Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey's challenge to the Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near East relief Organization.

Near East Relief organization (dominated by American Armenians) served around 450,000 people in Syria, supplying food and daily help to them.

I wonder why should Ottoman state bother to allow them to serve Armenians other than humanitarian reasons.

Fadix it is very nice to hear that you know Arabic and Ottoman script and the language. It is still a taboo in Turkey, I wonder how you learned it.
    It is even harder to read the Ottoman hand writing. I wonder where and how did you learn it. Can you also understand Ottoman language?

Originally posted by Fadix
    You don't even know the commission, I have it, you don't even know the extend of the commission, it's purposes.

The commission purposes was even not that, the Ottoman authorities were so disgusting that they have even decided to loot the relief destinated to the Armenians, even though they have secured billions of gold marks from looting the Armenians and selling their properties.

You have even no clue of the commission, yet you attribute to it a credibility, just because it support your theses. You work backward, you consider credible only the materials that would support your theses, and not having a theses based on the materials available.

As my “usefulness.” I actually have read Ottoman history, and even from biased scholars, did you on the other hand read Armenian history? Don't worry, I think I know the answer, beside reading quotes, and equalling Armenians to backstabber's and traitors...

As for Ottoman Turkish, I know Arabic, I know the Ottoman script, Ottoman language, its calender, and have access to Turkish translators, in that regard I am more prepared to understand Ottoman than you. As for Ottoman newspapers, don't bring me there, because with the amount of materials that was published in it accusing the Ittihadists for having exterminated the Armenians, you'll probably refrain from answering.

As for Ape, the guy is a moron, and worthed his ape title, and you just worthed yours. I do not deny deaths of “humans,” I am not a revisionist and genocide denialist like you and your government are.

Truly yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugra
      Near East Relief organization (dominated by American Armenians) served around 450,000 people in Syria, supplying food and daily help to them.

I wonder why should Ottoman state bother to allow them to serve Armenians other than humanitarian reasons.

Fadix it is very nice to hear that you know Arabic and Ottoman script and the language. It is still a taboo in Turkey, I wonder how you learned it.
      It is even harder to read the Ottoman hand writing. I wonder where and how did you learn it. Can you also understand Ottoman language?
      This information is not accurate, the relief offered were on the transit camps, and the reliefs have prepared too late. There is a distinction between the transit camps and the [concentration] camps. That the Americans, and later the League of Nations have build refugee camps has nothing to do with Ottoman Empire caring for the Armenians, because no any relief organizations were alowed in the concentration camps(not to be mistaken with the transit camps, like those of Allepo, which the Ottoman Empire regardless has decided to close with a circular order when the city of Zor and the Allepo transit camps Armenians were sent(21 major convoys) back in the camps to be destroyed and the Ottoman refused to let the Germans to offer relief.

As for Ottoman language, when I said I knew Ottoman language, I meant the language structure. But I do understand it a little, my parents know with, my grandparents know it, both reading and writting. If you wan't to find people knowing Ottoman language, the Armenians are the first one to consult, many still speak Ottoman Turkish, and know to read Arabic, in Lebanon and Syria, the language reform that was forced upon the population, by the Nationalist regime obvious did not affect those Armenians that were living in Lebanon and Syria and elsewhere. The language is still transmitted in Syria and Lebanon. Gerandparents talk to parents in that language for children to not understand, and later children learn it etc.

Comment

Fadix

Can you please give me the dates when these camps were built?

Because what we know is Ottomans gave pessage to American relief workers to transport theiraid thru Lobenon ports, then under control of Ottoman state to the camps built by Ottomans. Near east relief just served with daily food and medical aid.
        You are mistaking the transit camps and the concentration camps here. The transit camps were where the relief were done, but this doesn't show much. Because they Ottoman was trying to disperse the bodies in a vast region, and had obviously to feed selected number of people that were about to make it through the transit camps.

Comment

Fadix, near east relief says they were helping out 450,000 people in the camps. Ottomans relocated 500,000 Armenians to Syria. Around 300,000 went to Russian side of the front to Tbilisi, Georgia.

My indirect point was not millions of people died in the relocation process.
          The numbers game yet again. Alexander, present Djemal memoirs, from which it is said that 1.5 million Armenians were moved, Talaat notes for a dozens of cities, is estimated to be nearly a million.

To have a more accurate picture, I have digitized one of its major report, that can be accessed here.

Another note, and it is the fact that the American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief organized in 1916, where it already has reported hundreds of thousands of deaths, and later estimates the number of victims to a million or over, as the League of Nations, that later took the charge to provide relief has itself estimated.

And more regarding the 450,000 people you refer to. To have a clue of what really happened later, you could perhaps read: "The Most Terrible Winter the World Has Ever Known" published in 1917 by American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief.

Later, they have published the "Bulletin, 1st series" in 1918, in which they give a destrictiom of the situation. There is also the "Armenian Red Cross and Refugee Fund" Annual Report covvering from 1915-1920, which contradicts like the other reports, your claim that the Ottoman somehow carred.

For the rest, the League of Nations publications followed.

Comment

• Same Turk Different Color Again...

Originally posted by kemal
            What you are doing is just ignoring and denying the deaths of "humans"...

Can't you see this?

You are usuless to humanity.

Actually you are useless as an "amatuer historian" as well.

I advise you to learn more about the Ottoman History if you want to be somebody that people respects. For this you better learn ottoman language. For this you better read more from the Ottoman historians. For this you have to read the newspapers that are published in Ottoman. For this you have to stop calling people Ape and start to understand the suffering of the people without being constrained with the ethnical and religious background. For this you have to start to think freely and open minded. For this you shouldn't falsify and claim as lie those things that doesn't suits your understanding. For this you have to be honest...

You are an Ape. And you are useless even for them...
            kemal, you disappoint me, really...
            After all we exchanged and after all the examples of barbarities committed by your kind the last thousand years, after citing quotes from Turkish sources regarding the pain your grandpaws inflicted on Armenians, after confronting you with the fact that you are destroying our monuments, thus continuing the genocide you are silent. Now you are attacking Fadix and you make a fool of yourself.
            For the millionth time: There are thousands upon thousands of poems, songs, paintings, novels, plays, dances that show the genuine grief and suffering we endured at the paws and under the cloven hoofs of your ancestors. You just "discover", no rewrite Armenian history and change the words Armenian to Turk and vice versa and you snivel and whine like hyenas and shed crocodile tears and spew garbage like "What you are doing is just ignoring and denying the deaths of "humans"...".
            I already told you time and again that.

"A people under occupation HATE, LOATH and DESPISE their occupiers and EVERY act of resistance against them is totally justified.

What do you think of the Palestinians who blow themselves up in busses, game arcades, bazaars, schools, restaurants, etc. killing and maiming indiscriminately?

When have the Vietnamese apologized to Americans for what the Viet-Kong did to them?

Do the Arab world apologize for the atrocities committed by the insurgence when they behead people in front of cameras, drag charred and mutilated bodies of Americans in the streets and hang them from bridges?

Haven’t you read, seen or heard how the allies raped and killed the Germans and treated them like rats and insects when they defeated them in WWII?

Fedayis, Partisans, the Viet-Kong, Iraqi insurgence, Intifadha, etc., WOULDN’T HAVE EXISTED for no reason."

You are looking for sympathy in the wrong place. We Armenians, known as "Milleti Sedika" don't lie. We cannot shed crocodile tears like you when there is no sympathy for the "victims" of acts of self defense.
            This is your only tool to deny the Armenian Genocide, it's lame, thin, worthless and doesn't prove that the Genocide didn't happen.
            Shame on you for your brazenness and your lack of humanity. "You are usuless to humanity.." so keep your advice to yourself.
            Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
            II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
            III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
            IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Try to make friends with us, not enemies.
              I am more then happy to befriend Turks who are not activily participating in the continuing Genocide of our people. For Turks like you I can only offer a one finger salute.

Comment

• Again Bugra - you exhibit great difficulty talking truth and reality - what can i say.

BTW I am an American. I have absolutly no contacts whatsover in the Armenian diaspora community. I speak here as an individual. I've never advocated revenge against Turks per se nor hatred against anyone just because of their race or nation. Its just idiots like you who don't deserve the time of day.

Comment

We are ready to forget about past
                  Yes you are - actually you have already done so....

Comment

• All i know is turks massacered armenians and it was planned=GENOCIDE
                    "All truth passes through three stages:
                    First, it is ridiculed;
                    Second, it is violently opposed; and
                    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

• You dont understand this is not any OFFICIAL version it is my version based on my grandmas eyewitness accounts from Bursa that it was planned and it was kesim (Massacres) in my book that equals GENOCIDE
                      "All truth passes through three stages:
                      First, it is ridiculed;
                      Second, it is violently opposed; and
                      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Working...
                      X