capacity to supply, in addition, gas for the public consumption. Because the thermo-power station, for a while, can’t process all the gas the pipeline can afford ... as far as I’m informed.

And some gas, not all the volume (I see what do you mean) needed for the public consumption can be supplied by Iran and rumors say that Russians eventually would let us doing it.
        Last edited by gegev; 12-07-2010, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Open letter to Medvedev/Putin.

Russia and Turkey have strong economic relations, but investing is Russia's choice, they prefer Turkey; although there are a lot of other options in the region; for instance Iran.

Erdogan visits Russia on the anniversary of the Kars illegal “treaty” signed in Moscow and which wasn’t endorsed by Armenian side, as ARF declared yesterday.

Therefore it’s illegal and needs to be questioned by Armenian side. I guess our strategic partner Russia, as opposed to USSR, must support us in it.

And Russia should not arrange such meetings on such anniversaries any more!

Originally posted by gegev View Post
          Now when we have independent state and struggle for the economic independence; I think Iran’s contribution in our economic wellbeing is truly substantial; therefore in terms of economic interests, as opposed to Russia; Iran is our best ally, currently.

One can infer this just reading concurrent facts.
          Last edited by gegev; 03-15-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Turkish Premier’s visit to Moscow not to be conditioned by historical implications, Russian expert says

March 15, 2011 | 20:20
            Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s visit to Moscow should not be conditioned by historical implications, Deputy Director of Strategic Culture Foundation Andrei Areshev told Armenian News-NEWS.am. “The Turkish may have placed historical emphasis on this date, unlike the Russia side,” he commented on some Armenian politicians’ statements that Erdogan’s visit to Moscow was specifically scheduled for March 16 to mark the 90th anniversary of Treaty of Moscow.

Russia was not going to hurt Armenian people’s feelings,” Areshev said. He stressed Erdogan’s visit to the Russian Federation has a broad agenda.

“Special emphasis will be placed on economic issues, as economic cooperation is beneficial to both states,” the expert said.

According to Areshev, geopolitical issues, including Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution and Armenia-Turkey rapprochement, will also be discussed within the framework of the visit. “However, no critical breakthrough is expected at the meetings of Russian and Turkish officials, as their decision depends on other players too,” Areshev noted.

As Armenian News-NEWS.am reported earlier, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit Moscow on March 15. He will meet with Russian senior officials during his visit. According to some Armenian politicians, Erdogan’s visit to Moscow was planned for March 16 to mark the 90th anniversary of the Treaty of Moscow.

Comment

I always find it amusing, I think Turks are really annoyed every time they want to complain against the Armenians, they are in fact talking to an Armenian themselves (Sergey Lavrov).

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                I always find it amusing, I think Turks are really annoyed every time they want to complain against the Armenians, they are in fact talking to an Armenian themselves (Sergey Lavrov).
                And soon, the president of Russia will be Armenian
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
                  The Turks, Kurds and Persians all have a lot of oriental Christian blood on their hands.
                  The last time I checked, During the millenia that Armenia was a part of the Persian Empire: Armenia's lands were 3 times the size they are now; the Persian Empire protected you from Ottoman Turks, Khazars, and Mongols by fighting several wars against them; The Persians built you a city called New Julfa in Iran the first time the Ottoman's wanted to destroy Armenians; Persians preserved your language and identity and allowed Armenians to prosper for centuries; Persians safeguarded more Armenian churches and historical sites in Persia than exist anywhere else in the world, including in Armenia; and Joseph Stalin hadn't murdered 30 million Christians.

Teach me why you think the Persians have "a lot of oriental Christian Blood" on their hands?

Was "oriental Christian blood" spilled by Persians before or after the oldest Armenian carvings praising the Persian Kings?

The last time I checked, the Armenian Genocide and the theft of your lands occurred immediately AFTER Armenia was no longer a part of the Persian Empire. What's your recollection?

FAST FORWARD 150 YEARS LATER, AND WE STILL HAVEN'T SOLD YOU OUT:

Political analyst, Head of the Chair of Iranian Studies at the Yerevan State University, Armenia’s former ambassador to Syria David Hovhannisyan says:

"The United States wants to blockade Iran, and our very positive relations with Iran are at risk. We must never forget that all roads were blocked during the (Karabakh) war, only Iran’s road remained that was our road of life."

"In Baku, they say that Iran has ‘spoilt’ the whole effect of the blockade by Azerbaijan and Turkey against Armenia: 'During the war, Iran rendered every assistance to Armenia. And, it was through Iran that Armenia gets a considerable part of its foodstuffs and industrial goods, which makes the blockade imposed by Azerbaijan and Turkey ineffective,' " says Sofiev. The Azeri expert says that at least 20 million Iranian Azeris have no schools to study in their native language, while 250,000 Armenians in Iran have several national schools.
                  Last edited by Persopolis; 03-18-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

@persepolis
                    I understand your intentions but you are not telling us the whole truth dear friend. The Persian king initiated the deportation of the Armenian people even without their approval. He deported the Armenian people under penatly of massacres and death.After the deportation they burnt the hole city. I think a "friend" of us would not act like this.
                    By the way the christian Armenian people had to face heavy discrimination. They were called "NAGES" (impure) and I think you know what that means in a predominantly islamic enviroment. Nevertheless Persians generally have been fair to us and from a geostrategic point of view we should strenghten our relations with Iran and help preventing a war.

Comment

Originally posted by HermanGerman View Post
                      @persepolis
                      I understand your intentions but you are not telling us the whole truth dear friend. The Persian king initiated the deportation of the Armenian people even without their approval.
                      I'm looking for the post as to when Julfa was evacuated and New Julfa in Iran was built -- While I find that post, enjoy a few photos: I'll reply back here when I find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X