Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    What the-BLOODY-HELL-is this?
    I guess some Turks, by spewing their kaka around here, have affected you so much… but please, for God’s sake stop the “we” talk…
    The thread was not necessary, my mistake...
    lool XD

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      What the-BLOODY-HELL-is this?
      I guess some Turks, by spewing their kaka around here, have affected you so much… but please, for God’s sake stop the “we” talk…
      The thread was not necessary, my mistake...
      I'm sorry if you don't agree but I think that there needs to be some sort of acceptance for one another. Turks hate Amerians, Armenian's hate Turks. Where is this going to end up in the future? War? If Armenia fights with Turkey and loses then there might not be an Armenia. I love my counrty but I think that if there is no compromise then this is all going to go downhill. No one has changed my mind about anything I just have the impression that if anymore hatred is spread between our counrty and theirs will lead to even worse things for Armenia. My family there doesn't even have a toilet, a refrigerator, or enough food to eat. There are not enough jobs And the government is very corrupt. I don't want things to get any worse over there. Armenian's in Armenia already have a tough time and Turkey and Azerbedjian hating us doesn't make things any better.

Comment

I have no problem with Armenians hating the nationalist and racist Turks, I'll join you on that one. But you guys don't seem to understand that generalizing an entire people makes them stand united against us. Don't push the liberal Turks into the same camp as the nationalists. Making more people hate us = Bad politics.

What we need is 'missionaries' to teach these people the Armenian language and traditions. They are hated even if they pose as Kurds and Turks, so if they're going to be hated anyways, they might as well practice their real culture and be Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
          I have no problem with Armenians hating the nationalist and racist Turks, I'll join you on that one. But you guys don't seem to understand that generalizing an entire people makes them stand united against us. Don't push the liberal Turks into the same camp as the nationalists. Making more people hate us = Bad politics.

What we need is 'missionaries' to teach these people the Armenian language and traditions. They are hated even if they pose as Kurds and Turks, so if they're going to be hated anyways, they might as well practice their real culture and be Armenian.
          I agree with the fact that we should only hate the evil Turks... which is why I said, "the stupid Turkish government" and, "I can't wait until Turkey is no more".

As for the missionaries, I don't think it would be a good idea, because no matter how much the Turkish government says that they treat Armenians fairly, Armenians and Turkey will never be treated equally or fairly, and thus, the missionaries would probably be disapproved.

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
            Why just "me" and "them"?
            Some of us don't want any 'commonality' with sub-beasts. So keep it a personal preference instead of invoking any kind of 'we'. Oh and there is no 'hate'. Not on my part anyway, I mean I don't hate snakes for examples even if they do damage to me or loved ones -- just need to manage them and protect yourself to the best of your ability.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
              Some of us don't want any 'commonality' with sub-beasts. So keep it a personal preference instead of invoking any kind of 'we'. Oh and there is no 'hate'. Not on my part anyway, I mean I don't hate snakes for examples even if they do damage to me or loved ones -- just need to manage them and protect yourself to the best of your ability.
              OK. I understand what you mean.

Comment

No Turks remains in Armenia. Armenians of Turkey have schools, churches,...etc, even an island. Some of them act like cancer. ...

Comment

I think that they show the Turks that we are so similar in most aspects that it's almost impossible to tell the difference between us if you take away our religion and language.
                  Were you on drugs when you wrote the above? (I consider indoctrination - by government, school, media etc. - as a drug.)
                  Is your understanding of "ethnic identity," "culture" and "national mindset" so shallow that it makes it "almost impossible to tell the difference between" Armenians and *urks?
                  Can you sustain - with examples, as you advised Elia in another thread - your surrealistic statement? Thanks.

I'm sorry if you don't agree
                  With all due respect, I think that your statement was well beyond the boundaries of differences of and disagreements in opinions; it was, at best, in the realm of either lack of exposure or ignorance - i.e. pretense+lack of exposure.

but I think that there needs to be some sort of acceptance for one another. Turks hate Amerians, Armenian's hate Turks. Where is this going to end up in the future? War? If Armenia fights with Turkey and loses then there might not be an Armenia. I love my counrty but I think that if there is no compromise then this is all going to go downhill.
                  I think that there's a huge flaw in your reasoning: your initial statement was about the similarities between two nations, it was not about acceptance and tolerance of the difference.

No one has changed my mind about anything
                  You don't seem to have enough exposure to *urks, so somebody - or something - should have "changed" - i.e. shaped - your mind???

I just have the impression that if anymore hatred is spread between our counrty and theirs will lead to even worse things for Armenia. My family there doesn't even have a toilet, a refrigerator, or enough food to eat. There are not enough jobs And the government is very corrupt. I don't want things to get any worse over there. Armenian's in Armenia already have a tough time and Turkey and Azerbedjian hating us doesn't make things any better.
                  It may - or may not - be nothing but an impression.
                  What makes you believe that if Armenians changed their perception of *urks, the latter will show less animosity and become more friendly???? History - of several centuries - suggests otherwise.

P.S. Please exclude me from the "we."

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations
                  Last edited by Siamanto; 05-05-2007, 12:00 AM.
                  What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gizzy View Post
                    I completely agree....From the way they look, I wouldnt have told the difference between these people and the turks...This video is a disgrace to turks...I
                    Just curious, do you agree with the fact that *urks and Armenians "are so similar in most aspects that it's almost impossible to tell the difference between us?"
                    Her statement was not limited to Hidden Armenians, she meant all Armenians.

Originally posted by gizzy View Post
                    I also want to add somthing....
                    I dont know if any of you realized turks dont have any "asian" looks even though they come from asia...most of them look middle eastern wondered why? I have my personaly explanation...It a know fact that they kept the children left from a war and made them soldiers, gave them turkish identity and tought them islam.... I personally think that the main reason of turks being obsessed with their "turkish blood" and "turkish nationality" is cause of these mixings...Thats why if you call a turk "gavur" in other words "infidel" its a big insult...Also I personally know some "fanatic turks" who are "obsessed" with being a turk and at the same time they have a non-turk family root...Therefore its like a defence mechanism for them to have "extra fanatic" turkishness...
                    Yes.
                    In TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey, Armenian, Greek or *urkish is not necessarily a genetic or racial denomination, the difference is of ethnic nature. *urks, not only have stolen the ancestral lands of the natives, they have also stolen the genetic heritage and physical appearance- as if to create the illusion of being the rightful owners of the stolen lands.

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations
                    Last edited by Siamanto; 05-04-2007, 11:26 PM.
                    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by exfo View Post
                      Lets continue to hate Turks.
                      LOL It's all about semiotics: all objects - as signs - have a function and usage. For instance, you can eat an apple, you can draw it etc. You can sit on a chair, use it as a decoration - at least, some of them - etc.
                      You can either hate a *urk - what those who were exposed to them do - use them as watchdogs or killers - that's how the US uses them - or use them as "punching bags" - i.e. Tęte de Turc - in street fairs - that's what the French did - etc.
                      You see, it's all about semiotics!

Last edited by Siamanto; 05-05-2007, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X