Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranians in Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    This is of concern to me. Many, many Iranian men come to Armenia especially during summer to take advantage of night life, drinking, and also our girls. It is getting to the point where I believe they do more harm than good. You walk during night in the street and you see so many Iranians. What these Iranians are doing in our country is despicable. For ages muslims and arabs have tried to kill us and change our religion; they have caused us so much pain and are to blame for our position today. Why do we embrace them in open hands and why do we let them take our women?
    Hello all,

I did not read all the posts but i want to respond to this one.

I went to Yerevan last year and you are correct, the biggest frequency of tourists came from Iran.

Mos, you say that they are taking our girls. But i only saw these Iranians interact with Armo-hookers, i never saw a Iranian man to be in companion with a normal Armenian girl. I dont mind if these Iranians spend all their money on hookers, if that makes them happy then let them spoil their money.

It was hard for us Armenians to get contact with normal Hayastanci girls, let alone these dark and hairy Iranians! Maybe a few golddigging Armenian girls have been hanging out with these Iranians for the money, but overal i was happy to notice that the Armenian girls in general were kinda hard to get. Or atleast that is how i saw it.

Armenia cannot say, Iranians are not allowed in Armenia because of their behavior. That is out of the question. The only thing we can do is educate our own people and so preventing stupid things to happen, like Armanen mentioned.

There was actually one thing that bothered me but i did not want to create problems on that night so i did not do anything. I think if i faced the same situation again i would not behave the same again. We were at opera and there was this disco. We just wanted to know if there were enough people inside to really pay the entrance for a like 10 people. So i walked and wanted to pass the doorman and he stopped me. He said something in Farsi. I told him i was not Iranian. He told me nicely that he was sorry and did not wanted to create problems but this disco was only for Iranians. I told him: are you crazy, i'm Armenian and i am now in Armenia and you are telling me not to enter this disco? Its only for iranians? are you out of your mind? Then i remember i looked around and i knew if i wanted we would beat the xxxx out of them but i did not want to create problems there at the opera. So i hesitated for a moment but i said oke and i left. That was a thing that actually bothered me when i was in Yerevan. I do not approve this because they should know place as tourists.

Before i went to Yerevan many many Armenians always told me that the Hayastanci's were not good, thieves and hookers with no moral, they would steal from their brother etc. I always knew for myself that these were lies. When i actually went there and came back home i concluded that the people there were many times better then the people who told me all these lies!

Comment

Would like to remind everyone not to go off tangents too much and focus on the topic of this thread which is "Iranians in Armenia". If you guys want, you can create a thread on the general topic of "Racism" and i'll move your posts there.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------
      Novruz Invasions: Iranians visit Armenia to celebrate their New Year

Groups of darker skinned men with accents and women wearing scarves can be seen everywhere in Yerevan these days – in shops, cafes and parks. Almost 20,000 citizens of Iran arrived in Armenia to celebrate their New Year – Novruz.

Iran is one of the four neighbors Armenia has friendly relations with, unlike with Turkey and Azerbaijan. The way Armenians like to spend their summer holidays in neighboring Georgia, Iranians prefer spending their Novruz (March 21-22) in Armenia every year. They come before the big day and stay for a week or more.

“You remember the situation in Armenia during the Soviet period, now the same can be said about Iran, that is why we come to Armenia to celebrate our holiday, because here we forget about the problems of our country, and can wholeheartedly enjoy Novruz,” Kiomars Nagafy, 50, who is in Armenia for the second time to celebrate Novruz, told ArmeniaNow. Nagafy works as a professor at Iran’s State Medical University.

Another reason why Iranians flooded Yerevan is the concert of pop singer Andy, who is popular among Iranians and Iranian-Armenians. Andy's concert is planned for March 25 at the Karen Demirchyn Sports-Concert Complex. He was born and brought up in Tehran, Iran, but since the Iranian Revolution in 1979 Andy resides in the United States.

Concerts of the 52-year old (Andranik Madadian) who sings in Armenian, English, Arabic and Iranian, and mainly about love, are banned in Iran, because after the Iranian Revolution, the government banned Iranian pop-music recorded outside the territory of Iran. Nevertheless, Iranians listen. And have come to Armenia, to see their pop hero.

“We came here not only to celebrate Novruz, but also to listen to our favorite singer’s songs,” says Pezhman Rajabi, 31, who arrived in Armenia with his wife and brother’s family.

The tradition of celebrating Novruz in Armenia contributes to the Armenian tourism and trade development, as Iranian guests book Yerevan hotels; and queues appear in clothes and food shops.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Would like to remind everyone not to go off tangents too much and focus on the topic of this thread which is "Iranians in Armenia". If you guys want, you can create a thread on the general topic of "Racism" and i'll move your posts there.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------
        Novruz Invasions: Iranians visit Armenia to celebrate their New Year

Groups of darker skinned men with accents and women wearing scarves can be seen everywhere in Yerevan these days – in shops, cafes and parks. Almost 20,000 citizens of Iran arrived in Armenia to celebrate their New Year – Novruz.

Iran is one of the four neighbors Armenia has friendly relations with, unlike with Turkey and Azerbaijan. The way Armenians like to spend their summer holidays in neighboring Georgia, Iranians prefer spending their Novruz (March 21-22) in Armenia every year. They come before the big day and stay for a week or more.

“You remember the situation in Armenia during the Soviet period, now the same can be said about Iran, that is why we come to Armenia to celebrate our holiday, because here we forget about the problems of our country, and can wholeheartedly enjoy Novruz,” Kiomars Nagafy, 50, who is in Armenia for the second time to celebrate Novruz, told ArmeniaNow. Nagafy works as a professor at Iran’s State Medical University.

Another reason why Iranians flooded Yerevan is the concert of pop singer Andy, who is popular among Iranians and Iranian-Armenians. Andy's concert is planned for March 25 at the Karen Demirchyn Sports-Concert Complex. He was born and brought up in Tehran, Iran, but since the Iranian Revolution in 1979 Andy resides in the United States.

Concerts of the 52-year old (Andranik Madadian) who sings in Armenian, English, Arabic and Iranian, and mainly about love, are banned in Iran, because after the Iranian Revolution, the government banned Iranian pop-music recorded outside the territory of Iran. Nevertheless, Iranians listen. And have come to Armenia, to see their pop hero.

“We came here not only to celebrate Novruz, but also to listen to our favorite singer’s songs,” says Pezhman Rajabi, 31, who arrived in Armenia with his wife and brother’s family.

The tradition of celebrating Novruz in Armenia contributes to the Armenian tourism and trade development, as Iranian guests book Yerevan hotels; and queues appear in clothes and food shops.

http://armenianow.com/social/21848/a...ovrus_new_year
        I see any of those people I either curse them off or spit on them. Few times bunch of rowdy Iranians came and me and Armenian friends started laughing at there concealed women and their men's speaking and dressing. Iranians thought they could say something to us and we replied that we would bring a whole freaking army and beat the xxxx out of each Iranian here. They saw we were serious and ran away like little rabbits.

We just have to scare away the Iranians since government is not doing anything looks like. And I'll assure you Hayastanics are really annoyed of these muslim persians. Annoying, unruley bunch of people.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I see any of those people I either curse them off or spit on them. Few times bunch of rowdy Iranians came and me and Armenian friends started laughing at there concealed women and their men's speaking and dressing. Iranians thought they could say something to us and we replied that we would bring a whole freaking army and beat the xxxx out of each Iranian here. They saw we were serious and ran away like little rabbits.

We just have to scare away the Iranians since government is not doing anything looks like. And I'll assure you Hayastanics are really annoyed of these muslim persians. Annoying, unruley bunch of people.
          OK, you hate them that's understood, but don't talk for all Hayastantsis I know many and they don't think like you. But I just remind you many Armenians also go on vacation to other places (i.e. Georgia, Turkey) and I know the same feelings you have to the Iranians, those Georgians and Turks have for us. The only thing I say is "treat others how you would like to be treated" and "that which you do to others is going to re-bump to you", they have come, they will tour some days, then they will go. Besides the fact Iranians come to Armenia is a huge thing because it helps our economy and makes our tourism grow, they could go to Azerbaijan or Turkey or Georgia which are countries with a huge tourism industry, but they came to Armenia because they know we are friendly and cool people, so for me and for many is OK. Our country is beautiful and it's really a happy thing others consider it as well, but what is a shame is that many Armenians decide to go to other places when our little piece of heaven has more beautiful things that any other country around.
          Last edited by ashot24; 03-24-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Why i hate them so much?Cause they are muslims?Backwards,pls don't do that,there is a reason for all of the problems,explain ur self.

Sorry i just read the previous posts,and i have one thing to say to you,even if we like it or not we must pursue to live in more democratic society,but by doing this u are harming armenian much more than the iranians do,think what the other nations will view armenia.
            Last edited by UrMistake; 03-24-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post

Heh, the thing is that the term "racism" puts a label on people who already have those inherent characteristics. Being proud of your ethnicity shouldn't be something to be ashamed of and you can't go around pretending there is no such thing as race. A China man looks in the mirror and sees that he is significantly different just like a brown man or a black man or a white man. Identifying someone because of their ethnicity or colour isn't racist, oppressing someone so that they are no longer able to continue their culture IS racist.

"Nobody can give you freedom.
              Nobody can give you equality
              or justice or anything.
              If you're a man, you take it."

As for Iranians being in Armenia, they should naturally expect to be treated differently because that's the nature of mankind. How many Armenians in North America call other Armenians who just migrated as "just coming off the boat" or "boater". That's probably the most disrespectful thing I hear and I always bite my tongue when I hear this as if you are better than they are because you've been living among the anglo-saxons longer than them.
              It's best to stay well clear from cultural or moral relativists, with their true for you, not true for me arguments. No culture is equal (that is a fallacy), no race is equal either (another fallacy) as in genetics some humans are better than others (especially in sports and in reactions to disease and UV radiation). Equality in law and how you treat other people is important, but when you put Armenia alongside Turkey; doesn't take a big brain to realise which culture is better. Neither would I say that because killing xxxs was a morally good act for the Nazi's that it shouldn't be wrong.

Comment

This is pathetic. Armenia finely has a friendly neighbor that actually comes visits us and spends money boosting our economy and this esh and his friends are trying to drive them away. This reminds me of a Armenian sayin - you can take a animal to the river but a esh will still come back thirsty.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I see more benefits of Iranian tourism than negatives. Armenia should continue to work on its tourism sector so as to attract more foreigners to our land.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Man, what an IDIOT you are ....

NO WORDS ......

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      This is pathetic. Armenia finely has a friendly neighbor that actually comes visits us and spends money boosting our economy and this esh and his friends are trying to drive them away. This reminds me of a Armenian sayin - you can take a animal to the river but a esh will still come back thirsty.
                      Yep but its how international politics seem to work, Iran you might say is the most liberal and tolerant nation (beats the Saudi's by a large margin) in the middle east apart from Lebanon (and depending on the context Israel) but don't tell the UN that.

Comment

Working...
                      X