Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hezbollah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hezbollah

Originally posted by SoyElTurco View Post
    that's whats up.
    Yeah, a paper tiger which can't come to terms with its past, hasn't been in a real war since the 1920s the only real action being against a few thousand poorly armed kurdish militia. Quite an achievement...NOT!
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Yeah, a paper tiger which can't come to terms with its past, hasn't been in a real war since the 1920s the only real action being against a few thousand poorly armed kurdish militia. Quite an achievement...NOT!
      Okay fine, you guys next.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd View Post
        Armenian, you raise an important point here: You, I and every other self-respecting Armenian in the diaspora has the obligation to promote Armenia to compensate for our lack of resources. We, the grass roots of the surviving diaspora, have to take it upon ourselves to promote Armenia. Figure out how you can participate in promoting Armenian interests. In what ways do you believe tangible contributions can be made by Armenians worldwide? Keeping in mind the diversity of Armenians do you have more then one recommendation so that involvement can be on a wider scale and focused on multiple fronts?
        You have raised a 'personal' question. Personal, in the sense that the answer to your question is dependent upon the capabilities of the individual answering it.

In my opinion, however, regardless of where an Armenian lives and who an Armenian is married to - be it Armenian, European, Middle Easterner or Asian - the primary task of an Armenian parent/parents is to raise first and foremost - Armenians. This is the 'fundamental' base from upon which the answer of your question can be derived from in the longterm. And raising Armenians essentially means raising a child that is secure with his/her identity, sees the Armenian Republic as his/her homeland and sees Armenians living there as compatriots. This is the fundamental key to solving all our problems. Each and everyone of us has an obligation, especially in the diaspora, to nurture a healthy sense of Armenianism in our offsprings. The sad reality of the matter is, however, the vast majority of the Armenian diaspora today as well as a significant portion of the Armenian population in our republic is either lost or worthless to the republic.

There are many things an individual can do to promote Armenia, use you imagination. Of the more immediate things that can be done are the following:

If wealthy, invest in the country. If entrepreneurial, start a business in the county. If professional, and financially secure, do your profession in the country. If young, and a citizen of the republic, serve in the military of the country. If a student in the diaspora, write your school thesis/paper/report on relevant Armenian topics. If a no body, try hard to become something in life.

Talk to your non-Armenian peers about your heritage and homeland. Post information on the web (discussion forums/YouTube) pertaining to Armenia and Armenians. Write articles in local Armenian papers pertaining to Armenia and Armenians. Partake in important community affairs that have to do with the Armenian Republic. Volunteer to serve within one of several organizations that carry out important cultural/social/professional services in the republic...

One can also support good Armenian organizations in the diaspora such as the ANC or the ARF. I also need to mention here that one should not support stooges in our communities that work for the US government, entities such as the Armenian Assembly and various English language news media outlets such as ArmeniaNow and Radio Liberty. Do not support or read materials produced by American based Armenian historians such as Nina Grsoian, Richard Hovanesian, Ronald Suny and director of Armenian studies at Harvard, James Russel, a Zionist Jew.

Nevertheless, and most of all, as the other members here have correctly stated, and it can't be overemphasized - we diasporans need to either move to Armenia or vacation there. At the very least, even if you don't do any of the above, I would like to see diasporan Armenians frequently visiting the Armenian republic and perhaps purchasing a home there, place where they can call home in the homeland.

It is said that there are around ten million Armenians in the world today, and many more if we take into account those assimilated during the past several generations. Just imagine. If a significant portion, not even a majority, perhaps 1/4 or 1/3 of out total population, did any of the above, Armenia would be a powerful self-sustaining/self-reliant nation. The potential is there.

And there is no need to engage in pessimistic talk about none of this coming to fruition because of this or that...

Just do 'your' part. Take it upon 'yourself' to do it and set a good example for others. You can be one of the greatest promotions/assets/tools/resources of the Armenian Republic.

Regardless of where one lives Armenia should be consider homeland

Վարդանանք http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hivQiSAEAC4&NR=1

This is Armenia! [Part 1]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rplovmZKNYI

This is Armenia! [Part 2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECmtd...eature=related

Armenia (CNN commercial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=addR8C-8qJs

Armenia on CNN (Part2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uAb0...eature=related
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
          I praise them only as that personally. Actually, I don't praise Hamas really -- I do like Hezbollah however -- could care less about their views on Allah and their social outlook. Besides, you can't really claim there is no nationalist aspect to these groups -- Hezbollah are Lebanese and are Lebanese focused -- they represent and protect the interests of Lebanese Shia's. Likewise Hamas and Palestinians.

Islam is not a religion to be praised. We all know more or less what the true Islam and its backward, racist teachings are about. If you don't know, then take a look at the Torah. They are quite similar.

I more or less agree with you, here. But like it or not, from a Palestinian perspective, Hamas regardless of their social outlook, regardless of their religious beliefs, should be the spokesman of any self-respecting Palestinian, for now.

Tigranakert,
          The priest who was killed was an evangelist who was converting Muslims into Christianity. Apparently, he had received several warnings from the Patriarch to stop it too but fell on deaf ears...

There are just so many misconceptions and misunderstandings that I am not willing to get engaged into such discussions. It's just futile.
          Last edited by Lucin; 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hezbollah are all and all the good guys. They are only around 10,000 strong and they fought off the whole Israeli military in Lebanon. It has to be one of the worst military failures in Israeli history. People are nervous around Hezbollah, in fact 60,000 people left Lebanon because they gained more power there.

But you have to remember Lebanon is a stable democratic nation, its elections are always fair, and that Israel wanted to invade and destroy the whole Lebanese nation not just Hezbollah.

So whether or not Hezbollah committed terrible things (which it has) it largely redeemed itself from saving its own nation from Israeli domination and conquest. So I don't love Hezbollah but I do respect what they have done.
            Last edited by hipeter924; 01-23-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
              Hezbollah are all and all the good guys. They are only around 10,000 strong and they fought off the whole Israeli military in Lebanon. It has to be one of the worst military failures in Israeli history. People are nervous around Hezbollah, in fact 60,000 people left Lebanon because they gained more power there.
              No one is nervous around Hezbollah except the useless Maronite population in Lebanon who still think they hold all the cards there despite most of them fleeing on boats to Canada and Detroit while it was the Muslim quarters being bombed by the J3w.

But you have to remember Lebanon is a stable democratic nation, its elections are always fair, and that Israel wanted to invade and destroy the whole Lebanese nation not just Hezbollah.
              No my friend, Lebanon can hardly be considered a "democracy". If Lebanon was a democracy, Hassan Nasrallah would be the president and the Shi'a would have majority in parliament. Check out Lebanese politics if you want more info on their unique system of governance. It was designed by the French so that the Christian population always remains in power. However, since those cowards all flee and Muslim breed fast, the minority is shrinking further more.

So whether or not Hezbollah committed terrible things (which it has)
              How has it committed terrible things? Can you give me an example?
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

So whether or not Hezbollah committed terrible things (which it has)...
                Like what

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  Like what
                  The Israeli's blame them for some random massacre in South America. I don't know if that can backed up.

Comment

No my friend, Lebanon can hardly be considered a "democracy". If Lebanon was a democracy, Hassan Nasrallah would be the president and the Shi'a would have majority in parliament. Check out Lebanese politics if you want more info on their unique system of governance. It was designed by the French so that the Christian population always remains in power. However, since those cowards all flee and Muslim breed fast, the minority is shrinking further more.
                    Maybe but its a better democracy than Israel's.

Comment

The Israeli's blame them for some random massacre in South America. I don't know if that can backed up.
                      Israel blames them for global warming as well. What's your point?

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X