Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What do you guys think? Armenian w/ non-Armenian?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breeding machine is such an old thing...you shouldn't worry about these standards in your own life. My grand mother used to tell me I have child bearing hips, and when she found out that I had my menarchy she started hugging me. Who in our generation thinks this way??

You know as well as I do that you are free to have as many children as you like including 0. Save yourself the stress, and just ignore anyone who tries to inforce such old world standards upon you. It's not your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
      Hate to say it, but I despise nationalism in all of its guises. Cultural appreciation is one thing, but some of you take it to a pathological level. So much of your life shouldn't be determined by the last name you were born with. You act as if there is some boundary in genetic space, beyond which sequence variation marks someone as different from you, and within which they are marked as the same. Is the claim to being within this genetic space that you arbitrarily round "Armenia" into really more a claim than the claim to simply being human or even to simply being you? I wish sometimes that I could experience the world like Hellen Keller, defining people by their actions and beliefs, not by what they look like and what language comes out of their mouth.

Silly me.

maybe you can show up to the next forum meeting with a black chick instead of the white one you were with to prove this point. woohoo!

Comment

This thread is definitely missing some jelly beans! Who likes jelly beans? I DOOOOO!
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          It all comes down to having children. If you knew for sure that together with a non-Armenian (I don't like the word otar) spouse you could raise children who would be no less Armenian (culturally) than with an Armenian spouse and would be a full continuation of the Armenian culture and race, then there is no problem whatsoever. However, in lue of the fact that we're close to being in the red book of endangered cultures and most of us already live outside Armenia with the risk of losing our ties to our culture, the need to have children with other Armenians is not rooted in racism or even nationalism, but in the desire to see our tribe survive the next 1000 years and God willing more. We don't want to be the next Assyrians, a proud yet dwindling spec on this planet.

araaaa! i thought you were a true rabiz. guess not. anyway, i'm gonna start a new forum rumor. karoaper sounds a lot like mouse with this post. hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by thedebutante
            araaaa! i thought you were a true rabiz. guess not. anyway, i'm gonna start a new forum rumor. karoaper sounds a lot like mouse with this post. hmm...
            I don't think he's like me because I actually like jelly beans!
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
              As far as the population of Armenians is concerned, I will say this:

I was not born to be a breeding machine for ANYONE. If Armenians want to sustain and increase in population, maybe they should STOP KILLING EACHOTHER. How about this? Let's do something about the damn "so called govt" in Armenia to MAYBE...JUST MAYBE take care of the couples who give birth....Some European countries are doing this..but us..OH NO.

As selfish as this sounds, I will not sacrifice my own happiness for anything...I have gone back and forth about my opinions on the matter, and it wasn't until recently, when I started dating an ODAR (from outer space?), that I realize that it doesn't really matter to me.

Thank God I have an understanding family..I know it'll be difficult...but which relationship is free of dilemma? NONE!

holla .

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                No one said you should be a breeding machine. Unless I missed an earlier post. If you know for sure you can't be happy with an Armenian male, then no one in their right mind would blame you for seeking personal happiness in life by marrying a non-Armenian. However, is it wrong to ask our people to seek happiness amongs us? I certainly don't think so.
                Comrade Stalin agrees with you, Comrade.

Achkerov kute.

Comment

I love it when people completely MISS MY POINT. I wasn't talking about being a breeding machine in GENERAL. I was talking about marrying an Armenian JUST TO HAVE ARMENIAN CHILDREN! That, to me, is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by thedebutante
                    VAKH kuro jan, aghachumem indz muki het ch@ shpotes. Es arnet em ARRNET.
                    Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    I don't think he's like me because I actually like jelly beans!
                    Yes yes, I hate jelly beans. But I do like bean jelly. YUMMMMM!
                    Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Comrade Stalin agrees with you, Comrade.
                    And I agree with Comrade Stalin, even though he's a genocidal maniac. Although I agree more with Lenin Papi.
                    --PIONERRI GOTOVI.
                    --VSEGDA GOTOVI. URAAAAAA! URAAAA! URAAAAA!
                    I love it when people completely MISS MY POINT. I wasn't talking about being a breeding machine in GENERAL. I was talking about marrying an Armenian JUST TO HAVE ARMENIAN CHILDREN! That, to me, is just stupid.
                    Too bad you're a woman and have to do what we men say. MUHAHAHAHAHA. Ok that was joke btw. Please don't kill me. Now go and pop Armo babies out, woman!!!!
                    Last edited by karoaper; 06-28-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Marrying an Armenian to have Armenian children doesn't make you a breeding machine it just helps to preserve our culture.

I'm determined to marry an Armenian, but if I don't, my kids are still going to go to Armenian schools and grow up Armenian no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                      X