Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

I have banned people for far less whining about moderation in threads. Yet you're both still here... Take it as moderation in your favor please and quit it already. You're derailing the thread.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I guess if somebody, who doesn’t represent Armenian government, says something against Russians, it isn’t a serious reason for Putin to beat Armenia/Armenians.

On the contrary; this is a good way of telling the Russians that selling weapons to Azerbaijan and ... isn’t much ally-like behavior. Therefore we can suspect that …

Russia can’t blame Armenia for Hayrikyan’s accusations, he does not represent Armenia!

Does he???
      Last edited by gegev; 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
        I guess if somebody, who doesn’t represent Armenian government, says something against Russians, it isn’t a serious reason for Putin to beat Armenia/Armenians.

On the contrary; this is a good way of telling the Russians that selling weapons to Azerbaijan and ... isn’t much ally-like behavior. Therefore we can suspect that …

Russia can’t blame Armenia for Hayrikyan’s accusations, he does not represent Armenia!

Does he???
        As far as I remember Armenia is an independent state and not a province of Russia. And Russia has nothing to say about what is happening in Armenia. Too bad the Armenia leadership doesn't feel like that.
        I am not saying that Russia was behind the shootings but if it is, then maybe it is time to make them work for their only foothold in the South-Caucasus.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          then maybe it is time to make them work for their only foothold in the South-Caucasus.
          As long as you don`t mean `work`like what they did to Georgia :P

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            As far as I remember Armenia is an independent state and not a province of Russia. And Russia has nothing to say about what is happening in Armenia. Too bad the Armenia leadership doesn't feel like that.
            I am not saying that Russia was behind the shootings but if it is, then maybe it is time to make them work for their only foothold in the South-Caucasus.
            There is no such thing as an independent state. Especially in this day and age of globalism. Just name me on country on earth who is totally self-sufficient economically, with military security, food security, technology etc. Only then is a nation truly independent. The rest are all dependent on eachother in different aspects, some more dependent than others. Deal with it.
            Last edited by Lernakan; 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

a healthy body breeds a healthy mind?

Martial artists support Serzh Sargsyan

YEREVAN, JANAURY 5, ARMENPRESS. Five sport public organizations united to voice about their concern over the assassination attempt against presidential candidate Paruyr Hayrikyan. As reports "Armenpress" during the press conference held on February 5 the Chairman of the Traditional Wushu Federation of Armenia Tigran Chobanyan characterized the assassination attempt against Paruyr Hayrikyan is an assault against the state and independence.

The Chairman of the Traditional Wushu Federation of Armenia Tigran Chobanyan, Co-Chairman for Commercial Activity of the Traditional Wushu Federation of Armenia Rustam Alaverdyan, Responsible Secretary of the Kick-Boxing Federation of Armenia Arman Buduryan, Chairman of “Arsenal” Martial Arts Association Vardan Abgaryan, Chairman of Aikido-Aikikai Federation of Armenia Armen Avetisyan, and Chairman of Traditional Karate-do federation of Armenia called upon the citizens to participate in the upcoming presidential elections and make their choice with clear conscience.

The abovementioned five sport public organizations support the candidacy of the current President of the Republic of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan.

YEREVAN, JANAURY 5, ARMENPRESS. Five sport public organizations united to voice about their concern over the assassination attempt against presidential candidate Paruyr Hayrikyan. As reports "Armenpress" during the press conference held on February 5 the Chairman of the Traditional Wushu Federation of Armenia Tigran Chobanyan characterized the assassination attempt against Paruyr Hayrikyan is an assault against the state and independence.

Comment

I must confess I disliked Sargsyan because of the treaty with the toorks that the West wanted! However it seems I was off base, as the toorks don't want to comply, and that is great! It makes them look like idiots and I did not expect this outcome. When we finally pull out we will be justified ( not that we are not already justified ), and if the toorks do anything else it will not be good for them. In hindsight he played the game masterfully and I have to give him credit. He as a lot of respect and he has made Armenia a better place.

We have to remember as Armenians to put things into perspective we keep failing at this. We have a small land left, that has in the past 30 years seen nothing but disaster. Instead of looking proudly that in these troubled times we have come forward, improved and are doing 1000% better we only see the negative. We are still in a blockade after going through a Soviet disaster of an economy that brought down the USSR, we forget this. We forget that we lost a huge amount of people in a devastating earthquake that even hard line Westerners were shocked at the loses! We forget the war and the killing and burning of our people all over baboonistan. We also keep forgetting that we are under blockade. Our baboon friends with all the oil wealth are starving!

The Georgians keep highjacking goods and the routes are not safe or blocked. The only other trading partner Iran is, has been and will continue to be under sanctions and that restricts our access as well. We can't even seem to land a civilian plane at a damned airport without having to worry about it being shot at.

So Armenians what do you remember?
                Last edited by Vahram; 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Are Armenia’s authorities capable of establishing law and order in country? – presidential hopeful

Are Armenia’s authorities capable of establishing law and order in country? – presidential hopefulFebruary 09, 2013 | 17:09

The situation in Armenia is complicated. The first term of the ruling Republican Party presidential candidate, incumbent President Serzh Sargsyan has failed. During his five year in office, and in line with official data, the country’s economic growth constituted a mere 4 percent. Presidential contender, opposition Freedom Party Chairman, former PM Hrant Bagratyan stated this Saturday, during his talk with the voters in Ashtarak city of Aragatsotn Region.

“Ever since signing the ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 1994, our economy was growing more intensively than the five years of Serzh Sargsyan’s governance. They [that is, the present-day authorities] condition this on the global economic crisis. In this case, two questions arise: How can one explain the fact that the economy reduced by 2 percent in the other countries, [but by] 15 percent in Armenia? In addition, the country was allocated $11 billion, [that is,] the same amount as the entire production of our country,” Bagratyan noted.

Also, referring to the recent assassination attempt that was staged against fellow presidential candidate, opposition National Self-Determination Union Chairman Paruyr Hayrikyan—who is recovering at hospital from a gunshot wound—and the attack on his campaign headquarters, Hrant Bagratyan questioned the Armenian authorities’ capability to establish law and order in country.

Comment

2012 can be considered a successful year for Armenia’s economy. We’ll manage to close the year with indices much higher than those envisaged by state budget 2012,” Minister of Economy Tigran Davtyan told a press conference today, summing up the results of the passing year
                    for the first nine months of 2011 totaled USD 586 million, a 24.2 percent increase over the same period the previous year. GDP grew by 2.1 percent in 2010, and 5 percent from January to September 2011
                    With the latest deals and a new railroad on the way, I can't wait for the next 5 years to arrive. Some of the boarder openings with Georgia and Russia will improve the situation faster.

A little history is in order as some seem to forget the details like the 2008 war with Georgia was a disaster for the Armenian economy in addition the increase in sanctions on Iran have further complicated matters. Sadly a balanced view is hardly possible with Neo Liberal mentality, but the truth is not that easy to run away from.

In connection with the assassination attempt with the two suspects in custody I hope we get to the bottom of this. I don't like the smell of this, there is a lot here and I can't wait for the facts to come out. Perhaps we shall find the dirty Neo Liberal hand at play here. With the level of hate from the Neo Liberals towards the Armenian authorities and Armenia in general this will not surprise me one bit.

Last edited by Vahram; 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                      I must confess I disliked Sargsyan because of the treaty with the toorks that the West wanted! However it seems I was off base, as the toorks don't want to comply, and that is great! It makes them look like idiots and I did not expect this outcome.
                      So Armenians what do you remember?
                      Vahram jan, you shouldn't let your emotions interfere in politics. When I first heard the news on the protocols, I thought it was a brilliant move. I hoped (though doubted) that it would drive a wedge between Turkey and Azerbaijan. As Azerbaijan's blockade of Armenia would mean nothing if the border with Turkey were to be opened and as the process was initiated/supported by the West it could drive Azerbaijan closer (thus more dependent) on Russia. This could possibly be beneficial for us as well. Also economically it would be very beneficial if the border with Turkey were to be opened since Georgia would lose its "monopoly" as the only transport route for Armenia.
                      The two main arguments I heard about the protocols by our people were:
                      1. The commission of historians to study the Armenian genocide;
                      2. Armenia would be flooded by turks/turkish products.

First of all no one from the ruling authorities in Armenia would ever in their right mind question the Armenian genocide. If there was to be such a commission it should be welcomed since we know what the facts are and there could only be one outcome of their research - that the atrocities that took place did amount to a Genocide. Why should we be afraid to discuss this issue with some turkish historians if we know the facts to be on our side?
                      As for the second argument, this is only laughable since there are numerous ways you can protect your local market against flooding by foreign countries. European countries subsidize their farmers and have many laws protecting their local industries against flooding from China for example. I mean why should we even be afraid of this if you can simply counter it with laws. Also I just don't see it happening that turks en masse would choose Armenia as their holiday destination.
                      Last edited by Lernakan; 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X