Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Are you kidding me? I don't give a sh*t that one person's father is armenian, and mother persian, That doesn't prove anything, even if you have a list of several examples. PL You show me a scholarly paper that proves Iranians and Armenians are ethnic cousins or brothers and we will be talking then, stop showing pictures or personal example of some Persian-armenians that you know. Actually there is an interesting paper regarding Armenian DNA:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/We...01-Armenia.pdf.
    Can we rename this thread Iranian-Armenian [Sexual]-Relations?

Let me quote from the DNA study you sent: "The Armenian modal hg1 haplotype (haplotype 1), prevalent particularly in the Syunik, Karabakh and Iranian regions."

DNA LEGACY OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE - NOTICE THAT PERSIAN, ARMENIAN, GEORGIAN, OSSETIAN DNA ARE THE CLOSEST MATCH.

ES = CENTRAL IRAN; NI = NORTHERN IRAN; SI = SOUTHERN IRAN.

A FEW NOTES TO MAKE THIS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND:
    * Remember that Iraq is a country that was created by the British simply by drawings lines on the maps of the Persian Empire; at the time Iraq was created it had briefly been conquered by the Ottomans, but prior to that was a historical part of the Persian empire. Iraq was created in 1932, following World War I.
    * Green is Afro-Semitic Influence.
    * Dark Blue is Indian Influence.
    * Aryans spread their genes as far as the Southern Part of India as far West as Libya and throughout Europe (on this map).

Compare with the DNA Distribution Above:

Another way of reading the above DNA distribution is that there is absolutely no merit to the Ottoman/Pan-Turkist stories of their origins. (But we already knew that.) Mos, I'm sure you will have many sleepless nights worrying how much GREEN and PURPLE you personally have, but the best way to consider this information is to not freak out and think about it step-by-step.

Anthem of the Aryans (Ey Iran)

Inscription Left By The Aryan King Darius:

"I am Darius the great king, king of kings, king of countries containing all kinds of men, king in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenid, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage. By the favor of Ahuramazda these are the lands of the Aryans; I ruled over them; they bore tribute to me; they held my law firmly; Media, Elam, Parthia, Aria, Bactria, Sogdia, Chorasmia, Drangiana, Arachosia, Sattagydia, Gandara, India, the haoma-drinking Scythians, the Scythians with pointed caps, Babylonia, Assyria, Arabia, Egypt, Armenia, Cappadocia, Lydia, the Greeks, the Scythians across the sea, Thrace, the sun hat-wearing Greeks, the Libyans, the Nubians, the men of Maka and the Carians." http://www.livius.org/da-dd/darius/darius_i_t01.html

From the Bible: [Isaiah 45.1-8] (Cyrus the Great is the only Gentile in the Bible Referred to as the "Messiah.")

"Thus says the Lord to His anointed Messiah, to Cyrus to subdue nations before him and loose the armor of kings, to open before him the double doors, so that the gates will not be shut: 'I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places."

Who are the Ossetians?

By: Dr Oric Basirov 2001.

"As late as the closing decades of the 4th century B.C., the Iranian peoples were still the largest and the most widespread group within the great Indo-European family.... Fortunately for us, the Huns could not push all the Alans out of their homeland; their descendants, known as Ossets, are the only Iranians who still live in Europe; they call their country "Iron", which is a variation of Alan, Iran, as well as Eran. Eran [Arran] was the name of the Iranian Transcaucasia before it was lost to the Russians in the 19th century and subsequently renamed Azarbaijan.

Ossets are mostly Christian, speaking Ossetic, or as they themselves call it "Ironig", or "Ironski", which is classified as an Eastern Iranian language. Ossetic maintains on the one hand, some remarkable features of the Gathic Avestan, and possesses on the other, a number of words, such as, thau (tauen, to thaw, as in snow) and gau (region, district) which are remarkably similar to their modern Germanic equivalents.

This modern Iranian nation, still provides a physical link between the Indo-Europeans of the East, and those of the West, that is, most people of Europe; such a romantic link, it will be remembered, had already been established thousands of years ago by their blond and blue-eyed ancestors."

http://ossetians.com/eng/news.php?newsid=545

What's the point of all this? I think there's a lot to be learned about Armenian history from the period of antiquity by studying Persian history.
    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-17-2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      Make no mistake about it -- there is a lot of help Iran is giving to Armenia behind the curtain. Iran has also made it clear to Azerbaijan that it must not attack Armenia (that is, Azerbaijan knows that if it tries to demolish Armenia, Iran will step in).

In 1979 Iran began replacing all of its military commanders and armed forces.

In 1980 Iran and Iraq fought a war sponsored by the U.S. that lasted 10 years.

In '93 Armenia was returning from the post-USSR experience, and defense of Armenia at that time may still have been in Russia's direct sphere of influence, and direct Iranian participation didn't take place likely do to the process of replacing Iran's military, the 10 year war with Iraq, and the uncertainty from the post-USSR experience.

Nevertheless, I know for a fact that many Armenian soldiers indirectly trained in Iran (e.g. Monte Melkonian). It's an interesting area of inquiry, any way. One I'd like to learn more about myself.

(Regarding recognition of the Armenian Genocide -- Please read my earlier posts. AG Memorials are all over Iran, and that doesn't happen without official government approval. The AG is frequently discussed and acknowledged within Iran.)
      Ok first let me start by saying that Monte wasn't trained in Iran, he participated in the revolution. If you are searching for a place for his training look at Beirut and California where he started from.
      That is not an excuse that Iran was xxxxed up because the state that came to our rescue was also xxxxed up. Do you know the state Russia was in 93, I can tell you Russia right now looks like a heaven compared to those days. They still came and even threatened to bomb Turkey to the stone age and start a third world war if it was needed. You can call Russia and Russian people a lot of names and tell how unfair they are and how they are arming our enemies. However when they sell our enemies an airplane we get an state of the art weaponry from them for free. I don't even want to get started about the culture and the Armenians are viewed by the elite and the artists of Russia.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      First of all, not all Palestinians are Muslim. Secondly, the Palestinians DID NOTHING to deserve what the state of Israel has done to them. The Zionists and European J3ws that migrated stabbed the Palestinians in the back and gave them the boot after the Palestinians invited them into Palestine. They had no issues with sharing the land of Palestine. Sadly, many J3ws were tricked into settling in Israel due to their faith based Aliyah (persuaded by Zionists who wished to rule them).
      They were to weak to defend their own land, in the real world that is a crime that will be punished with losing your lands. It has been this way since the beginning of man kind, the weak suffer and the strong get stronger. I'm not saying this right or wrong but how it is. I hope we as a people can learn a lesson from both of them, from the Palestinians not to be weak and always be ready to fight for the things that we want to protect and are dear to us. And from Israel to work united towards the goals we need to achieve, regaining what we lost almost a hundred years ago. They proved that it isn't impossible to get back what you've lost, even if you haven't lived there for a thousand years as the majority of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        They were to weak to defend their own land, in the real world that is a crime that will be punished with losing your lands. It has been this way since the beginning of man kind, the weak suffer and the strong get stronger. I'm not saying this right or wrong but how it is. I hope we as a people can learn a lesson from both of them, from the Palestinians not to be weak and always be ready to fight for the things that we want to protect and are dear to us. And from Israel to work united towards the goals we need to achieve, regaining what we lost almost a hundred years ago. They proved that it isn't impossible to get back what you've lost, even if you haven't lived there for a thousand years as the majority of the people.
        Israel won't do sh!t for Armenia except invade the hell out of it. Israelis today are descendants of the Khazars that are still angry for what Russia did to them eons ago. That's how fu@ked up these people are and they are also after Armenian land so as long as Armenians kiss the ground they walk on, they will pull the soil out from underneath Armenian feet.

They sit there and make all this crap up just so they can claim rights to land.

Found: Ancient Capital of 'J3wish' Khazar Kingdom

A team of archaeologists claims to have discovered remnants of the legendary Khazar kingdom in southern Russia, according to a recent report. If the excavation site proves to be indeed the long-lost capital of the ancient 'J3wish Kingdom', the discovery would represent a major breakthrough for archaeologists and historians.

The Khazars were known to be a semi-nomadic Turkic people who dominated the Pontic steppe and the North Caucasus regions from the 7th-10th centuries CE. The origin of the Khazars and their apparent conversion to Judaism is the subject of major dispute among modern historians.

In the 7th century CE, the Khazars founded an independent khaganate, or kingdom, in the Northern Caucasus along the Caspian Sea. It is believed that during the 8th or 9th century, around the height of their kingdom, the state religion became Judaism at the order of the king. At this point, the Khazar khaganate and its tributaries controlled much of what is today southern Russia, western Kazakhstan, eastern Ukraine, Azerbaijan, large portions of the Caucasus (including Circassia, Dagestan, Chechnya, and parts of Georgia), and the Crimea.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127483
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-17-2011, 05:15 AM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

The first time the word "Holocaust" has been used to describe crimes against humanity it was not the Jexxxish Holocaust.
          Quote from Wikipekia (I know Wiki it not a scientific source) :
          "The word holocaust has been used in English since the 18th century to refer to the violent deaths of a large number of people. For example, Winston Churchill and other contemporaneous writers used it before World War II to describe the Armenian Genocide of World War I."

@Mos
          I wonder what kind of person you are. You have no problem to attack Armenians from Iran and to discredit them but you would not allow anybody to just say one single false thing about your beloved Israhell. Mos do you know how Armenians from Iran and from Arab countries would call a person like you ?! They would call you GAGO.
          Have a nice day...

Comment

Thank you, you must be one of the few non-Parskahye's here - as Parskahyes apparently have 2 allegiances, Armenia and Iran, and try to make it seem like all Armenians in the world are the brothers of Iranians.
            The only two faced Armenian here is you who is trying desperately to drive a wedge not only between Armenians and Persians but also between Parskahyes and hayastantsis while defending Israeli anti-Armenian stand. You are a good proof of that Armenian saying "We are our own worst enemy"

You have been made Mos and you are worst than what Turks try to do........now carry on with your uncontrolled verbal diarrhea. Tell us about the Iranian friends you claim to have.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Israel won't do sh!t for Armenia except invade the hell out of it. Israelis today are descendants of the Khazars that are still angry for what Russia did to them eons ago. That's how fu@ked up these people are and they are also after Armenian land so as long as Armenians kiss the ground they walk on, they will pull the soil out from underneath Armenian feet.
              Why in the world would Israel invade Armenia? Israel has enough problems let alone go invade a random country that poses no threat to it. You have a distorted view of Israelis, they are not after Armenian soil or Armenian blood - I really don't know where you get that from. I actually have known a few Israelis and they had no problems with Armenians, and actually said many Israelis support recognising the Genocide, it's just the government has other priorities, and that relations with Armenians are good.

Originally posted by HermanGerman View Post
              @Mos
              I wonder what kind of person you are. You have no problem to attack Armenians from Iran and to discredit them but you would not allow anybody to just say one single false thing about your beloved Israhell. Mos do you know how Armenians from Iran and from Arab countries would call a person like you ?! They would call you GAGO.
              Have a nice day...
              What are you talking about? Maybe you should read my posts more carefully. I am never attacked Armenians from Iran, I only said there is a cultural divide between those Armenians and Armenians of Armenia. How the hell is that attacking? Second, I am not defending Israel, actually I condemned Israel for some of the things they did to the Palestinians, what I'm doing is looking at their intentions through a pragmatic view instead of some people who view Israelis as people who are on a mission to destroy all Armenians and take our lands.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                The only two faced Armenian here is you who is trying desperately to drive a wedge not only between Armenians and Persians but also between Parskahyes and hayastantsis while defending Israeli anti-Armenian stand. You are a good proof of that Armenian saying "We are our own worst enemy"

You have been made Mos and you are worst than what Turks try to do........now carry on with your uncontrolled verbal diarrhea. Tell us about the Iranian friends you claim to have.
                Read my posts more carefully before commenting. I never defended Israeli's anti-Armenian actions - I've condemned it. What I have been arguing is their intentions which rather than being some anti-Armenian vengeful mission, is just a result of their strategic interests and realpolitik.

Second, I never put a wedge between Parskahyes and hayastancis, I only commented on the cultural/mindset differences that exist. Are you going to deny that differences exist? We've lived in different societies for 100 years.

Third, I have never said anything against our relations with Iran, I support the good relations with Iran, and have nothing against Persians. What I've been arguing is that our relations with Iran is not some "brotherhood" or "military alliance" but rather just strong, neighbourly relations who nature is mostly economical. People try to make more of it is - I'm just being pragmatic in this view.

So read my posts carefully before claiming to know what I'm talking about.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Why in the world would Israel invade Armenia? Israel has enough problems let alone go invade a random country that poses no threat to it. You have a distorted view of Israelis, they are not after Armenian soil or Armenian blood - I really don't know where you get that from. I actually have known a few Israelis and they had no problems with Armenians, and actually said many Israelis support recognising the Genocide, it's just the government has other priorities, and that relations with Armenians are good.
                  Give this article a read and tell me why you think it was written:
                  http://www.turkishweekly.net/article...-karabakh.html

What gives a minority the right to dictate the life of a majority? Then they claim they were escaping antisemitism. The nerve. They infiltrated Russia, fu@ked it up and fled.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

What are you talking about? Maybe you should read my posts more carefully. I am never attacked Armenians from Iran, I only said there is a cultural divide between those Armenians and Armenians of Armenia. How the hell is that attacking? Second, I am not defending Israel, actually I condemned Israel for some of the things they did to the Palestinians, what I'm doing is looking at their intentions through a pragmatic view instead of some people who view Israelis as people who are on a mission to destroy all Armenians and take our lands.
                    I agree. Our relations with Israel are non-existent but lean towards belligerent but with many J E W S personally, our relations are normal and quite good. As a state, they will pursue their own interests just like US, Iran, etc and after what J E W S have been through historically, they most likely will care about their own interests full stop. Just like we have some cultural divides, so do J E W S. We cannot cover everyone with one blanket. Many of our greatest proponents are J E W S.

When I compare both Iran and Israel, I am more favored to Iran obviously because they are friendly to Armenia and Israel is certainly not. For me, this is the most important factor. I also do not agree with the things Israel has done vis a vis the Palestinians but sometimes our anger at Israel tends to spill over into hatred for J E W S in general. This should not be so. Additionally, Israel is starting to come around ( though is could be short lived and would rather this not disrupt our relations with Iran) regarding the Turks. I applaud Israeli moves in Greece and Cyprus; at the very least it works to counteract the Turks and adds to their list of problems and makes relations between Israel and Turkey continually and increasingly tense.

My hope is that our relations with Israel become magnanimous and our relations with Iran remain strong.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Give this article a read and tell me why you think it was written:
                      http://www.turkishweekly.net/article...-karabakh.html

What gives a minority the right to dictate the life of a majority? Then they claim they were escaping antisemitism. The nerve. They infiltrated Russia, fu@ked it up and fled.
                      Why it was written? Because Turks like picking dirt about us, that's why.

They never dictated the life of the majority, don't be ridiculous. And how did they infiltrate Russia? What Did Armenians also infiltrate when they migrated to other countries like Russia? The reason the J3wish population of Armenia shrunk during independence was because of the bad economic and social condition of the country at that time. There was a big exodus of J3ws from post-Soviet areas to Israel during the 90s. That being said, what are you really trying to prove with the story of this family regarding Israel possibly attacking Armenia?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X