Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hezbollah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hezbollah

Thanks for the info ArmSurvival and the recollection of personal experiences is also quite telling.

Comment

I will take a Shiite over a Sunni any day, even though I have had many confrontations (some really ugly ones) with anti Armenian sentiments from Shiites in Iran.
      I do know however that most educated middle class Persians are Iranians first, Muslims second and most are very good with Armenians. One of my best friends is an Iranian.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        I will take a Shiite over a Sunni any day, even though I have had many confrontations (some really ugly ones) with anti Armenian sentiments from Shiites in Iran.
        I do know however that most educated middle class Persians are Iranians first, Muslims second and most are very good with Armenians. One of my best friends is an Iranian.
        Turks are Sunni, Iraq is Sunni/Shia and Iran is Shia. If it wasn't for the Sunni/Shia divide, the middle east would be a solid rock.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Turks are Sunni, Iraq is Sunni/Shia and Iran is Shia. If it wasn't for the Sunni/Shia divide, the middle east would be a solid rock.

Not so sure about that. There is still the arbitary borders of the middle eastern countries, and no leader of any of those nations will want to give up their power to a neighboring leader. If religion isn't the issue there will always be other factors for people and countries to fight over, it is human nature.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

I'm curious what the arguments were about. Do you mind telling us?
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              Not so sure about that. There is still the arbitary borders of the middle eastern countries, and no leader of any of those nations will want to give up their power to a neighboring leader. If religion isn't the issue there will always be other factors for people and countries to fight over, it is human nature.
              I find it odd that after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, the borders were neatly drawn along "religious" lines. There are historical reasons for the divisions, perhaps deeply rooted in the politics of the past but if Muslims united regardless of their branch, they would be a force to reckon with. Unity among people will always be stronger than any government. The reason governments have so much power is because of divisions among the people. Obviously the Arab/Muslim governments supporting Israel aren't doing so for the good of the citizens in the region but rather because those in the government benefit from doing so. Israel wants control over Lebanon and if it weren't for Hezbollah and company, Lebanon would be conveniently ransacked by big brother Israel.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                I find it odd that after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, the borders were neatly drawn along "religious" lines. There are historical reasons for the divisions, perhaps deeply rooted in the politics of the past but if Muslims united regardless of their branch, they would be a force to reckon with. Unity among people will always be stronger than any government. The reason governments have so much power is because of divisions among the people. Obviously the Arab/Muslim governments supporting Israel aren't doing so for the good of the citizens in the region but rather because those in the government benefit from doing so. Israel wants control over Lebanon and if it weren't for Hezbollah and company, Lebanon would be conveniently ransacked by big brother Israel.

I'm sure you know who 'drew' the boundaries of the current Arab countries and they did the same in Africa and east Asia to a lesser extent. The arab governments which support israel do it purely for politcal and economic reasons, after all, egypt does get more funding than israel from the u.s. but that is basically to keep the peace and ensure continued egyptian cooperation with u.s./israeli aims in the region. It has been stated by many, but one of the leading reasons why the muslim world, and arabs in particular, dislike the united states is because of the double standard, the u.s. always advocates democracy but doesn't hesitate to support un-elected, and unpopular governments. At least with the other powers vying for influence in the region, i.e. Russia & China, they don't get involved with internal affairs publicly and as long as their said interests are taken care of, they could care less who runs the government(s).

Another region that would be a force to reckon with if united would be Latin America, but that is just as unlikely as the Middle east being truly united.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  I'm curious what the arguments were about. Do you mind telling us?
                  Discriminations, segregations, insults, ridicules……….these things were more prevalent at school level.

Examples are:
                  Being called a dirty Armenian or Armenian dog.
                  Pointing to yellow ants on the ground (compared to the numerous black ones), calling them Armenians and then stomping on them. Hahaha, that set me off like crazy maniac.
                  Getting ganged up on.
                  Getting pulled out of class because they were going to talk to the other students about something that we Armenians were not allowed to hear.
                  Teachers beating us up more than others and for no good reasons at all.
                  Being told to get out, this not your country. You know……….normal stuff.

As we grew older these things settled down and most cases we were all Iranians in their eyes. Armenians in military were honored properly.
                  But really with all this said, I would rather be in Iran than any other Muslim country, even with them freaking Mullahs in charge.

KanadaHye: The biggest conflict between Sunnis and Shiites will be Iran Vs Saudi Arabia...........this is what is about regardless of businesses between the two. It is the old Arab Vs Persian deal which can never heal.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Not to mention the fact that not only is Hassan Nasrallah from Bourj Hammoud but his childhood friends were all Armenian and he is reportedly fluent in the language
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      Not to mention the fact that not only is Hassan Nasrallah from Bourj Hammoud but his childhood friends were all Armenian and he is reportedly fluent in the language
                      So I wonder if Ahmadinejad's reported Armenian ancestry is true as well...

"Ahmadinejad was born near Garmsar in the village of Aradan, in Semnan province, the fourth of seven children. His father, Ahmad, was an ironworker, grocer, barber, blacksmith, and religious Shi'a who taught the Qur'an. His mother, Khanom, was a Seyyede, an honorific title given to those believed to be direct bloodline descendants of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Ahmadinejad's father changed his name from "Sabourjian" or "Sabaghian" when Ahmadinejad was four years old to avoid discrimination when the family moved to Tehran as the rural name inferred a lowly social standing. Sabor is Farsi for thread painter, a once common occupation within the Semnan carpet industry. Ahmadinejad was chosen as it means from the race of Ahmad, one of the names given to Muhammad."

Comment

Working...
                      X