Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Looks like President Sarkisyan, in a display of true leadership, visited Hayrikyan in the hospital. So has Prime Minister Tigran Sarkisyan. No one from Armenia's treasonous CIA-controlled opposition has bothered to show up, apart from radical former PM and doom-and-gloom economist Hrant Bagratyan (this guy always has something negative to say about Armenia, he claims that government statistics are outright lies and the country is doomed despite the fact that much progress can be seen in the country since the fall of LTP). Anyway none of the "name-brand" sell-outs like ter-petrosyan, hovannisian or oskanoglu have bothered to show up. Is their silence and hesitation a sign of guilt or complicity? Also notable is that former President Kocharyan has been silent as well, although unlike LTP Kocharyan has been out of political scene for the most part since his term ended in 2008 except for a few vague and generalized comments, so it's not too surprising.

The confused entity called the ARF hasn't made any statements either, perhaps they were waiting for someone from the LTP camp to break the ice and blame Serj before they joined in, although their Armenia-bashing wh*re maria titizyan wrote a pointless article published in their various media outlets, and the diasporan ARF media is filled with commenters senselessly screaming for Serj's blood in a typical Pavlovian reaction to a tragedy occurring in Armenia. I honestly never thought I'd see the ARF ally itself with LTP, or pathetically kissing the *ss of raffi hovannisian even though hovannisian has rejected every attempt at an ARF-Heritage joint ticket in any of Armenia's elections over the last decade. This only goes to prove that "the party is a (dispensable) tool, the Fatherland is eternal".

As for Gagik Tsarukyan, the nominal head of the second largest party Prosperous Armenia, he seems to have washed his hands of politics. Too bad, I always liked hearing Armenia's wealthiest man giving away medical aid and tractors to poor citizens in isolated Armenian villages during campaign season. Too bad Tsarukyan let the trojan horse, criminal money launderer, and foreign agent vardan oskanian into the ranks of Prosperous Armenia before toning down his activities.

Bottom line here, I regret Hayrikyan got shot, and I'm glad he seems to be back on his feet. I respect him for not using the event as a tool for inciting the masses. Hayrikyan is clearly not an opportunist and an egomaniac like LTP (it also indicates he may be more naïve than one may think). And I respect Serj for sending a clear message that his administration does not approve of or tolerate political violence. We Armenians should be proud of Armenia today, because for all its faults and geopolitical limiting factors, tiny Armenia once again showed that it has more political civility and democracy (yes democracy) than most of the western countries which criticize it every chance they get. We may be witnessing an important stage in Armenia's slow and steady evolution and progression towards building a viable, modern state. Whoever was interested in causing chaos in Armenia may have inadvertently given Armenians cause to unite.

That being said, this latest incident also showed how vulnerable Armenia is to foreign intrigues. We were set up for another upheaval, we just managed to avoid the trap due to a poor shot and political maturity on the part of the victim and Armenia's leadership. Much like in 2008, the dark forces behind the assassination attempt will not stop until Armenians are rioting in the streets and the country is in ashes. They failed to achieve regime change in 2008 (in fact, the "Apricot Revolution" was the failure that stemmed the tide of those hideous "color revolutions" throughout the former USSR), and they failed to create a crisis today in 2013. Those outside forces must be seething with rage, they must be cursing the name Armenia which they just can't topple. We need to be prepared for the trick they will try to pull on the Armenian people.
    Last edited by Sarkis86; 02-04-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Serj has probably accomplished more positive things in one term then any of our other presidents. He has accomplished things i thought could not be done (tiptoeing the line between east and west) successfully. It seems the opposition to Serj is on vacation this term. What i do fear is a big war in the region engulfing Armenia.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
        That may sometimes be the case. But if you're Russia, and Armenia is your last ally in the geopolitically crucial South Caucasus region, and the country is now stable and secure in the Russian orbit, and the threat of another March 2008 "color revolution/Armenian Spring" has been neutralized, and your ally Serj Sarkisyan is set to win reelection smoothly, and the Russian Armed Forces and Russian Intelligence are integrated with Armenia's state security structures to the point where a western-dictated revolution would be crushed instantaneously, and you have your hands full with the west's war against Syria, and the west's aggressive efforts to remilitarize the Russian border with Eastern Europe with missiles and anti-missile systems... Would Russia really benefit from rocking the boat in Armenia?

It seems unlikely. Russia wouldn't make a saakashvili-caliber miscalculation like shooting at a candidate like Hayrikyan, who is less than a "Ross Perot" in the Armenian political world in terms of his influence and electability. The more logical explanation seems to be that someone, somewhere was interested in causing chaos in Armenia during election season. That would benefit the west (which wants to overthrow the Sarkisyan government, set up a puppet like saakashvili in Yerevan, kick the Russians out and surrender Artsakh to azerbaijan in order to clear the way for more gas pipelines from the Caspian through Armenia to turkey bypassing Russia), azerbaijan/turkey (which just want Armenia weakened from internal chaos so they can finish what they set out to do in 1915) and israel (which, due to severe psychologicla defects, eyes Iran-friedndly Armenia as an enemy).
        But Putin is a petulant, paranoid, spoilt-brat kid. It does not matter to him if there exist large amounts of dissent or just little bits of insignificant dissent - they are all the same to Putin: all dissent must be crushed.

I don't mean Putin personally ordered it - it is more likely agents in Armenia doing what they assume Russia would approve of. Hayrikyan is a nobody outside of Armenia, and only a minor somebody inside it. Of course, it could be Hayrikyan just pissed-off some local oligarch in some trivial way and that was enough to get shot.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Keep on with your personal attacks guys and you will be banned. If you disagree with bell, do disagree in clean, respectful language, with his points next time.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
            Keep on with your personal attacks guys and you will be banned. If you disagree with bell, do disagree in clean, respectful language, with his points next time.
            Where was this attention to detail on personal attacks when I got called a turk like 5 times by at least two different posters, not to mention a psycho and neo-nazi. If you're going delete a post where I call a forum member who exhibits trolling behavior a troll, at least issue a warning when others insult me.

Comment

I find this very funny, a few hours before this flesh wound this guy met with the English. I bet they talked all about this plan of theirs, sure enough the man was laying down in the hospital breathing heavily into an oxygen mask near death from a flesh wound...LOL

The minute he figured out that they were not going to delay the elections because of cheap English inspired theatrics, the man that was near death breathing oxygen jumped to life and gave a rousing speech...ROTF!

Comment

Where was this attention to detail on personal attacks when I got called a turk like 5 times by at least two different posters, not to mention a psycho and neo-nazi. If you're going delete a post where I call a forum member who exhibits trolling behavior a troll, at least issue a warning when others insult me.
                This rule is only for Armenians don't you know this? Don't forget this nameless Englishman called Mos a dog, called me a dog, and a few others as well. Oh and your post, Serj and mine have been deleted, only the Englishman's remains. He can say what he wants, call all Armenians names that I have pointed out numerous times, I guess some of these mods had contact with the English embassy in Armenia as well as the shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
                  If something is missed then PM me or a moderator with a link to the post you think is a problem. This complaint is like " but judge, a bunch of other people were speeding too!" Everyone here is a volunteer. They take time out of their days to try to keep things running and usable here. We do our best but we cannot always read every single post. We will miss things sometimes. Just bring it to someone's attention.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Just bring it to someone's attention.
                    You got it, but just to mention one more thing some of us are not little baby's who run to the Mod every two seconds when they can't take the heat!

@Sarkis

Sarkis, you nailed it ignore Bell this is clearly a joke, how could moderators show up only in his defense all the time? I mean being volunteers and all, show up just in the nick of time for an Englishman. God forbid something happens to the Englishman. Like clockwork for his defense only. It's ok we are all called dogs go easy the rule is only for us Armenians!
                    Last edited by Vahram; 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                      You got it, but just to mention one more thing some of us are not little baby's who run to the Mod every two seconds when they can't take the heat!

@Sarkis

Sarkis, you nailed it ignore Bell this is clearly a joke, how could moderators show up only in his defense all the time? I mean being volunteers and all, show up just in the nick of time for an Englishman. God forbid something happens to the Englishman. Like clockwork for his defense only. It's ok we are all called dogs go easy the rule is only for us Armenians!
                      Selective "moderation" only reflects poorly on this site, it doesn't hurt us in any way. And luckily, from the responses I've gotten it appears the subversives don't have to much support from the regular posters.

And if any moderators are interested, I think the level of maturity among the posters over the last four pages has been excellent, as most disputes settled themselves. Calling in a moderator after posting a noncontributory entry really only serves to derail the discussion that's been on taking place. That is simply trolling behavior.

Comment

Working...
                      X