Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Alright to be shy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !EEK

...if only
    *Groans* Ugh you SO are the new Jinx....
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
      *Groans* Ugh you SO are the new Jinx....
      Don't think so... If we made a poll, I'm sure you'd still be our beloved Drama Queen....I would maybe be the princess...

Comment

This is so gay
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
          Violette's approach is American I think.
          I noticed it when I moved out here.
          hold on let me not generalize. it's not the American, but the "LA" approach.
          since most of you were either born here or came here when you were pretty young, I think the fact that I moved here at 18 makes me sort of "credible" to come to this conclusion so to speak.
          people in LA have this self-image issue. EVERYONE not necessarily thinks, but definitely PORTRAYS themselves as being the best. I think that's why we don't have as many shy people here. I would say it has its good and bad sides. it's good in the sense that -it feels pretty good and it effects your performance, walking to that interview thinking you're AS eligible to get that certain job as any of the other applicants. it's optimism. but a fake one. and that's where the bad side kicks in. deep down you're really struggling to convince yourself that you can get the job EVEN though you don't have the experience and/or the education for it. but you're keeping that image of confidence. you're lookin good to your surroundings and that's all that matters to you. unfortunately.
          this was a culture shock to me.
          I was raised to be a realist. and Los Angeles and its "suburbs" are definitely not that.
          I just thought that since the guy's from belgium, where people are "sincerer" in their relationships (if you will), at least I think so, lets not teach the guy the nasty LA ways for dealing with people. yes...people's "confidences" here are more like egos to me. it's as if I feel like telling them
          "hello, hey you UP there(or THINKING you're up there), could you come down a little please??"
          so EEK, bottomline is just be yourself, if yourself is telling you that youre too shy and you wanna train yourself to be more outspoken then go ahead get some of the tips from this dense thread and work on it, but don't start by going around telling yourself "I'm the best" (as some of our members have suggested you do), if you don't feel you are.
          Thank you for calling me fake by the way...Hmm..What the hell are you talking about? In your life, if you walk around wondering how good you are, or spend it trying to prove yourself to people, WHERE WILL YOU END UP? A nervous butthole. By saying that "you're the best", it doesn't mean that I'm the best marathon runner, or the best musician. No matter how good you are, there's always someone who will be better. "The best" doesn't mean what you do, it's who you are. It's not a sports competition, it's a life competition, sort of like what lose said. There is nothing more fascinating than how a person can make his/herself feel. It's amazing the things you can accomplish, just by being a more confident, and aggresive person. You can't just sit at home, cross your fingers, and hope your shyness will go away. You gotta do something about it. Get up, go out, and enjoy life. That's it.

As far as being raised in LA, I'm sorry but it has NOTHING to do with where I was raised and has everything to do with who I was raised by. My family, even in Iran and Armenia, have always made a conscious effort to praise eachother and to make sure that we all value ourselves to the fullest.

I'm going on and on, and I'm sorry if I sound like a bi+ch, but you've offended me. And we ALL know what happens when you do that. LOL

Comment

It hurts when she is angry

Comment

Don't think so... If we made a poll, I'm sure you'd still be our beloved Drama Queen....I would maybe be the princess...
              AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! This made my morning!

Comment

Yeah maybe lack of confidence....I'm kinda "affraid"(it 's a word a bit too strong) of other people's reaction..
                Well, there's your problem right there. You're putting too much stock in other people. Chances are, most people you meet will forget you two minutes later. You shouldn't be concerned with what they think of you. If you're a kind-hearted person with good intentions, any reasonable woman will recognize this and think very highly of you. Really, you just need to think highly of yourself. So what if meeting new people is awkward to you? It's awkward to a lot of them, too. Chances are, they are just as concerned with how they are coming across, and are too wary of their own actions to be judging yours. The real key is that you can't be afraid of falling flat on your face. I say a lot of really insulting things to people I just meet without even realizing it and sometimes piss them off, but you know what? I just keep going, and most people I strike up a conversation with don't seem to regret it. It isn't that big of a deal to make a mistake.

Comment

SO, maybe you should tell me what you tell them...

Any ice breaking sayings?

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
                    Chances are, they are just as concerned with how they are coming across, and are too wary of their own actions to be judging yours.
                    Pay close attention to this quote, !EEK.

It's rather ironic that the people who are the shyest also have the strongest sense that the world is revolving around them (for lack of a better phraise) and everyone is looking at them, etc. (I'm not in any way attacking you !EEK; we're all like this to some degree).

Comment

• Who deleted my tutu?

Comment

Working...
                      X