Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Alright to be shy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !EEK
    NOthing works for me. I don't want to start the conversation/etc.. I want my shyness to disapear instantly!! No one knows how I feel
    Your shyness wont dissapper over night my little pumpkin. It takes time. The more experience you have with girls, the more comfortable you feel being around people. I am shy myself. I have always been shy, especially when there is a group of people.(I'm not really close with I might add) Its like I forget how to speak. But over time, I have realized, who really cares you know. So in class, when I go out with friends, when someone opens the door for me, or whatever, I try to make the effort to look at them and say thank you and talk for that 20 seconds. I hope you understand what I mean. I even start a silly converstaion when I'm in line at the supermarket.

First of all, if you are that shy dont think you must start talking to girl off the bat inorder for this to get better. Just talk to whomever. BTW I do agree with Spiral and Sleuth. Though I understand what Anony is saying, and I am sure it has worked for him and his personality. In a way a girl does feel she is being left out. She can sance the guy isnt giving a damn. She can sance she is being ingored. No matter how cool you play it. Yes, when a guy comes up to me and starts a converstion, I know whats on their mind, but my initial reaction isnt "O what and dumn ass, look at him tring to hook up." If a girl thinks that way then she is thinking wayyy to highly of herself.

But !EEK whatever works for you is the best way to do it. I'm sure in a few years you will over come this. Sorry this took awhile to write, but better late then never. Hope you get something from it.
    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Thanks goey but how do I do when my face is getting red? People notice that kind of stuff. At least when my hearth is beating at 120mph, it often does not show up.......... pfff with all these emotions I'll die at the age of 30

Comment

OK, I pass the overly-emotional-drama-queen status to !EEK, I know longer hold that position, purgver em...
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
          OK, I pass the overly-emotional-drama-queen status to !EEK, I know longer hold that position, purgver em...
          Ok maybe I exagerated my "I'll die at 30" part but this is still a jynx-ish thread and I would like support because I think I'm the shyest armenians

Comment

Eek: Being called a "little pumpkin" by a girl doesnt help in the shyness department

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
              Eek: Being called a "little pumpkin" by a girl doesnt help in the shyness department
              Lol yes, you are right, but I'm safe behind my computer screen

Comment

LOL, nope, that's it, it's too late... I've passed you the torch, I am the drama queen no more.
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

LOL, nope, that's it, it's too late... I've passed you the torch, I am the drama queen no more.
                  Can we start betting when you'll crack and come back with one of those beautiful pink diary posts you're so good at?

Comment

Take back your xxxxing torch...it's all sticky! What did you do with it ?!!

Comment

hummmm... you turn red cuz you probably have a fair/light skin, so do I and I do turn red from time to time hehe but it's not that bad EEK, most people think it's cute Alrighty, now a suggestion... GET A TAN, then you won't be as red and will be more confident to talk to people (if turning red is your main concern)

Comment

Working...
                      X