Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How does everyone feel about Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    Oh really? How about those tens of thousands of Iranians who chose to flee to Turkey, Europe or Southern California instead of defending their motherland? How about those who went and will still go at any length to escape the military service? Why should an average Iranian-Armenian act so differently? Armenians of Iran have done/do more than any religious minority to contribute to the prosperity of Iran on different levels; social, economic, cultural...

While I do not agree here with Karo (a recognition means little to Armenia today), I think you sometimes spoil your healthy, intelligent approaches to different matters by such unbalanced statements deriving from a 'superiority' complex which is a result of an underlying inferiority complex.
    Well, in all honesty.... I don't know too many people that would stay and fight knowing the reasons behind the war. Defending your country is one thing and playing pawn for world powers is another. Was anything really accomplished on either side in the Iran-Iraq war besides the slaughter of people on both sides?
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Oh really? How about those tens of thousands of Iranians who chose to flee to Turkey, Europe or Southern California instead of defending their motherland? How about those who went and will still go at any length to escape the military service? Why should an average Iranian-Armenian act so differently? ... I think you sometimes spoil your healthy, intelligent approaches to different matters by such unbalanced statements deriving from a 'superiority' complex which is a result of an underlying inferiority complex.
      1. Tell me more about the Iranian "inferiority complex"-- it's interesting for Iranians to learn what Armenians think of them.

2. Whether I condemn Iranians or not for evading military service is not the point (Frankly, you don't know my views on that subject as I've never expressed them, and it's silly for you to assume you do.). However, I asked Karo several questions -- let's see if he will man-up and answer them directly. Once he answers, you can ask me anything you want.

3. Your question is a silly one - and contains an erroneous factual assumption that I will point out after Karo answer - you're not Karo, so let's not get off track. (Here's a hint: Go and check the dates of when the bulk of the Iranian diaspora took place, and the date of the start of the Iran/Iraq war, and add to it the military service requirements. Once you do that, you will see the flaws in your question.)

Why don't you give Karo a chance to see if he can answer the questions I asked without running interference for him? And please tell us more about the Iranian "inferiority complex" - exactly WHO are we inferior to, WHY do you think we're inferior, and WHERE do you get your data from?
      Last edited by Persopolis; 04-04-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
        1. Tell me more about the Iranian "inferiority complex"-- it's interesting for Iranians to learn what Armenians think of them.
        I wouldn't take it too personally, Armenian women say the same about Armenian men
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

2. Whether I condemn Iranians or not for evading military service is not the point (Frankly, you don't know my views on that subject as I've never expressed them, and it's silly for you to assume you do.). However, I asked Karo several questions -- let's see if he will man-up and answer them directly. Once he answers, you can ask me anything you want.

3. Your question is a silly one - and contains an erroneous factual assumption that I will point out after Karo answer - you're not Karo, so let's not get off track. (Here's a hint: Go and check the dates of when the bulk of the Iranian diaspora took place, and the date of the start of the Iran/Iraq war, and add to it the military service requirements. Once you do that, you will see the flaws in your question.)

Why don't you give Karo a chance to see if he can answer the questions I asked without running interference for him? And please tell us more about the Iranian "inferiority complex" - exactly WHO are we inferior to, WHY do you think we're inferior, and WHERE do you get your data from?

Obviously my talk was referred to the person who said : "Incidentally, why don't you, and others like you, cut the crap: Have you thanked Iran, or were your parents one of those Armenians that got up and fled without helping Iranians when Iraq tried to invade Iran? Or did you grow up in one of those homes where your parents forgot to tell you that the reason many Armenians are alive today is because of Iran?" not to all Iranians. I am an Iranian myself. So no need to generalize...

And it is the point, you just easily down played the role of Iranian-Armenians in the eight-year imposed war. So as an Iranian-Armenian I feel compelled to clarify, regardless of what another member has to say.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          I wouldn't take it too personally, Armenian women say the same about Armenian men
          Anhamer, Kanada...
          Last edited by Lucin; 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Anhamer, Kanada...
            Kiddem Lucin, I was playing diplomat

Comment

In any case, Armenia and Iran like in the past will continue to have cordial relations based on mutual interests, regardless of the Genocide 'recognition'. In today's political atmosphere Iran's recognition of the Genocide would not have much significance, in my opinion.
              If you believe that: Sponsor a petition to take the AG memorials out of Iran that the government approved without precondition starting in the 1930s; write a letter to the former President of Iran asking him rescind his visit to the AG memorial in Armenia (which didn't require bribes or lobbying) and tell the Iranian President that you don't need his condolences. Put in your letter that the U.S. and its allies have treated you better and that a sign should be put up next the Armenian churches that Iran helped build that state the following:

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Go pray towards Mecca and shout 'allahu akbar'
              In case you missed the sarcasm of my points; I believe a lot of under-educated attitudes regarding the contributions Iranians have made to the survival of Armenians and Armenia will harm your countrymen. As these sorts of ideas gain a foothold without sharply being rebuked, you can be certain that Iranians will be increasingly alienated.

If your government hasn't thought of educating its population about the relevant Iranian/Armenian history, in my estimation that's a big miscalculation. Stated differently, I am so surprised at how misinformed, ungrateful, and insulting some Armenians are, and I'm sure other Iranians will be too.

Here's an idea:

1. Go ask your government why Armenia was 3 times the size it was when it was protected by Iran?

2. Ask your government whether the AG occurred AFTER certain Armenian politicians thought that 'Armenia being within Iran's sphere of influence was bad' and demanded that Russia take over?

3. Ask your government how many wars Iran fought against the Ottomans and Mongols that kept trying invade Iran from the North to wipe out Armenia?

4. Ask your government for a list of countries that didn't blockade Armenia during that NK war and refused to sell Baku weapons.

When you have that information at hand, let me know your findings.

Last edited by Persopolis; 04-04-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

you just easily down played the role of Iranian-Armenians in the eight-year imposed war.
                Wrong. I asked a specific person, specific questions in relation to comments HE made. See if you can spot the questions I asked Karo (Is your name "Karo"?):

My Questions to Karo:

1. Have you thanked Iran, or were your parents one of those Armenians that got up and fled without helping Iranians when Iraq tried to invade Iran?

2. Or did you grow up in one of those homes where your parents forgot to tell you that the reason many Armenians are alive today is because of Iran?"

P.S. I have an entire thread devoted to Armenian contributions to Iran and relations with Iranians. I haven't downplayed anything - I am well-aware of the history though others aren't, and where I believe they have an obligation to educate themselves about facts. And some members seem adverse to that information, which is quite shocking to me.
                Last edited by Persopolis; 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

If you believe that: Sponsor a petition to take the AG memorials out of Iran that the government approved without precondition starting in the 1930s; write a letter to the former President of Iran asking him rescind his visit to the AG memorial in Armenia (which didn't require bribes or lobbying) and tell the Iranian President that you don't need his condolences. Put in your letter that the U.S. and its allies have treated you better and that a sign should be put up next the Armenian churches that Iran helped build that state the following:

If your government hasn't thought of educating its population about the relevant Iranian/Armenian history, in my estimation that's a big miscalculation. Stated differently, I am so surprised at how misinformed, ungrateful, and insulting some Armenians are, and I'm sure other Iranians will be too.

Here's an idea:

1. Go ask your government why Armenia was 3 times the size it was when it was protected by Iran?

2. Ask your government whether the AG occurred AFTER certain Armenian politicians thought that 'Armenia being within Iran's sphere of influence was bad' and demanded that Russia take over?

3. Ask your government how many wars Iran fought against the Ottomans and Mongols that kept trying invade Iran from the North to wipe out Armenia?

4. Ask your government for a list of countries that didn't blockade Armenia during that NK war and refused to sell Baku weapons.

When you have that information at hand, let me know your findings.

Please stop distorting what is being said.

You are not the one to tell me to write a letter to the Americans or anyone else for that matter. As it has been proved many times recognition of the Genocide no matter by who (it has been recognized by many countries like France, Argentina, Sweden, etc.) other than being a tool in the West’s pocket to keep the Turks at bay every once in a while does not do any good to Armenia.

Wrong. I asked a specific person, specific questions in relation to comments HE made. See if you can spot the questions I asked Karo (Is your name "Karo"?):

My Questions to Karo:

1. Have you thanked Iran, or were your parents one of those Armenians that got up and fled without helping Iranians when Iraq tried to invade Iran?

2. Or did you grow up in one of those homes where your parents forgot to tell you that the reason many Armenians are alive today is because of Iran?"
                  First of all, Karo is not an Iranian-Armenian, so he is clearly not aware of what you are talking about; the 'involvement' (or non-involvement according to you) of Iranian-Armenians during the war. Second of all, this is a FORUM, everyone can 'interfere' to comment, disagree, agree, clarify and/or point out a fallacy. Get used to it.

Comment

First of all, Karo is not an Iranian-Armenian, so he is clearly not aware of what you are talking about; the 'involvement' (or non-involvement according to you) of Iranian-Armenians during the war. Second of all, this is a FORUM, everyone can 'interfere' to comment, disagree, agree, clarify and/or point out a fallacy. Get used to it.
                    How do you know what Karo is aware of or not? Can you read his mind? He hasn't answered my questions to him - why don't you let Karo answer for himself? Do you brush his teeth for him too?

And if he "is clearly not aware" - maybe he should be. Education is a personal responsibility.
                    It's an old Chinese proverb: "The teacher can open the door to the classroom, but you have to enter yourself."

Comment

How do you know what Karo is aware of or not? Can you read his mind? He hasn't answered my questions to him - why don't you let Karo answer for himself? Do you brush his teeth for him too?

And if he "is clearly not aware" - maybe he should be. Education is a personal responsibility.
                      It's an old Chinese proverb: "The teacher can open the door to the classroom, but you have to enter yourself."
                      Is it too hard for you to understand how a discussion forum functions? Karo is not from Iran, so based on our past convos I know he doesn’t know much about the community. You threw in a fallacy regarding the community, I reserved myself the right to correct it for the unsuspecting reader. End of the story.

Comment

Working...
                      X