Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hezbollah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hezbollah

Originally posted by Catharsis
    Hezbollah restored dignity to Lebanon in particular and Arabs in general from almost constant bullying by the Israelis. Too bad so many of the Arab (often brutal) regimes do not support them calling them terrorists (when the former rules through autocratic and repressive means), but the general Arab public admires their unequal yet heroic fight against Israeli incursion.
    Yes, most gentiles were happy when Israel was defeated, regardless of political or religious sympathies. Even though my father (a Lebanese citizen) is totally opposed to Hezb when it comes to their politics and agenda, he has nothing but good things to say about the ass-whipping they handed to Israeli soldiers.

The 2006 war was the first time an Arab army (or any army) stopped the Israeli army in its tracks. There is a lot of misinformation about Hezb only excelling at guerilla warfare. In the few head-to-head engagements between Hezb and the IDF, Hezb made them retreat due to their superior tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
      Yes, most gentiles were happy when Israel was defeated, regardless of political or religious sympathies. Even though my father (a Lebanese citizen) is totally opposed to Hezb when it comes to their politics and agenda, he has nothing but good things to say about the ass-whipping they handed to Israeli soldiers.

The 2006 war was the first time an Arab army (or any army) stopped the Israeli army in its tracks. There is a lot of misinformation about Hezb only excelling at guerilla warfare. In the few head-to-head engagements between Hezb and the IDF, Hezb made them retreat due to their superior tactics.
      Indeed, I don't agree with Hezbollah's Muslim fundamentalism, but they were the only force that did save Lebanon from another humiliation and even possible occupation. They also do not impose their fundamentalism on other forces within the country, which is again much more tolerant than Israel will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
        Indeed, I don't agree with Hezbollah's Muslim fundamentalism, but they were the only force that did save Lebanon from another humiliation and even possible occupation. They also do not impose their fundamentalism on other forces within the country, which is again much more tolerant than Israel will ever be.
        Hezbollah's fundamentalism stems off from knowing the fundamentalism of the Israeli government.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Hezbollah's fundamentalism stems off from knowing the fundamentalism of the Israeli government.
          Yes, very well put, since it has turned into a survival mechanism for the resistance there, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
            Agreed. Hezbollah's Islamic fundamentalism is exaggerated anyway. It may have started with such an aim but I would place Hezbollah as more nationalist than Islamic fundamentalist these days. Support for Hezbollah is no longer solely Shi'a-based; many Christians support it now. I have even heard of unconfirmed reports that Christians are allowed to serve in it as well. Of course, this does not mean that it is not true to its roots but it seems like establishing an Islamic regime in Lebanon has been postponed indefinitely.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              Agreed. Hezbollah's Islamic fundamentalism is exaggerated anyway. It may have started with such an aim but I would place Hezbollah as more nationalist than Islamic fundamentalist these days. Support for Hezbollah is no longer solely Shi'a-based; many Christians support it now. I have even heard of unconfirmed reports that Christians are allowed to serve in it as well. Of course, this does not mean that it is not true to its roots but it seems like establishing an Islamic regime in Lebanon has been postponed indefinitely.
              Yes Federate and that was very smart of Hezbollah since they were able to transform their popular victory into a broader force that became national and important for all of Lebanon. This was the an important move when they overcame their own particular creed and sought a common consensus in defending and rebuilding the nation. This is also why they remain popular along with their peaceful activities in reaching out to the poor and war stricken segments of the population.

Comment

Hezbollah denies link to arms shipment

The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah issued a brief statement Thursday denying that a shipment of weapons seized by Israeli naval commandos was meant for it.

Israeli officials boarded a ship in waters off Cyprus Wednesday and discovered that the cargo included hundreds of crates of mortars, munitions, anti-tank weapons and rockets.

Israel said the shipment was meant for Hezbollah, which fought a month-long war with Israel three years ago.

But Israel offered no evidence to support the claim the shipment was meant for Hezbollah — and Hezbollah denied any link to the shipment.

In a statement faxed to The Associated Press, Hezbollah said it "categorically denies" any connection to the weapons. The statement also said Israel's actions amounted to "piracy."

Containers had Iranian shipping codes
                Containers taken from the ship, the Francop, had Iranian shipping codes in English. "IRISL" was marked on one side and "I.R. Iranian Shipping Lines Group" on the other. The Israeli military said it found a document on the ship that showed the shipment originated from Iran, but officials didn't show the paper to the media.

Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said Thursday that he hopes the capture of the weapons will be a "wake-up call to those few in the international community who up until now have still held illusions about the true character of the extremist, radical regime in Tehran." Iran had no comment on the seizure.

The seizure spotlighted tensions between Israel and Iran. Israel has said it considers Iran a strategic threat because of its nuclear program and long-range missile development.

Wednesday's seizure was bigger than a similar haul in 2002, when the Israeli military confiscated a vessel with 50 tonnes of missiles, mortars, rifles and ammunition headed for Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip. Israel has said it believes that shipment came from Iran as well.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/1...llah-arms.html

Sounds like a false flag operation by Israel.... and what authority do they have over the waters off the coast of Cyprus? They are itching to start something again.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis
                  Hezb is not just much more tolerant than Israel, but more tolerant than other factions within Lebanon itself. In fact, they are the only faction in Lebanon that has never fired a single shot toward a Christian. The western-backed Sunni faction has been continuously putting Christians down, and various Christian sects have even attacked each other. Hezb's hands are clean in this regard.

And lots of people (even my dad) accuse Hezb of wanting to "Islamicize" Lebanon. I had an experience in Lebanon that changed my view 180-degrees. We were in the center of Beirut, a liberal area which is mostly Sunni, and were sitting at one of the many outdoor restaurants/cafes. My cousin's husband asked for a beer, and the waiter told him that he couldn't serve him beer because it was Ramadan. Yes, the Sunnis in Beirut were forcing everyone, including Christians, to comply with Ramadan traditions, as if it was an Islamic republic. And less than a mile from where we were sitting they had built the biggest mosque in Lebanon, overshadowing an Armenian church that had been there for decades. And Hezb gets accused of having an Islamic agenda by the western-backed Sunnis...

And there's more. When these western-backed Sunnis, most notably the Hariris (who are Saudis, but are considered Lebanese somehow...) were conducting building projects in Beirut at the end of the civil war, they kicked thousands of people out of their homes in order to make space for their building projects. Fair enough, it happens in lots of countries. There were two problems though: The compensation was so little, that according to my cousin's husband, it wasn't even enough to pay to move their stuff to another location, let alone to pay for a new residence. The second problem is they did this to thousands of Lebanese citizens, and the building complexes they built are so up-scale and expensive that only rich Saudis and Gulf Arabs can afford to live there. In essence they cleansed part of Beirut of Lebanese citizens and replaced them with fellow Saudi and Gulf Muslims, in the name of "rebuilding Lebanon".

Contrast the story I just told you with what Hezb did after the 2006 war: Any Lebanese who lost their home in the bombardment simply had to show Hezb that their home was damaged or destroyed, and Hezb compensated each family over $5,000 USD, a large sum of money in Lebanon.

So those Armenians who are not familiar with Lebanese internal politics, and are dumbfounded as to how ARF and Armenians in general are supporting Hezb, now you have a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                    Hezb is not just much more tolerant than Israel, but more tolerant than other factions within Lebanon itself. In fact, they are the only faction in Lebanon that has never fired a single shot toward a Christian. The western-backed Sunni faction has been continuously putting Christians down, and various Christian sects have even attacked each other. Hezb's hands are clean in this regard.

And lots of people (even my dad) accuse Hezb of wanting to "Islamicize" Lebanon. I had an experience in Lebanon that changed my view 180-degrees. We were in the center of Beirut, a liberal area which is mostly Sunni, and were sitting at one of the many outdoor restaurants/cafes. My cousin's husband asked for a beer, and the waiter told him that he couldn't serve him beer because it was Ramadan. Yes, the Sunnis in Beirut were forcing everyone, including Christians, to comply with Ramadan traditions, as if it was an Islamic republic. And less than a mile from where we were sitting they had built the biggest mosque in Lebanon, overshadowing an Armenian church that had been there for decades. And Hezb gets accused of having an Islamic agenda by the western-backed Sunnis...

And there's more. When these western-backed Sunnis, most notably the Hariris (who are Saudis, but are considered Lebanese somehow...) were conducting building projects in Beirut at the end of the civil war, they kicked thousands of people out of their homes in order to make space for their building projects. Fair enough, it happens in lots of countries. There were two problems though: The compensation was so little, that according to my cousin's husband, it wasn't even enough to pay to move their stuff to another location, let alone to pay for a new residence. The second problem is they did this to thousands of Lebanese citizens, and the building complexes they built are so up-scale and expensive that only rich Saudis and Gulf Arabs can afford to live there. In essence they cleansed part of Beirut of Lebanese citizens and replaced them with fellow Saudi and Gulf Muslims, in the name of "rebuilding Lebanon".

Contrast the story I just told you with what Hezb did after the 2006 war: Any Lebanese who lost their home in the bombardment simply had to show Hezb that their home was damaged or destroyed, and Hezb compensated each family over $5,000 USD, a large sum of money in Lebanon.

So those Armenians who are not familiar with Lebanese internal politics, and are dumbfounded as to how ARF and Armenians in general are supporting Hezb, now you have a better idea.
                    Thank you ArmSurvival, I had no idea about sunnis. Please do tell, are all Persians/Iranians sunnis or mostly sunnis? Now I see why the ARF officials have respect towards Hezbollah.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      Thank you ArmSurvival, I had no idea about sunnis. Please do tell, are all Persians/Iranians sunnis or mostly sunnis? Now I see why the ARF officials have respect towards Hezbollah.
                      Iranians are shiites, as are Hezbollah. Over 60% of Iraq's population is shia too. The azeri's are also shia. Sunni islam though accounts for nearly 90% of the worlds muslim population.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X