Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hezbollah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hezbollah

So because there is evidence which goes against the grain of what you're stating it must be because it is not "scholarly" enough or "serious"? This is silly, you're right. And who cares about the last word? That's not why we discuss these things.

The original point being was that there is this unchecked praise of these Islamic groups that goes on in here which is just silly in my opinion considering these people and their religion are contrary to the values we hold in esteem and we of all people should know that having lived under them.

Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., are all fine and dandy as resistance against Israeli aggression, but beyond that, I see no reason to praise them. They are fundamentally different and juxtaposed in a way that is antithetical to the interests of nationalists or those who seek hold high the virtues of a country and nation, an earthly aim, as opposed to Allah, a heavenly aim.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
      Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., are all fine and dandy as resistance against Israeli aggression, but beyond that, I see no reason to praise them.
      I praise them only as that personally. Actually, I don't praise Hamas really -- I do like Hezbollah however -- could care less about their views on Allah and their social outlook. Besides, you can't really claim there is no nationalist aspect to these groups -- Hezbollah are Lebanese and are Lebanese focused -- they represent and protect the interests of Lebanese Shia's. Likewise Hamas and Palestinians.

Comment

Armenian, I totally agree with you that the Diaspora Armenians also bring with them some dangers, ofcourse the diaspora must be handled with caution.

I did not say the Armenian government must control the lives of the Diaspora Armenians, but they can promote the Armenian heritage, culture and history by way of ''propaganda'' (telling the truth, whereas Turkey is telling lies as propaganda). Turkey and Israel (ofcourse not comparable with our budget) both have a strong connection with their Diaspora, both having a huge propaganda-information-machine. Who else but Armenia herself can attract the Diaspora Armenians? Thus I believe it is the task of the Armenian government to promote our cultural heritage, to promote repatriation (to involve in the communities of the Armenia Diaspora) and when they fail in this important aspect, the blaim is also on independent Armenia herself.

You are right, it takes time, Armenia must be stable first and must be able to feed her own citizens, but I think this can be accomplished sooner with the help of the Diaspora Armenians (and thus by attracting them).

I totally disagree that a nation's government is a reflection of the nation. A lot of government's in the world came in power through force and corruption, not by the will of the people. Armenia deserves the best politician. There are a lot of ''obvious'' things our government neglects or does wrong, I wonder if you read the articles of Dr. Armen Ayvazyan?

Can you explain to me for example, why the government still does not have a ''plan'' as regards showing the map of Armenia/Artsakh? Why does the Armenian government fail to react to the ''Khojaly suicide-massacres'' by brining the slaughter forward in Baku and Sumgait?

As I see it, the problem in Armenian politics today is - inexperience, incompetence and Bolshevik mindsets. This will changes with time. The changes, however, have to be homegrown, in other words not imported from the West. And such changes have to be gradual. The political environment in Armenia needs evolution not revolution.

Totally agree, a lot of current politicians are inexperienced. I heard Seyran Ohanyan lives in a small appartment in downtown Yerevan, I do not think ''true nationalist'' can save up tens of millions of dollars like our president Serge Sarkisyan and Robert Kocharian (tsakhadzor resort, companies, restaurants, bank), living in a villa whereas other brothers and sisters live in small boxes where they have been living in for 20 years after the Gyumri earthquake. No, a true nationalist would give all his money building new homes for our poor brothers and sisters throughout Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          Armenian, I totally agree with you that the Diaspora Armenians also bring with them some dangers, ofcourse the diaspora must be handled with caution.

I did not say the Armenian government must control the lives of the Diaspora Armenians, but they can promote the Armenian heritage, culture and history by way of ''propaganda'' (telling the truth, whereas Turkey is telling lies as propaganda). Turkey and Israel (ofcourse not comparable with our budget) both have a strong connection with their Diaspora, both having a huge propaganda-information-machine. Who else but Armenia herself can attract the Diaspora Armenians? Thus I believe it is the task of the Armenian government to promote our cultural heritage, to promote repatriation (to involve in the communities of the Armenia Diaspora) and when they fail in this important aspect, the blaim is also on independent Armenia herself.

You are right, it takes time, Armenia must be stable first and must be able to feed her own citizens, but I think this can be accomplished sooner with the help of the Diaspora Armenians (and thus by attracting them).

I totally disagree that a nation's government is a reflection of the nation. A lot of government's in the world came in power through force and corruption, not by the will of the people. Armenia deserves the best politician. There are a lot of ''obvious'' things our government neglects or does wrong, I wonder if you read the articles of Dr. Armen Ayvazyan?

Can you explain to me for example, why the government still does not have a ''plan'' as regards showing the map of Armenia/Artsakh? Why does the Armenian government fail to react to the ''Khojaly suicide-massacres'' by brining the slaughter forward in Baku and Sumgait?

As I see it, the problem in Armenian politics today is - inexperience, incompetence and Bolshevik mindsets. This will changes with time. The changes, however, have to be homegrown, in other words not imported from the West. And such changes have to be gradual. The political environment in Armenia needs evolution not revolution.

Totally agree, a lot of current politicians are inexperienced. I heard Seyran Ohanyan lives in a small appartment in downtown Yerevan, I do not think ''true nationalist'' can save up tens of millions of dollars like our president Serge Sarkisyan and Robert Kocharian (tsakhadzor resort, companies, restaurants, bank), living in a villa whereas other brothers and sisters live in small boxes where they have been living in for 20 years after the Gyumri earthquake. No, a true nationalist would give all his money building new homes for our poor brothers and sisters throughout Armenia.
          I'm a person from Gyumri and you can't use Gyumri to criticize the goverment or the people living there. you say that the rich don't do anything for the city or the people but that's very wrong. They do, the city is being rebuild step by step. And almost all of the people who have lost their home have gotten one. There are very little domics left. And most was build by the government and the rest was by the rich who wanted to help. Do you think it's cheap to build all those buildings. And why didn't you give all your money to help rebuilt he city?

Comment

The focus of this was not how Christianity was spread. Of course Christianity was spread by violence as well in many parts. But can you truly claim that Christianity was spread more violently than Islam? That is the point. Differences are in degrees, not kinds. Your defense of Islam is an uphill battle.

And I don't know what you are aiming for divulging your knowledge of the crusades. My only point was that the crusades were launched not for any imperialistic goal of spreading religion, or booty.
            You realy dont know what was crusades do you. It was against to all non-christians.. That is why armenian mentioned northern europea. It was not only against muslims.

Maybe you should review your history of the crusades because you ignored how in Jerusalem prior to the crusades Christians were second class and persecuted. They were crucified, executed, and of course there was the jizya. Even WikiAnswers seems to have this:
            They destiny was most probably better than muslims at Europea.

Anyway, Islamic nationes never built a joint force against non-believers(Unlike christians.) and we have not "missionaries". Just think again, who is more expansionist.

It is also interesting, largest muslim nation in world, choose islam without islamic occupation.(This is also true for majority Turks.)

I am not even talking, what christians did at africa and america.

Comment

I did not say the Armenian government must control the lives of the Diaspora Armenians, but they can promote the Armenian heritage, culture and history by way of ''propaganda'' (telling the truth, whereas Turkey is telling lies as propaganda). Turkey and Israel (ofcourse not comparable with our budget) both have a strong connection with their Diaspora, both having a huge propaganda-information-machine...
              Enker, this is what I mean by you sounding silly. You are comparing Armenia, a tiny, resourceless, impoverished, landlocked, embattled nation in the Caucasus with Turkey and Israel?!?!?!

This is ludicrous.

Did you realize that Turkey has one of the biggest economies in the world. Turkey is Europe's China. Istanbul hosts the world's fourth largest group of 'Billionaires' - after Moscow, New York and London. The Turkish army is the second largest in Europe, second only to Russia. And don't even attempt to bring up the Zionist State in comparison to Armenia.

Damn. What is wrong with you Armenians???

Who else but Armenia herself can attract the Diaspora Armenians? Thus I believe it is the task of the Armenian government to promote our cultural heritage, to promote repatriation (to involve in the communities of the Armenia Diaspora) and when they fail in this important aspect, the blaim is also on independent Armenia herself.
              Leave the government in Armenia alone and let them do their jobs. Like I said, given our resources, they will have a hard enough time protecting our borders. You, I and every other self-respecting Armenian in the diaspora has the obligation to promote Armenia to compensate for our lack of resources. We, the grass roots of the surviving diaspora, have to take it upon ourselves to promote Armenia. Figure out how you can participate in promoting Armenian interests.

I totally disagree that a nation's government is a reflection of the nation. A lot of government's in the world came in power through force and corruption, not by the will of the people. Armenia deserves the best politician. There are a lot of ''obvious'' things our government neglects or does wrong,
              Generally speaking, governments are a reflection of the people they rule over. This does not apply to situations like Iraq where governmental change was brought upon by foreigners by the use of force. Take a close look at various other nations, Turkey, Russia, EU, India, USA, Britain, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and you shall see that in essence the rulers reflect the very nature and character of the people they rule over. So, yes. Our corrupt oligarchs and our ignorant politicians reflect the current state of our people's character.

I wonder if you read the articles of Dr. Armen Ayvazyan?
              I know him personally. I have great respect for him. Although he engages in "constructive criticisms" (something Armenians don't want to learn) of the Armenian government, he nevertheless would love to land a position with the current government; and he considers Levon Ter Petrosian a treasonous criminal as well.

Can you explain to me for example, why the government still does not have a ''plan'' as regards showing the map of Armenia/Artsakh?
              The map of Artsakh is a major global geopolitical issue, its outcome can have very serious consequences internationally. Realize that it took Russia, a nuclear superpower, close to twenty years to bring Abkhazia and South Ossetia back under its fold and its will probably take another twenty years if not more to bring Crimea back to Russia. And here we are acting big over Artsakh. If the global community really wanted to get Armenians out of Artsakh do you actually think Armenia could successfully refuse? Anyway, the Armenian government is not going to compromise serious diplomacy or/or political maneuvering just to satisfy your whims, however good intentioned they may be. It may one day come down to pulling back from some of the areas in Artsakh, maybe not. However, the final determinant will not be based on our wishes, nor will the final determination be made by you, I, or even the Armenian president. Take a close look at who and what we are in the world today. There are 'much bigger' and 'much more powerful' forces at play here. Little hint: Russia is the key to our success. As long as Moscow sees our Armenia as a strategically important ally Artsakh is not going anywhere, and it may even further increase in size. Nonetheless, we all need to hope for the best. However, I have no doubt that the current administration in Yerevan can be fully trusted to do the right thing regarding Armenia/Artsakh.

Why does the Armenian government fail to react to the ''Khojaly suicide-massacres'' by brining the slaughter forward in Baku and Sumgait?
              One of the more obvious answers here is - complacency. We are the victors, we have Russia's backing, we enjoy good relations with Iran, we enjoy good relations with the EU and the US... So, in a sense, we don't care. I agree with you that the government should be more aggressive and proactive regarding these types of matters.

I heard Seyran Ohanyan lives in a small appartment in downtown Yerevan,
              In my opinion, Seyran Ohanian deserves a palace. He is one of our 'very few' professional and seasoned warriors. My respects for Sargsyan to recognize this about Ohanian.

I do not think ''true nationalist'' can save up tens of millions of dollars like our president Serge Sarkisyan and Robert Kocharian (tsakhadzor resort, companies, restaurants, bank), living in a villa whereas other brothers and sisters live in small boxes where they have been living in for 20 years after the Gyumri earthquake. No, a true nationalist would give all his money building new homes for our poor brothers and sisters throughout Armenia.
              Enker, you are still very young, inexperienced and naive. You still need to understand the world you live in. And I mean no offense by saying this. I was the same... You are talking about 'human' failings. The Nazis, the epitome of nationalism, were guilty of the same crimes. In relative terms, the same could be said of every single nation on earth today, including the best of the West. Men will be men, and regardless of ideology there will always be gluttony, greed, and corruption amongst rulers. Don't forget, rulers of a nation reflect the people of the nation. I have absolutely no problems with Sargsyan making millions, if not billions, due to his connections as president. If anyone should be filthy rich it should be the president.

And all those Armos in LA, Beirut or Yerevan that complain about Sargsyan/Kocharyan doing this and that - would be the first ones doing this and that if they were in power.

My advise, learn to accept/understand/deal with the corruptible nature of mankind, you'll be a much happier person for it.

And don't believe in the majority of the stupid rumors revolving about Sargsyan and Kocharyan. Armenians, as a people, love to 'gossip' and 'destructive' gossip is what they excel in.

Let's please end this conversation.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Armenian, you raise an important point here:

You, I and every other self-respecting Armenian in the diaspora has the obligation to promote Armenia to compensate for our lack of resources. We, the grass roots of the surviving diaspora, have to take it upon ourselves to promote Armenia. Figure out how you can participate in promoting Armenian interests.

In what ways do you believe tangible contributions can be made by Armenians worldwide? Keeping in mind the diversity of Armenians do you have more then one recommendation so that involvement can be on a wider scale and focused on multiple fronts?

Comment

I know this question was not directed at me but i would like to say that a great way we can help our country is to go there and try to be as much a part of it as we can.Most people in the diaspora havent even been to hayastan (some of the biggest self proclaimed hayrenasers).Forming bonds In our homeland with our people, our history/culture and even nature is the greatest feeling you will have. This connection will benefit both you and the people of Hayastan.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I know this question was not directed at me but i would like to say that a great way we can help our country is to go there and try to be as much a part of it as we can.Most people in the diaspora havent even been to hayastan (some of the biggest self proclaimed hayrenasers).Forming bonds In our homeland with our people, our history/culture and even nature is the greatest feeling you will have. This connection will benefit both you and the people of Hayastan.
                    Bravo, I fully agree with you. It's actually sad that in some cases we need to convince a diaspora "Armenian" to visit Armenia. However I do witness that more and more Armenians in my environment visit Armenia and most of them keep returning every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      Turkey has one of the biggest economies in the world. Turkey is Europe's China. Istanbul hosts the world's fourth largest group of 'Billionaires' - after Moscow, New York and London. The Turkish army is the second largest in Europe, second only to Russia.
                      that's whats up.

Comment

Working...
                      X