Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ataturks statue in Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope to see you there as well, Eti, hope to see you there. We aren't in different buses though, we're on the same bus, just with a little bit of a misunderstanding. I hope we'll all be able to work together one day as a team.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Sorry to shamelessly plug

But this is why Saco's website idea that Saco, Edoman, Steph, Joseph and I are working is so revolutionary as it has a dialog between Turks and Armenians and there is no hatred, in fact one of the main aims is to create peace and friendship.

I agree that this discussion has gone a little towards the personal side,
      being fair maybe Ataturk had some good policies some bad, thats my point, we wasn't Jesus or Mohammed or Abraham or Quetzalcoatl, he was merely a man, some of his ideas might have been gone, others bad, that why I am saying, its silly to relegate someone to near demigod status.
      To me he had his good and bad points, just like Lenin or Stalin

Comment

I agree with Pedro and like I said, Ataturk was a person. I hate it when people turn others into idols. Stalin and Lenin were nothing less then monsters and of course they did their share of good too but commited so many worse attrocities, evaporating the fact that that they've done some good as well. I won't even talk about hitler.

I hope you understood truly what I was saying all this time, you didn't really reply to my post (I don't blame you, I write books instead of posts sometimes). It did get a bit personal, I just wanted everything to be clear as crystal. Excuses and all that shouldn't be in the conversation when we talk about the Genocide. There is nothing worse then making something feel smaller then it really was. This was unknowingly done so no harm there. I apologize if I said anything that offended anyone in any way at all and yeah, Pedro's right again, this new site could change a lot but we'll have to work together to get anything done, which we are, and more support means a stronger foundation. That's something worth fighting and using our energy for. Anyways, cheers everyone.

Comment

As a total aside

Just to add something quickly regarding the treatment by conquistadors, Greek and Oriental Orthodox people were also targeted during the inquisitions :

King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile set up the Spanish Inquisition in 1478 with the approval of Pope Sixtus IV. In contrast to the previous inquisitions, it operated completely under royal authority, though staffed by secular clergy and orders, and independently of the Holy See. It targeted primarily converts from Judaism (Marranos or secret Jews) and from Islam (Moriscos or secret Moors) — both formed large groups still residing in Spain after the end of the Moorish control of Spain — who came under suspicion of either continuing to adhere to their old religion (often after having converted under duress) or of having fallen back into it. Somewhat later the Spanish Inquisition took an interest in Protestants of virtually any sect, notably in the Spanish Netherlands. In the Spanish possessions of the Kingdom of Sicily and the Kingdom of Naples in southern Italy, which formed part of the Spanish Crown's hereditary possessions, it also targeted Greek Orthodox Christians. After the intensity of religious disputes waned in the 17th century, the Spanish Inquisition developed more and more into a secret-police force working against internal threats to the state.

Hence in the old Spanish empire, Turk, Armenian and Indian alike would have suffered the same brutal treatment

I guess the dude who explains this best is my friend Harut (Hayk Manukyan)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

Ardakılıç, I also agree with you on most of the things, except Ataturk. But for me, of course, Ataturk is not mystic hero or an obscure miracle, he was just a much witted action man who wanted to create a modern state in a short time. This is of course so hard to do, especially for a single man but somehow he got through with this.
            What i entirely reject is that my firend. You summarized the two points that i really object:

i) M. Kemal was not a "lonely civilizateur", not a "creator of nation". Some people are deamonized just because in order to make him hero. For example, Kazim Karabekir. Remember the Izmir Asasination conspiarcy. Just he didnt want to see any competitor, any opponent. I call this argument as "Lonely Man".

ii) Second point of my objection is that "modernization" tale. As i repeat once, in 1908 Ottoman Empire was much more democratic than the era of Kemal; also much more modern. Yes i know, modern is very tricky notion but we can talk some concrete issues about modernnization.

I wish i could tell my points.

Comment

Arda, your welcome to tell your points, I see no problem and I also see what your trying to say. I wish I could be of more help regarding your point though, gotta read up.

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post

I wish i could tell my points.
                Please make your points Arda, the platform's yours!

Comment

More Ataturk stuff worldwide :

n 1981, the centennial of Atatürk's birth, the memory of Atatürk was honored by the United Nations and UNESCO, which declared it The Atatürk Year in the World and adopted the Resolution on the Atatürk Centennial. The Atatürk Memorial in Wellington, New Zealand (which also serves as a memorial to the ANZAC troops who died at Gallipoli); the Atatürk Memorial in the place of honour on ANZAC drive in Canberra, Australia; the Atatürk Forest in Israel; and the Atatürk Square in Rome, Italy, are only a few examples. He has roads named after him in several countries, like the Kemal Atatürk Marg in New Delhi, India, Kemal Atatürk Avenue in Dhaka, Bangladesh, the Atatürk Avenue in the heart of Islamabad in Pakistan, and Mustafá Kemal Atatürk street in the central and upscale Naco district of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. His statues have been erected in numerous parks, streets and squares of many different countries in the world. The famous Madame Tussauds Museum in London has a wax statue of Atatürk. The entrance to Princess Royal Harbour in Albany, Western Australia is named Atatürk Channel.

Comment

What was he trying to do, get in the Guinnes World Records? Greatest number of statues world wide.

Comment

Foreign Affairs Minister of USA, Henry Kissinger, in the funeral of FBI manager J. Edgar Hoover in 1972, said: "We, as Jewish community, had established two states in 20th century. One is Israel, and the other is Turkey".

I do NOT mean a typical rubbish "Jewish conspriacy" 'theory', just stating a fact. It doesnot make sense for me why Kissinger said this...

Comment

Working...
                      X