Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
    No, you don't need 'trust' there are common interests, and you asses this interest to determine whether the other party would stick to the deal, otherwise if it's not in the other parties interest, you'd be a pool and a crappy politician to believe that they won't screw you over.

Funny, becuase just by you being the ignorant person that you are, you portray the same attitude as that of your government which is 'Yazidi is not Kurd' where as every scholar laughs at this claims, I don't really care what you do with them confused Yazidi, your country is insignificant to our plans.. and it's too small and reliant on Russia/Iran to cause too much trouble for us.. and with that kind of racist attitude and I hope that there will never be any diplomatic ties between us.

You have no evidence what so ever to back up your statements, you are however the typical ignorant nationalist that makes a statement followed by 'I'm right, your wrong, period' instead of using some neutral sources.
    It's not going to be as black and white as that. Yes there is the common interest of seeing a weak Turkey - but there are also many other interests nestled around all this. For us to get involved in this regional conflict would in my view not be very wise. As I said the best solution is to let Kurds and Turks go at each other.

Yazidis may be ethnically Kurdish (DNA, similar language) but the main point of difference is the religion. Yazidis view themselves as difference on the basis of such a difference which is a profound one. Trying going to the Balkans and saying that Crotians, Bosnians, and Serbs are all the same. They are ethnically pretty much same people but they differ in crucial points like religion. So you stop being ignorant and saying Yazidi = Kurd.

If our country is insignificant to you why do you want support from us? The stateless Kurds are also insignificant to the Armenian state. It seems to me some people are trying to "force" a friendship between kurds and armenians based on one common interest - it is naive at best if you ask me. We can side with you when it comes to the Turks - but not because of friendship.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

... face it, your state is one that promotes hatred between Kurds..
      Kurdish extremists go around saying that acknowledging the existence of non-Kurdish ethnic minorities, and allowing those minorities to express their existence, promotes "hatred"; Turkish extremists go around saying acknowledging the existence of non-Turkish minorities in Turkey, and allowing those minorities to express their existence, promotes "hatred".

The big fuss that kurdman is making about his claims that the Yezidi are Kurds and complaints about how the Yezidi in Armenia are allowed to be a distinct ethnic minority separate from Kurds, does indicate how important this issue is to modern Kurdish political ideology. They realise that if they allow this one small crack in their national myth, then many more cracks might appear. They fear that all the non-Kurds that Kurds claim are actually Kurds will become more vocal in expressing their distinct identities, and soon the "Greater Kurdistan" proclaimed by Kurdish nationalist propaganda will become so fragmented that it will be untenable even as a dream.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 06-08-2011, 06:26 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Don't act like one then? all you do is repeat the same 'Kurds can't be trusted' as if in politics there is 'trust' do you think anyone trusts anyone? dear god...

Armenians live in the Duhok province and recently some moved from Baghdad to ainkawa which is a christian town literally two minutes away from the Kurdish capital, Hawler/Erbil, it's also where our main Airport is.

Prove me wrong, quote a section of your constitution that makes reference to Kurds, Muslims or Yazidis, go on? I bet you cant... face it, your state is one that promotes hatred between Kurds, you have done nothing, absolutely nothing for Kurds in your state, and the Armenians in Kurdistan are also patriotic as I know one Armenian guy on an Assyrian forum that defends Kurdish interest there, besides the first female soldier we had was an Armenian and her name was Margaret Shello, some claim she was Assyrian, but she was actually Armenian.

They don't need to play a crucial part in our politics, that however does not change the fact that they need at least one Representative in our parliament
        The Kurds in Armenia established a Kurdish radio broadcast from Yerevan and the first Kurdish newspaper Riya Teze. There is a Kurdish Department in the Yerevan State Institute of Oriental studies. The Kurds of Armenia were the first exiled country to have access to media such as radio, education and press in their native tongue

For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

your country is insignificant to our plans.. and it's too small and reliant on Russia/Iran to cause too much trouble for us.. and with that kind of racist attitude and I hope that there will never be any diplomatic ties between us.
          Armenian government does not deal with terrorists.....you think we gonna forget what you Kurds did to our defensless civilians. I don't care how you slice it or which Kurds were responsible and how much Kurds recognized it or give some empty apology. It is a stain that you can't just wash off with your Goat piss Kurdman. You don't think we are significant then GTFO of here and don't waist your time.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

First of all I didn't open this thread, so what makes you think that I want Armenian support? it's quite pathetic how you make stupid statements like 'Yeah they might be Kurds, but their not becuase their not Muslim' what's your IQ? every Kurd was Yazidi before the force of Islam, besides like I told you, there are only 40,000 Yazidi in Armenia and 500,000 in south Kurdistan, and so what you say or think, or what ever crap you put into the foolish minds of the Yazidi, it still does not change the fact that they are Kurds.

stateless Kurds? South Kurdistan is independent, in ways that you can't imagine, because no Arab can enter our region without our premision, we however knew that an 'independent' Kurdistan on Maps, will be very much 'dependent' on it's neighbors (As you are) and we decided that if we stick in Iraq, it would make us way more significant becuase we have influence on Baghdad politics too, while retaining all the rights of an independent nation.

Mate, we don't need you to do anything.. like I said, it does not affect our plans one bit.

@bell-the-cat

Haha, you are so funny, who's that then? we have 20 different dialects and we all consider ourselves to be Kurds, for example in one town you'd find Kurmanji, sorani, feyli Kurds and we have no problems, I myself am a sorani Kurd, and come from slemani province, if however I went to duhok everyone would be kurmanji, so your efforts are pointless and you have no evidence, just stupid statements made from an ignorant person.

Comment

First of all I didn't open this thread, so what makes you think that I want Armenian support? it's quite pathetic how you make stupid statements like 'Yeah they might be Kurds, but their not becuase their not Muslim' what's your IQ? every Kurd was Yazidi before the force of Islam, besides like I told you, there are only 40,000 Yazidi in Armenia and 500,000 in south Kurdistan, and so what you say or think, or what ever crap you put into the foolish minds of the Yazidi, it still does not change the fact that they are Kurds.

stateless Kurds? South Kurdistan is independent, in ways that you can't imagine, because no Arab can enter our region without our premision, we however knew that an 'independent' Kurdistan on Maps, will be very much 'dependent' on it's neighbors (As you are) and we decided that if we stick in Iraq, it would make us way more significant becuase we have influence on Baghdad politics too, while retaining all the rights of an independent nation.

Mate, we don't need you to do anything.. like I said, it does not affect our plans one bit.

@bell-the-cat

Haha, you are so funny, who's that then? we have 20 different dialects and we all consider ourselves to be Kurds, for example in one town you'd find Kurmanji, sorani, feyli Kurds and we have no problems, I myself am a sorani Kurd, and come from slemani province, if however I went to duhok everyone would be kurmanji, so your efforts are pointless and you have no evidence, just stupid statements made from an ignorant person.
              Although I am a supporter of Kurds and an independent Kurdistan, you have been clearly making some big mistakes. I don't want to go into the history of Kurds, but it is a fact they are made up of several largely nomadic tribes. Never in history did such a thing as "Kurdistan" exist, but there is a time for everything. Also, most of the "claims" of "historical" Kurdish lands are incorrect.

If Kurds will manage to get an independent Kurdistan, it will only be because of their large numbers inhabiting ancient historical lands which mostly belong to Assyrians and other, much older nations (Persia, Armenia).

And don't overestimate the "independence" of Kurdistan, talking "tough" about how Arabs can not enter your region, meanwhile there are dozens of Turkish soldiers stationed inside Iraqi-Kurdistan, insulting your independence and de-facto occupying your "country".

We have the same common enemy, the Turks, and between Kurds and Armenians we have to figure our differences out. Most of the people on this forum are lead by emotions, "you don't like me, I don't like you, nanana, we don't want you", but fortunately real politics is not lead by emotions but by common interests.

There have been a lot of influential Armenians contributing to Kurdish culture (Aram Tigran) or giving their lives for the struggle of an independent Kurdistan. Nothing more to add.

Last edited by Tigranakert; 06-09-2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                Although I am a supporter of Kurds and an independent Kurdistan, you have been clearly making some big mistakes. I don't want to go into the history of Kurds, but it is a fact they are made up of several largely nomadic tribes. Never in history did such a thing as "Kurdistan" exist, but there is a time for everything. Also, most of the "claims" of "historical" Kurdish lands are incorrect.

If Kurds will manage to get an independent Kurdistan, it will only be because of their large numbers inhabiting ancient historical lands which mostly belong to Assyrians and other, much older nations (Persia, Armenia).

And don't overestimate the "independence" of Kurdistan, talking "tough" about how Arabs can not enter your region, meanwhile there are dozens of Turkish soldiers stationed inside Iraqi-Kurdistan, insulting your independence and de-facto occupying your "country".

We have the same common enemy, the Turks, and between Kurds and Armenians we have to figure our differences out. Most of the people on this forum are lead by emotions, "you don't like me, I don't like you, nanana, we don't want you", but fortunately real politics is not lead by emotions but by common interests.

There have been a lot of influential Armenians contributing to Kurdish culture (Aram Tigran) or giving their lives for the struggle of an independent Kurdistan. Nothing more to add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5ec3ieMYs
                I agree 100%. I support a Kurdish state and realize we have a common, powerful and evil enemy and this common enemy will ultimately be endangered as developments slip out of their control ( I would hope that the PKK is getting more support from Kurds in Northern Iraq but this does not appear to be happening). While I hope that Kurdistan develops and replaces Turkey as the US/Israeli client state in the region- which is already happening- I think it will take generations to even begin to trust the Kurds after what they did to Armenians and Assyrians. For centuries they based their entire livelihood on the plunder and massacre of largely unarmed and peaceful Christians in hamlets, villages and towns throughout Asia Minor. They were the willing murderers for both Abdul Hamid II and then the CUP and to somehow expect us to join/support their struggle is insulting. Why would we ever trust them? Like I said, this will take generations. I wish no ill-will towards the Kurds but I can never forget what they did to my family Kharberd at the behest of the Turks. BTW, the only Kurds who seemed to help Armenians were the Dersim- Kurds that were once Armenians and then largely eradicated by Ataturk in the 1920's.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5ec3ieMYs
                  Your completely wrong about the historical aspect, however this is a political post so I will only discuss politics, besides that I'm not really interested in politics.

First of all, yes there are Turkish bases that were built in the 90's for 'peace', however now they have no legitimate reason to stay and we could make them leave, however that means making the PKK leave too, and as long as the PKK, they have a 'legitimate' reason to stay, and we can't argue about that on the political front, besides they can't mobilize their troops without getting premision first:

In one incident, a senior Iraqi Kurdish official said Peshmerga soldiers stopped Turkish tanks from leaving a base just inside Kurdistan 'northern Iraq'. Turkey has kept small contingents of troops in northern Iraq since earlier offensives in the 1990s.
                  Federal Iraq,kurdistan,kirkuk,Kurdistan iraq,Kurdistan parliament,Arab part of iraq,Kurdistan state,kurdistan president,barzani,iraq Constitution,Kurdistan Constitution,USA help,iraq liberation,Federal Shia Republic

The Iraqi army is not allowed in Kurdistan, and we have borders with Arab Iraq, however there are Kurdish soldiers all over Iraq, including the Iraqi army which is in our advantage as in case of war the Iraqi army will have in-fighting and deserters.

10,000 Peshmerga in Baghdad. http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurds/3388.html

Comment

@bell-the-cat

I will say again. Would you go to the Balkans and tell everybody (Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrins) that they are Serbs? Of course not! They are all the "same people" but because of religion and other factors to a lesser extent, there are visible differences amongst them, and because of that they have been slaughtering each other for lands (fortunately it's over). - same goes for Yazidis - I am not denying that they are very much connected with Kurds in terms of ethnicity and also history - but the religious difference is very key as religion is essential in identity and its effect on culture. There are many instances of ethnic groups being divided on this basis - you should know this.

Well Iraqi Kurdistan may have a good deal of autonomy, but it's not officially independent, it's not a separate state. And last time I checked, Kurds in Turkey are still living under Turkish government. So by definition, your people are still "stateless'.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      I will say again. Would you go to the Balkans and tell everybody (Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrins) that they are Serbs? Of course not! They are all the "same people" but because of religion and other factors to a lesser extent, there are visible differences amongst them, and because of that they have been slaughtering each other for lands (fortunately it's over). - same goes for Yazidis - I am not denying that they are very much connected with Kurds in terms of ethnicity and also history - but the religious difference is very key as religion is essential in identity and its effect on culture. There are many instances of ethnic groups being divided on this basis - you should know this.
                      Is your brain compromised? how many times should I repeat this?

40,000 Confused Yazidis vs 500,000 Nationalist Kurdish Yazidis in south, who wins? all you need to admit is that your government has a fascist policy when it comes to Kurds in it's state and promotes division, it's not hard you know, all you have to do is find someone that would sell their dignity for some money, give them money and make them spread propaganda. As you can see from the links below there are no differences between Muslim and Yazidi Kurds (In fact, there has never been division between Kurds becuase of religion, there are many nationalist Kurdish xxxs), however there are issues in Armenia, promoted by the government, which is reflected in your attitude to the topic.

Dohuk, Feb. 20 (AKnews) – An Iraqi Yazidi MP is planning to sue a Lebanese TV channel for alleged “insults” to the Yazidis after it aired a show about the faith.

The MP says she will seek a formal apology and financial compensation from the satellite broadcaster on charges of “deliberate abuse” of the Yazidi religion in one of the station’s programs.

Lebanon’s Mustaqbal Channel aired a show “Sireh Wanfatahat” hosting former commissioned Minister of the Arab League Ziad Fleifel who talked about the origin of the Yazidis and their faith.

Mr. Fleifel said in the show that the Yazidis were originally Arabs who later became Kurds. But Dakhil wants to sue him for “deliberate mocking” of the Yazidi beliefs, customs and traditions “in a way that showed complete ignorance.”

Dakhil is expected to file her lawsuit to the Lebanese judiciary as the defendants are Lebanese. She says she will, in the case of winning damages, distribute the money to poor Yezidi families or print brochures to explain the Yezidi faith.

Yezidis consider themselves to be Kurds. They speak Kurdish, dress similar to Kurds and have sacred religious books solely in the Kurdish language.

According to unofficial statistics, there are around half a million Yezidis in Iraq and the Kurdistan region.

Reported by Khudr Khallat

Rn/Ry/Ka/AKnews
                      “The Yazidis are saying their praying in Kurdish language, their religious, social, and the history of the Yazidis are clear remarks that they are Kurds”, general director of Yazidis affairs at the KRG- Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs, Khairi Buzani said.

“The Yazidis had their say at the Iraqi March 7 poll and prove to be Kurds. Also the Yazidis spiritual council, the largest authority of the Yazidis, has confirmed that the Yazidis are Kurds and all of the Yazidi personalities have to condemn such sort of statements”, Buzani added.
                      We get 7 seat worth from Yazidi voters! which is around 350,000 votes.

Also the highest Yazidi emir stated that they are Kurds, and Yazidis listen to what their religious leaders say.

Yezidi Emir, Tahsin Saeid Bek has said that there will be no compromise on the Kurdish origins of the religious minority and has praised the Kurdistan Regional Government for officially recognizing Yezidi religious holidays. yazidi

Tahsin was addressing an audience of Kurds living in Germany and Holland in the Dutch city of Mira, according to a report published by the Lalish Yezidi website on Monday.

We are aware of your plans, and mark my word, you will fail... we just need to fund the Yazidis properly as many Yazidis from Armenia visit the Lalish temple in Duhok, this way we can re-assimilate them easily.

Well Iraqi Kurdistan may have a good deal of autonomy, but it's not officially independent, it's not a separate state. And last time I checked, Kurds in Turkey are still living under Turkish government. So by definition, your people are still "stateless'.
                      You can label it as you like, the fact is that our situation is better than most independent countries (including Armenia) becuase we have the rights of an independent country + Access to Iraqi issues, and the protection of a 'federal region'
                      Last edited by kurdman; 06-09-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X