Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Everyone, do the subjectivity dance with me! 8D

\o/ The world is complex!
    \o\ Life experience is valid on an individual basis!
    /o/ We are all proponents of a reality viewed through limited perspectives!
    _o_ All that truly matters is freedom, happiness, and self-accountability!
    lol People are unique!
    \o/ Their identities and motivations can't be boxed into crude stereotypes!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
      Actually, this is all very predictable, hence boring. The only person's life you are making difficult is your own by holding such rigid ideas. Pity...
      Gee, I hope you've brushed up on your Talmudic laws.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        That can be stopped with the flick of a switch... the free internet is already being debated.
        Nope .. there is no such switch on the internet. But I don't think there is such a thing as "free internet" ... as time goes on, the cost of transmitting a bit from any point on Earth to any other point on Earth will be approaching closer and closer to 0.

There are countries that try to block Internet and do to some extent. But there is no fool-proof way and their efforts won't last forever either as such suppression, oppression, and censorship aren't long term solutions to anything.
        Last edited by Sip; 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Nothing new here -everytime a inteligent woman comes into this forum the hetamnats guys run her out. I hate what the west has done to this world via materialism and zionism but i also acknowledge the progress it has made including womens rights. Some people wana stay in the past never realizing that even in the past things were never as messed up as their minds are today. People think women only had sex after marriage in the old days and that is just funny bs. In the old days people didnt have computers and tv so guess what they did when they had free time. The only way to keep women from having premaritalsex was to marry them off at 14 years of age and thats even more messed up today then it was back then. People tend to romantisize the past believing that somehow back then humanity had everyting figured out but the reality is that we are improving our lives over time as we humans learn more about the world we live in and about our ourselves.Culutre and religion evolve overtime these are not static things and evolution is key to survival in the natural as well as the cultural world. The more we try to hang on to a idealized past that never existed to begin with the further back we set our society. Change is the only constant so you might as well embrace it instead of fighting it and hurting those around you. Driving away women ensures that we have no future and driving away progress means we cannot even comprehend a future.
          Actually, what is happening here is a microcosm of what is happening all through the Armenian communities. This is why we are devolving into a state of mediocrity at best, and why some of the best and brightest just prefer to cut their losses and stay the F away. As I said, all this exchange has done is to reinforce my disgust and disappointment in my people, and my pessimism for the future. My only hope is that maybe a tiny chink was made in someone's head so that he might question his unquestioned beliefs. As for me, I'm outa here because clearly, my input is not wanted. People don't want to hear anything that doesn't reinforce their narcissistic beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
            Nope .. there is no such switch on the internet. But I don't think there is such a thing as "free internet" ... as time goes on, the cost of transmitting a bit from any point on Earth to any other point on Earth will be approaching closer and closer to 0.

There are countries that try to block Internet and do to some extent. But there is no fool-proof way and their efforts won't last forever either as such suppression, oppression, and censorship aren't long term solutions to anything.
            Nah, it's quite easy. They can either close down the routers which direct traffic over the border or go further down the chain and switch off routers at individual ISPs to prevent access for most users inside. They did it in Egypt, China, Burma, etc.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
              Actually, what is happening here is a microcosm of what is happening all through the Armenian communities. This is why we are devolving into a state of mediocrity at best, and why some of the best and brightest just prefer to cut their losses and stay the F away. As I said, all this exchange has done is to reinforce my disgust and disappointment in my people, and my pessimism for the future. My only hope is that maybe a tiny chink was made in someone's head so that he might question his unquestioned beliefs. As for me, I'm outa here because clearly, my input is not wanted. People don't want to hear anything that doesn't reinforce their narcissistic beliefs.
              Sorry but people with such dangerous and anti-Armenian agendas as you deserve to be marginalised in Armenian society. We all here are patriots wanting the best for our nation and people, for our conservative culture and values to be maintained, so that we don't turn into some perverted Western European country, where ideals such as multi-culturalism has ruined any sense of national identity. Once we change the foundation of our nation, our nation can very easily crumble into something unrecognisable.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Nothing is absolute, and preaching an absolutist viewpoint turns an opinion into a caricature of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ADandelion View Post
                  Nothing is absolute, and preaching an absolutist viewpoint turns an opinion into a caricature of itself.
                  Funny you bring that up since feminists like to preach Talmudic principles...

The Talmud's law incorporates two crucial principles:

Firstly, that every individual human life has absolute, not relative, value. One times absolute is just as absolute as 10,000 times absolute. Seventy years of absolute value is just as absolute as one year or one hour of absolute value.

The second, equally crucial principle is that there is a clear, absolute distinction between taking action to end a life and not taking that action, even if the "end result" is the same. To hand that person over to be killed is an act of murder. The argument "he's going to die anyway" has no bearing on the significance of the act, for this is an act of absolute moral significance.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Nah, it's quite easy. They can either close down the routers which direct traffic over the border or go further down the chain and switch off routers at individual ISPs to prevent access for most users inside. They did it in Egypt, China, Burma, etc.
                    Then Egypt blew up ... China will take some time. But for the rest of the world, who is going to go and flip all the switch on these routers? It won't happen. The people will NOT let it. Don't know if you saw what happened with SOPA and PIPA in the US recently but the backlash will be horrendous if anyone tried (they may try to sneak some things but they won't be able to do any big dents).
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

KanadaHye, I know next to nothing about Judaic beliefs, so I won't touch a subject I can't hold my ground on.

However, I will say this. The arguments used by part of a group does not mean that a whole group uses them, or that the message they are using a poor tool to communicate is invalid.

I've had more than my fair share of hostile encounters with radical feminists. Never encountered Talmudic principles before, or having encountered them never recognized them for what they are.

Flamenkita never evoked them. It's as senseless talking about Judaism in relation to her as it would be to compare Mos to Hitler, though both strongly embrace(d) nationalism. On the flip side, Aquinas used Natural Law to argue that animal suffering is meaningless, while Martin Luther King Jr. used the very same arguments to advocate black equality through logic.

Now, since you obviously referenced the Talmud's law as something that's negative, kindly explain as to why it is so.
                      Last edited by ADandelion; 06-05-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X