Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by lil View Post
    haha, well except feminism usually turns into demonising men and characterising having a family and children as "backwards". Men yes have authority over women in the bigger decisions (finances, job, big decisions, etc) of course woman's input is often needed.

demonising men is a very big sterotype. kinda like you thinking there were no armenian lesbians before me. why are you more qualified than a woman?
    Let's see if I'm the one working and bringing in the money, I pretty sure I'm the one qualified to make decision on the finances and larger decisions of the household.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Let's see if I'm the one working and bringing in the money, I pretty sure I'm the one qualified to make decision on the finances and larger decisions of the household.
      So if you earn more money then that means you're also better at managing finances? How's that? And what "larger decisions" of the household do you mean?

Don't you see how backwards that is to pressure/shame/force women to stay at home and not have careers outside the home, but then use that as an excuse why they shouldn't be the ones making the decisions or handing finances?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

ՀՈՄՈՖՈԲՆԵՐԸ ԹԱՔՆՎԱԾ ԳԵՅԵՐ ԵՆ. ՊՆԴՈՒՄ ԵՆ ԳԻՏՆԱԿԱՆՆԵՐԸ

article's photo
        Ամենաագրեսիվ հոմոֆոբներն, իրականում, իրենք են երազում միասեռ սիրո մասին: Այսպիսի սենսացիոն բացահայտում են արել ամերիկացի եւ բրիտանացի գիտնականները, պնդելով, որ նրանք իրենց թաքուն ցանկությունների ամենասուր քննադատներն են դառնում բարոյական հաստատված կանոնների պատճառով:

Ներքին հակասությունը նրանց մեջ առաջ է բերում չարություն եւ ագրեսիվություն, որը հոմոֆոբները սիրով ուղղում են գեյերի եւ լեսբուհիների ուղղությամբ, դրանով բավարարություն ստանալով եթե ոչ սեռական, ապա սոցիալական կյանքում:

«Նույնասեռական հարաբերությունների ամբողջական ժխտումը դա բողոք է առաջին հերթին ինքդ քո դեմ, մարդու սեփական վախերը ճնշելու արդյունք, ով զգացել է նույնասեռականության հանդեպ իր ենթագիտակցական հակումը: Որպես կանոն, այդ մարդիկ դաստիարակվում են ընտանիքներում, որտեղ ոչ ավանդական սերը այլասերվածություն է համարվում»,-պնդում է Էսեքսի համալսարանի դասախոս Նեթա Ուայնշթեյնը:

Օտարերկրյա հոգեբանների առաջ քաշած այս տեսությունը հաստատվում է ԱՄՆ պատմության հանրահայտ սկանդալային փաստերով: Օրինակ, նախկին քարոզիչ-ավետարանական Թեդ Հագերը (հայտնի հոմոֆոբ) կտրականապես դեմ էր միասեռ ամուսնություններին: Միաժամանակ նա բավական հաճախ այցելում էր գեյ-բարեր եւ իր մոտ խոստովանության հրավիրում նույնասեռականների: Ճիշտ է, 2006 թվականին Հագերը ստիպված էր թողնել հոգեւորականի գործը, քանի որ նրան մեղադրեցին տղամարդկանց հետ սեռական կապերի եւ հոգեմետ նյութեր օգտագործելու մեջ, հաղորդում է MedikForum-ը:
        Source: http://www.armtown.com/news/am/nws/20120410/100682/
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

women work too...
          and no, you're not qualified to make the larger decisions in the household just because you work. it should be a family decision. even if i made all the money for my family, i will want and need the rest of my family to make large decisions with me... its just a matter of love, respect and care. you assume you should have all this authority and respect of women. now i see why you hate feminists so much..because they are threatening your 'manhood'. no woman is impressed by your 'manhood'. the only people you are impressing with your 'manhood' is other men.
          maybe thats the same reason why you hate gay people too. because your afraid of change. youre afraid to work for authority and respect from people because you might fail. maybe your afraid that you might loose your gf/wife to another girl??? haha its not rare. or maybe youre afraid that another man will treat you as bad as your treat women (you know..making you a second class citizen, walking all over you, demanding sex with no pleasure in return, not giving you choices..the list goes on).

whatever man. im over this forum crap. i have to deal with people like you on a daily basis and i can do with one less..especially over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
            So if you earn more money then that means you're also better at managing finances? How's that? And what "larger decisions" of the household do you mean?

Don't you see how backwards that is to pressure/shame/force women to stay at home and not have careers outside the home, but then use that as an excuse why they shouldn't be the ones making the decisions or handing finances?
            If you are the sole earner of the house, you obviously should be in control of the finances....

well families usually have children, and women need to raise the children, be there for the children, hold up the house, it's a very important job. If family needs for financial reasons, and kids are already mature enough it's more acceptable for the woman to work. This is our biological place in society.

ov asec vor es "agresiv homofob" em?? kez mi ban el asem, hogebanerin shat mi vstahi

Originally posted by lil View Post
            women work too...
            and no, you're not qualified to make the larger decisions in the household just because you work. it should be a family decision. even if i made all the money for my family, i will want and need the rest of my family to make large decisions with me... its just a matter of love, respect and care. you assume you should have all this authority and respect of women. now i see why you hate feminists so much..because they are threatening your 'manhood'. no woman is impressed by your 'manhood'. the only people you are impressing with your 'manhood' is other men.
            maybe thats the same reason why you hate gay people too. because your afraid of change. youre afraid to work for authority and respect from people because you might fail. maybe your afraid that you might loose your gf/wife to another girl??? haha its not rare. or maybe youre afraid that another man will treat you as bad as your treat women (you know..making you a second class citizen, walking all over you, demanding sex with no pleasure in return, not giving you choices..the list goes on).

whatever man. im over this forum crap. i have to deal with people like you on a daily basis and i can do with one less..especially over the internet.
            If I'm holding up the family financially, I have the right to make large decisions that affect our money and assets. Now the wife will still have her say in a good amount of decisions regarding the family, but there are certain areas where it's the man's responsibility and in all the man should have the final word. It has nothing to do with impressing of manhood. And I don't go around hating gay people. Yes I don't like their lifestyle, nor would want my kids God forbid to have such lifestyle, nor I want it to become part of Armenian society. As for your other comments, I don't need to hear some biased psychoanalysis lol.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

If you are the sole earner of the house, you obviously should be in control of the finances....

well families usually have children, and women need to raise the children, be there for the children, hold up the house, it's a very important job. If family needs for financial reasons, and kids are already mature enough it's more acceptable for the woman to work. This is our biological place in society.

ov asec vor es "agresiv homofob" em?? kez mi ban el asem, hogebanerin shat mi vstahi

If I'm holding up the family financially, I have the right to make large decisions that affect our money and assets. Now the wife will still have her say in a good amount of decisions regarding the family, but there are certain areas where it's the man's responsibility and in all the man should have the final word. It has nothing to do with impressing of manhood. And I don't go around hating gay people. Yes I don't like their lifestyle, nor would want my kids God forbid to have such lifestyle, nor I want it to become part of Armenian society. As for your other comments, I don't need to hear some biased psychoanalysis lol.
              I think psychoanalysis would take too much effort. Also, I, personally, don't psychoanalyze anyone unless I'm being paid to do so.

It just so happens that human sexuality, as with everything else in nature, follows along a continuum. It is common among other primates and species as well. Homosexuality is neither something new, nor fashionable, nor is it something that is going to go away. It just is. It is what it is. Many cultures, including Armenians, have ways of accommodating homosexuality. In the dark ages, gay people went to monasteries and became nuns, priests, or friars. I know enough former nuns and priests personally to know what goes on inside convents and monasteries in the present day.

Let me tell you, also, what happens when there is no possibility of integrating "otherness" into a culture, be it "other" ways of thinking (liberal, global, woman-centered) or "other" ways of living or loving (gay, lesbian, bisexual...). What happens is that you get people who are living double lives. How many people do we know who are married, have children, but also have same-sex lovers on the side? I hear the underground gay scene in Armenia is a very active one. How can living a double life, a life of lies and deceit, be good for anyone, much less for an entire nation?

Either we grow and evolve with the rest of the world, or we go backward, or we march in place.

By the way, also, you have repeatedly mentioned women dressing and behaving in xxxxty ways. It is very well understood that restriction and pressure are what drive people to lash out and rebel. It's called "dualism". It's when people are given only one choice and they create another choice which is usually the exact opposite of the only option their culture or society offers them. You are lashing out against liberal ideology, but you should understand that liberal ideology doesn't restrict you from living your black and white life. Therefore, you don't have anything, really, to rebel against, and it starts to sound like you and others like you are just having an extended group tantrum and insisting on something that no one is keeping you from having. It's like the abortion debate in the United States. Folks who feel abortion is wrong should feel free never to have an abortion. But don't impose your ideology on other people as if it's the final or "only" way. That's what happens in places like North Korea, and look where it's gotten them.

Comment

Something tells me that Mos et al. will not enjoy reading this article.

I have received many emails from readers which exemplify or reject one or more of the six moral foundations. I recently received the text below, which is the most forceful rejection of the Authorit…

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
                  I think psychoanalysis would take too much effort. Also, I, personally, don't psychoanalyze anyone unless I'm being paid to do so.

It just so happens that human sexuality, as with everything else in nature, follows along a continuum. It is common among other primates and species as well. Homosexuality is neither something new, nor fashionable, nor is it something that is going to go away. It just is. It is what it is. Many cultures, including Armenians, have ways of accommodating homosexuality. In the dark ages, gay people went to monasteries and became nuns, priests, or friars. I know enough former nuns and priests personally to know what goes on inside convents and monasteries in the present day.

Let me tell you, also, what happens when there is no possibility of integrating "otherness" into a culture, be it "other" ways of thinking (liberal, global, woman-centered) or "other" ways of living or loving (gay, lesbian, bisexual...). What happens is that you get people who are living double lives. How many people do we know who are married, have children, but also have same-sex lovers on the side? I hear the underground gay scene in Armenia is a very active one. How can living a double life, a life of lies and deceit, be good for anyone, much less for an entire nation?

Either we grow and evolve with the rest of the world, or we go backward, or we march in place.

By the way, also, you have repeatedly mentioned women dressing and behaving in xxxxty ways. It is very well understood that restriction and pressure are what drive people to lash out and rebel. It's called "dualism". It's when people are given only one choice and they create another choice which is usually the exact opposite of the only option their culture or society offers them. You are lashing out against liberal ideology, but you should understand that liberal ideology doesn't restrict you from living your black and white life. Therefore, you don't have anything, really, to rebel against, and it starts to sound like you and others like you are just having an extended group tantrum and insisting on something that no one is keeping you from having. It's like the abortion debate in the United States. Folks who feel abortion is wrong should feel free never to have an abortion. But don't impose your ideology on other people as if it's the final or "only" way. That's what happens in places like North Korea, and look where it's gotten them.
                  So because a few people live double lives are we required to accommodate them? Are we required to change our values and culture to accepted perverted lifestyles, so that they don't have to be ashamed or live double lives? It's more the other way around. They don't get to change our values and lifestyle. Yes we can evolve, but in a way that retains our identity, our values, and our morales. There's a wrong way to evolve and a right way.

I believe in the importance of modest dressing and behaviour among women. Dressing scantily or acting like wh*res does not bring about respect or doesn't help at all our society or nation. Just look at the repuatiof Russian women across the world. They didn't care what their women did, and now their women are regarded often times as very Promiscuous. Dressing sensibly, acting in an elegant manner is what should be stressed and respected.

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
                  Something tells me that Mos et al. will not enjoy reading this article.

http://righteousmind.com/on-telling-...-f-themselves/
                  Disrespect to your parents is a great misdeed, though I'm sure the ultra liberal ideals encourage disrespect towards parents and "rebelling" against any such authority.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

No. According to liberal ideals, you get to do whatever you want, have your wife dress or behave in whatever what you choose. And everyone else gets that same right to live in whatever way that suits them. And stop using the Russian model as if it's the only one.

Respect is a two way street, by the way. Why should a child respect a parent who is unkind, unavailable, or disrespectful?

Comment

Mos, so do you then believe that women should make the decisions regarding the children? If they're the ones taking care of them, this is fair, no? It's similar logic to what you're saying about finances.

You've also repeated that you don't want to impose anything on others, but then you describe doing exactly that. The second you start saying how others should live, then you are...

Comment

Working...
                      X