Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

see, what happens from these types of arguments is that the Turks win. Put emotions aside, and look at politics from a mature point of view. we get back to these quarrels once the bigger threat has been taken out. That's all i'm saying. we don't have to love eachother, but right now we've got a common interest and bigger fish to fry. we'll get back to fighting e/o once our common enemy is taken out. now is not the time for that.

Comment

The Turkish elite, across its civilian and military, secular and Islamist divisions, is unanimous in rejecting the foundation of a national homeland for the Kurds in northern Iraq because it would provide inspiration for Turkey’s 15 million Kurds. This in turn would threaten a split of the Turkish state, which has been in an armed conflict against the Kurdish Labor Party (PKK) since 1983. Moreover, Turkey – one of the most crucial Sunni states in the Middle East – fears the emergence of an oil-rich Shiite state in southern Iraq allied to Iran, which could upset the balance of power in the region in Iran’s favor.

Source: http://www.arabinsight.org/aiarticles/175.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
        Yeah yeah whatever, I'm not really bothered by having not having ties with Armenia, as long as our Armenian minority is happy I'm alright with that.
        what Armenian minority? Armenians were either butchered or forced out.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          what Armenian minority? Armenians were either butchered or forced out.
          Hey, kid, I told you before, not every Kurd lives in North Kurdistan, and not every Kurd took part in whatever happened, ok? there are Armenians living in Duhok and Ainkawa of Southern Kurdistan, and while your countries constitution makes no reference of Kurds at all, our constitution recognizes even the smallest minority that are probably not even 10,000.

Article 6

First: The people of Kurdistan-Iraq consist of Kurds and other nationalities, Turkmen, Chaldeans, Assyrians, Armenians, and Arabs, who are citizens of Kurdistan Region in accordance with the law.

Article 14

First: Kurdish and Arabic shall be two official languages in Kurdistan Region, and this Constitution guarantees the rights of citizens of Kurdistan Region to the education of their children in their mother-tongue languages such as Turkmen, Assyrian, and Armenian in Kurdistan governmental educational institutions according to educational regulations.

Second: Turkmen and Assyrian languages are two other official languages besides Kurdish and Arabic in the Administrative Units densely populated by people speaking these languages, and this shall be regulated by law.

Now, your government does nothing for Kurds other than spread crap on Wiki, and promote division between them confused Yazidis and other Kurds, having said that... out of Kurds, Turks and Armenians, whom treat their minorities the best? Our constitution and the fact that every minority teach in their own language at schools answers for itself, now hop along with your xxxxty attitude.

Also, the fact that we give 1 seat to an Armenian MP, 5 to Christians and 5 to Turkmen even if no one votes for their lists just shows who is more tolerant.
          Last edited by kurdman; 06-08-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hey, kid, I told you before, not every Kurd lives in North Kurdistan, and not every Kurd took part in whatever happened, ok? there are Armenians living in Duhok and Ainkawa of Southern Kurdistan, and while your countries constitution makes no reference of Kurds at all, our constitution recognizes even the smallest minority that are probably not even 10,000.

Article 6

First: The people of Kurdistan-Iraq consist of Kurds and other nationalities, Turkmen, Chaldeans, Assyrians, Armenians, and Arabs, who are citizens of Kurdistan Region in accordance with the law.

Article 14

First: Kurdish and Arabic shall be two official languages in Kurdistan Region, and this Constitution guarantees the rights of citizens of Kurdistan Region to the education of their children in their mother-tongue languages such as Turkmen, Assyrian, and Armenian in Kurdistan governmental educational institutions according to educational regulations.

Second: Turkmen and Assyrian languages are two other official languages besides Kurdish and Arabic in the Administrative Units densely populated by people speaking these languages, and this shall be regulated by law.

Now, your government does nothing for Kurds other than spread crap on Wiki, and promote division between them confused Yazidis and other Kurds, having said that... out of Kurds, Turks and Armenians, whom treat their minorities the best? Our constitution and the fact that every minority teach in their own language at schools answers for itself, now hop along with your xxxxty attitude.

Also, the fact that we give 1 seat to an Armenian MP, 5 to Christians and 5 to Turkmen even if no one votes for their lists just shows who is more tolerant.
            Don't dare call me 'kid' again. You see me calling you names? Remain mature or don't talk.

Yes Armenians living in their ancestral homeland of in the areas of Eastern Anatolia (Western Armenian) were butchered and forced out.

Armenians living in Iraq have fled as well because of the war and violence against Christians. There may be Armenians remaining, especially in the safe Kurdistan part of Iraq, but there numbers are rather small and I doubt Armenians in Kurdistan play a crucial role in politics.

Armenian Government does grant Yazidis minority rights in Armenia, check your facts - and they are actually patriotic citizens that fought in the Karabakh War against the Azeris.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Don't dare call me 'kid' again. You see me calling you names? Remain mature or don't talk.

Yes Armenians living in their ancestral homeland of in the areas of Eastern Anatolia (Western Armenian) were butchered and forced out.

Armenians living in Iraq have fled as well because of the war and violence against Christians. There may be Armenians remaining, especially in the safe Kurdistan part of Iraq, but there numbers are rather small and I doubt Armenians in Kurdistan play a crucial role in politics.

Armenian Government does grant Yazidis minority rights in Armenia, check your facts - and they are actually patriotic citizens that fought in the Karabakh War against the Azeris.
              Don't act like one then? all you do is repeat the same 'Kurds can't be trusted' as if in politics there is 'trust' do you think anyone trusts anyone? dear god...

Armenians live in the Duhok province and recently some moved from Baghdad to ainkawa which is a christian town literally two minutes away from the Kurdish capital, Hawler/Erbil, it's also where our main Airport is.

Prove me wrong, quote a section of your constitution that makes reference to Kurds, Muslims or Yazidis, go on? I bet you cant... face it, your state is one that promotes hatred between Kurds, you have done nothing, absolutely nothing for Kurds in your state, and the Armenians in Kurdistan are also patriotic as I know one Armenian guy on an Assyrian forum that defends Kurdish interest there, besides the first female soldier we had was an Armenian and her name was Margaret Shello, some claim she was Assyrian, but she was actually Armenian.

They don't need to play a crucial part in our politics, that however does not change the fact that they need at least one Representative in our parliament

Comment

Don't act like one then? all you do is repeat the same 'Kurds can't be trusted' as if in politics there is 'trust' do you think anyone trusts anyone? dear god...

Armenians live in the Duhok province and recently some moved from Baghdad to ainkawa which is a christian town literally two minutes away from the Kurdish capital, Hawler/Erbil, it's also where our main Airport is.

Prove me wrong, quote a section of your constitution that makes reference to Kurds, Muslims or Yazidis, go on? I bet you cant... face it, your state is one that promotes hatred between Kurds, you have done nothing, absolutely nothing for Kurds in your state, and the Armenians in Kurdistan are also patriotic as I know one Armenian guy on an Assyrian forum that defends Kurdish interest there, besides the first female soldier we had was an Armenian and her name was Margaret Shello, some claim she was Assyrian, but she was actually Armenian.

They don't need to play a crucial part in our politics, that however does not change the fact that they need at least one Representative in our parliament
                You need some level of trust when helping someone out, with that trust being sure they won't stab you in the back again. Kurds and Turks killing each other is already good for us - no need to get involved.

It's not Kurds but Yazidis that are living in Armenia. They are not Muslim, and they identify themselves as different from Kurds. and the Muslim population one could probably count with their hands. That being said, the Armenian constitution ensures the equal treatment of all people regardless of ethnicity or religion. My state could care less about divisions within Kurds - there are more important matters than what some Kurds think.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

You need some level of trust when helping someone out, with that trust being sure they won't stab you in the back again. Kurds and Turks killing each other is already good for us - no need to get involved.

It's not Kurds but Yazidis that are living in Armenia. They are not Muslim, and they identify themselves as different from Kurds. and the Muslim population one could probably count with their hands. That being said, the Armenian constitution ensures the equal treatment of all people regardless of ethnicity or religion. My state could care less about divisions within Kurds - there are more important matters than what some Kurds think.
                  No, you don't need 'trust' there are common interests, and you asses this interest to determine whether the other party would stick to the deal, otherwise if it's not in the other parties interest, you'd be a pool and a crappy politician to believe that they won't screw you over.

Funny, becuase just by you being the ignorant person that you are, you portray the same attitude as that of your government which is 'Yazidi is not Kurd' where as every scholar laughs at this claims, I don't really care what you do with them confused Yazidi, your country is insignificant to our plans.. and it's too small and reliant on Russia/Iran to cause too much trouble for us.. and with that kind of racist attitude and I hope that there will never be any diplomatic ties between us.

You have no evidence what so ever to back up your statements, you are however the typical ignorant nationalist that makes a statement followed by 'I'm right, your wrong, period' instead of using some neutral sources.

Comment

Kurds don't deserve a state.....they should be happy with their Zionist founded Northern Iraq Kurdistan. You stage an attack on Iran from there it will be your last move of betrayal.

With that said I support PKK freedom fighters.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

You see, kid, people have been making speculations and predictions since 2003, and what happened? Kurdish power has just been increasing
                      Kurds will be thrown to the wolfs yet again....get off your high horse and illusions of grandure. How old are you that you are calling me a kid boy?
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X